PDA

View Full Version : OMG - The Duggar family is at it again.

My3Ds
08-03-2007, 09:12 AM
The Duggar family has had another baby. This is #17 and they want
more. :swoon:
All of the children are their "natural" born too. The stats say she has been pregnant for over 10 years. Yikes. I have three and one more would be cool, but 17?? Whew :eek:

threefriends91
08-03-2007, 09:18 AM
OMG, 17 were do they find the time to Ha Ha l have one and always wanted one more, but that didn't work out, but 17 they would have to put me away LOL l guess we all have a gift at doing something and to beable to bring 17 in this world they have to be very special people
TFS!

Christie
08-03-2007, 09:30 AM
I saw that show they had on them a while back. That is just crazy. I hope that all their kids get the amount of mom and dad attention that they need

My3Ds
08-03-2007, 09:32 AM
christie - that was my first thought. The kids are home schooled and I'm sure the older kids help out. The oldest is 19 (I think). But, I'm sure one on one time is hard to get.

iloveflipflops
08-03-2007, 09:37 AM
I would not time for the Shack if I did that. No thanks....

Christie
08-03-2007, 09:42 AM
I would not time for the Shack if I did that. No thanks....

Or anything else!

scraphappy908
08-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Do all the children have names starting with different letters of the alphabet? If they do, then they only have nine more to go to complete the alphabet! Hee hee.
Seriously, TEN years is unthinkable. I couldn't wait for the nine months to end with my two!
Amy

stampcrazyjulie
08-03-2007, 11:01 AM
I have seen them on TV too....WOW. I am amazed. I think Four is my limit......I'd have to a full time hire Nanny if I even had one more! LOL!

hbpuppy
08-03-2007, 11:08 AM
I've seen two different programs on tv about their family. They are awesome. All of the kids are sweet and helpful. Dad has a pretty decent paying job and is able to be home with the family a lot. Mom is really well organized and just the sweetest lady.

Darleneh710
08-03-2007, 01:23 PM
The Duggar family has had another baby. This is #17 and they want
more. :swoon:
All of the children are their "natural" born too. The stats say she has been pregnant for over 10 years. Yikes. I have three and one more would be cool, but 17?? Whew :eek:

I have a friend who comes from a family of 16 siblings. All her siblings are natural/biological, as well. In their religion they don't believe in b.c. or anything else that involves them giving up their own children. I find it very interesting.:)

Christie
08-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Do all the children have names starting with different letters of the alphabet? If they do, then they only have nine more to go to complete the alphabet! Hee hee.
Seriously, TEN years is unthinkable. I couldn't wait for the nine months to end with my two!
Amy

Actually I think they all have names that start with a J. How many J names are there!!!

workin4stamps
08-03-2007, 02:21 PM
One of my girlfriends is a sibling of 12......none adopted or anything.... They range in age from like 20 to 40 now I think.

Not for me, that's for sure!!! (LOL--coming from someone that doesn't even want ONE....)

Traci

cecescraps
08-03-2007, 03:20 PM
I watched them on t.v. too and I'm thinking those kids are just too good to be true! They are all so calm, well mannered and some are even cute! JK about the even cute part- :) But, seriously, the parents don't raise their voices,nobody is hitting the other one, they do what they are suppose to do the first time, etc... Kinda scarry to me- "Stepford Wife" like kids! And there is no way in heck that either Patrick or Merritt would ever dress like that! :)

Cathi

mydogstinks2
08-03-2007, 03:46 PM
I have seen a few of the shows about them a couple of times. I love that family they are so organized it's great!

I have to wonder with all the kids around how they have time to.. make more?

teabear
08-03-2007, 05:39 PM
I only have one question. With that many kids how do they find time to make more? LOL

My3Ds
08-03-2007, 06:20 PM
I only have one question. With that many kids how do they find time to make more? LOL

This seems to be everyone's question. Maybe that's another special for another channel for another crowd. :twitcy: I will say that they are a well organized family. I culd only wish that for my little family of five. :wacko:

MyRnAbS
08-03-2007, 07:46 PM
:wideeyed::eek::wacko:

Dear LORD!!

ETA: Do they want to complete an entire orchestra???

MyRnAbS
08-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Oh I forgot to add, how will they pay for all that education? What if they pass away before they finish educating them? Or are they expecting to get financial aid?

loobylou
08-04-2007, 08:43 AM
I have never heard of these people,
but my neighbourtells me he had 16 kids. He is in his eighties now and of course the kids are all well and truly grown.
I remember him telling me that they never had a car, always caught the bus to family outings and visiting. they lived in a 3 bedroom house, but by the time the last few babies came along the first few had left home.
I have only two boys and would honestly be put away if I had 16. They must be so spiritual to just accept and make the love and time for all of their children. Good luck to them!
Sarah

Spartymom
08-06-2007, 08:17 AM
The Dugger family was just on the Today show. They named the new baby-Jennifer! Another J name.

JBgreendawn
08-06-2007, 06:15 PM
I have never heard of them either...
wow,
I'm guessing they don't get out much..

can you image a vehicle with that many seat belts?
(and I'd guess a bunch of them are still car seat / booster seat size too?)

Kreative Dryve
08-08-2007, 10:21 PM
All I can say is god bless them, and I am glad it's them and not me.
My grandma was one of 21 children. (I can only imagine)

I have also seen the TV shows, and think they are quite nice.
~MJ

Pumpkin Seed Mama
08-10-2007, 08:43 AM
They are truly a wonderful family. I can't imagine having 17 kids though!! Gosh, her poor uterus!!

TiikkiStars
08-10-2007, 05:36 PM
I've watched a bunch of the documentaries about them. I think they are really interesting. All the kids have names that start with the letter "J". They each have a buddy, an older kid in charge of making sure a younger one is all taken care of, and the baby is the Mom's buddy for the first year, or as long as s/he is nursing. When the kids are interviewed they all say that they hope they all have big families too. They recently built a new huge house themselves and when the kids were given the option to have separate rooms, they chose to bunk together, so there's one large boys room and one large girls room. Those kids are always so well behaved and with that many kids and that many shows done about them, they must be good kids in general, not just for the cameras. They are homeschooled, each play two instruments (piano and violin). They all have chores, even the little ones. According to the documentaries, they don't have debt. A 'long' time ago, they decided to pay off their debt and never have it again, so they buy used and save the difference. The husband sells real estate, I believe, and was even in the state legislature (maybe it was the assembly....can't remember) as a way to serve.

They really amaze me. I could never do it, I don't have enough patience. I have two, had always wanted a third, but I think we're done with two.

Whoops! Didn't mean to write a book here......just find them really interesting!

Karen

stampinmom3
08-10-2007, 07:50 PM
I think they are fascinating too. I like watching the shows about them. God Bless them cause I sure couldn't do it, or for that fact, even want to think about doing it. LOL..

Swanie78
08-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Because once the youngest is weened, it is partnered with an older child. Every child has a partner....mom is partnered with the bfing baby.
I love this family! I think theyd be fun to hang out with. If you watch more than a couple of shows, you see that while everyone is pretty well behaved, that doesnt go for ALL the time. The toddlers do still have temper tantrums.
Any family that can have that many kids, no debt, pay cash (assisted by TLC or not) for their 7000sq ft house, and not live off the government in my opinion needs to be speaking out to others!!
I think if I were in that situation my only complaint would be that I never got new clothes....lol They shop at Goodwill (or the like) once a year when they do a 40% clear out. And the clothes are handed down from child to child. Im sure every once in awhile they get new stuff of their own, but Id hate being the 12th person in line to have worn the same dress.....lol