PDA

View Full Version : Do you post every card you make in the gallery?

loobylou
08-04-2007, 07:31 AM
I was wondering, do we all see everything you make?
Do you only post the cards you really like?
Or cards that are your original ideas?

You guys see almost every card I make. I wonder if some of you are holding back on us???
If you don't post everything to the gallery. what are your criteria for holding a card back???

Sarah

MidwestStamper
08-04-2007, 07:36 AM
I don't remember to post every card or ATC--usually they are off in the mail before I know it! But if I've made a special card for a swap or a challenge that I really like, then I might post it.

Spartymom
08-04-2007, 07:59 AM
Since I don't make my cards very often, I do post them in the gallery. I have two tags/atc ready to post, but they are for a swap so I need to wait until the deadline of the swap before I post them.

loobylou
08-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Ok, So I see Kim, if your creation is for a swap, you don't post it untill it is due. I have been wondering for a while what the ettiquette of this is. Is it what everyone does? I am quite new to swapping and need to find these things out
sarah

GrammaStamper
08-04-2007, 08:15 AM
I post almost everything I make both here and my own blog. For a while, I was posting very little because I wasn't feeling "right". Now, I'm back to my usual self and posting again.

As for swaps, if it is for a swap, then I put in the subject line, "If you're in --------'s This & That Swap, and want to be surprised, then don't look."

Personally, I like to peek to see what I'll be getting, but that's just me.

ccstampin12
08-04-2007, 08:27 AM
I do post just about everything in the Gallery here.
I don't join very many swaps anymore, so it isn't usually a problem to post something before a "due" date! LOL
I say, "Bring it on!!!" HA!
Joanie

suzi_f
08-04-2007, 08:34 AM
I don't post everything. Sometimes I don't really like it, sometimes I just forget. Most of the time, the stuffs in the mail before I remembered to scan it. I also forget to LOOK in the gallery. I'm trying to get better about that.

spredbirds
08-04-2007, 08:58 AM
I only post the things that I really like ... or have time to post. - Chelsea

Erin K
08-04-2007, 09:21 AM
I try very hard to post each one. :)

directmailscrapper
08-04-2007, 09:38 AM
I rarely post my cards -- I feel funny posting a card that I'm going to send someone on the Shack -- but that's probably stupid. Several times I have RECEIVED cards (from the Flood or my birthday or for the heck of it) that I have admired in the Gallery -- that's a double thrill! I have scanned many of the cards I've made but not posted them -- maybe one day I'll upload them. Great question!

laos348
08-04-2007, 09:38 AM
I post every card tp my blog but post to the galleries only once in a while.

Laura

mydogstinks2
08-04-2007, 10:27 AM
I hardly ever post my cards. I just never think about it. I make them and they go straight to the store or in the mail.

ellie
08-04-2007, 11:14 AM
I hardly post anything. I really need to get into the habit of doing that.

teabear
08-04-2007, 11:41 AM
I think I post about 1/2 of the cards I make. Some of them are very specific for the recipient and I'm making them to send right away. Recently, I made a card for the dog sitter, my cousin, and a friend with cancer. All of those went directly in the mail. Also, I've been working on some stuff for publication that I haven't posted. Maybe you'll see it in print. Also, I post some stuff on my blog that I don't post here. So, you are right Sarah, I am holding out on you....LOL

MnMommy2
08-04-2007, 12:22 PM
I post all my cards, even the ones I really don't like how they came out!

Far North
08-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Guess I have alway thought of the digital gallery just like a live art gallery ...as the artist I make selections of my favorites and unique pieces and in this case also different techniques to share. Sometime I make a couple variations of one card with the same technique or image but you will generally only see one in the gallery.
Good question Sarah!...Jan

JBgreendawn
08-04-2007, 01:13 PM
No, I actually don't. I stamp every day and i think my cards all look the same to me, so i do a few every week but not all of them...

I know some people submit cards and they don't post those in galleries if they think they did something worthy of being published, but I usually post most things to my blog then kind of randomly post to the other galleries of sites I belong to.
such as i try to post things at splitcoast that use a SU stamp on them...

Paula Carden
08-04-2007, 02:50 PM
NO I don't post all cards, usually I have them sealed before thinking about scanning. I wish I could remember to at least scan so that I would have future inspiration.
I love seeing everyone's work tho-

Canadian, eh
08-04-2007, 05:55 PM
No, I don't share them all. I'm so busy with posting to my blog, I just don't take the time to post them all here any more.

mjbonoan
08-04-2007, 07:32 PM
I usually don't... by the time I remember to do it, the cards will be in the mail!!!

loobylou
08-04-2007, 07:41 PM
[quote=JBgreendawn;102117]No, I actually don't. I stamp every day and i think my cards all look the same to me, so i do a few every week but not all of them...

[quote]

Stacy, your cards are all amazing, I personally check your gallery for inspiration quite often, just to ooh and aah over your creations...don't hold back on us!!!
Sarah

Erin K
08-04-2007, 08:00 PM
I have to post all mine, I'm a total praise hog. I post them all three times, here, blog and split coast.

If I feel like I'm not getting enough praise I may post them at 2ps too! hehe, I'm kidding about that part.

MyRnAbS
08-04-2007, 08:46 PM
I don't post all of them because I'm too lazy! And sometimes I don't even snap a picture of my creations. I just make them and give them away. I do try though, but it's hard.

MyRnAbS
08-04-2007, 08:48 PM
No, I actually don't. I stamp every day and i think my cards all look the same to me, so i do a few every week but not all of them...

I know some people submit cards and they don't post those in galleries if they think they did something worthy of being published, but I usually post most things to my blog then kind of randomly post to the other galleries of sites I belong to.
such as i try to post things at splitcoast that use a SU stamp on them...

Opps, I somehow missed this. Stacy, your cards don't all look the same to me! As a matter of fact, your cards are gorgeous, every single one of them!!

Kreative Dryve
08-04-2007, 09:30 PM
I don't post all cards.
I am very critical of my stuff, and only post the ones that I really like.
Even the ones for my SU challenge, rarely get seen unless they what I consider quality stuff. I hope it's being seen that way too! :wacko:
~MJ

Kreative Dryve
08-04-2007, 09:33 PM
I have to post all mine, I'm a total praise hog. I post them all three times, here, blog and split coast.

If I feel like I'm not getting enough praise I may post them at 2ps too! hehe, I'm kidding about that part.

Erin, I post at three spots too! Okay 4 now that I think of it! But my blog is getting to be lonely. Need to keep more up to date on it.
I post here, 2 peas, splitcoast, and blog.
I used to post at simply sentiments, but their site has become toooo strict.
~MJ

p.s. don't feel bad, we are all praise hogs! Oink!

JBgreendawn
08-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Okay Sarah,
I put yesterdays card in, then two more from tonight with bad light shots and all... (enjoy) hee hee..

Jovi
08-05-2007, 02:17 AM
I don't post every card I make in the gallery or on my blog. I usually try to add my favorite's to my Picture Albums. ;)