PDA

View Full Version : Cataract Surgery...

shurlyjean
08-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Wednesday, the 8th, is the day my mom will have cataract surgery on her left eye. We were at the hospital today where she got 2 pints of blood, because she is anemic.

So please send your prayers our way on Wednesday. If things go alright she will have the right eye done 2 weeks from then. That is is the better eye.

I will let you know how it goes. She is fine after the tranfusion today. Upset that she has to have these, 3rd one in 3 years, 2nd in 6 weeks.

I want to get her back to her home town for the winter.... so getting the eyes done is a HUGE step to achieving that.

Thank you for your support.

Shirley

kerry
08-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Good luck to your mom...

My Grandma and Grandpa both had cataract surgery. My Grandma was anemic too, she didn't have a transfusion and the surgery was fine.

Both my grandparents said it was a piece of cake...although my Grandpa's whites of his eyes looked like he went through the ringer for about 2 weeks!

cindi
08-06-2007, 07:53 PM
I hope your mom has an easy surgery!
My Aunt had hers done 2 years ago & says it was the best thing she's done.
Hang in there shirley, you'll get your mom home!
:)

directmailscrapper
08-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Shirley, we'll keep you and your Mom in our prayers. I'm sure everything will go great!

GSMom385
08-06-2007, 08:41 PM
My Grandparents both had it and it went well. Very nerve racking for the family however. Felt like we waited forever each time. You will be in our prayers.

teabear
08-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh, I hope it all goes smoothly. It seems like this is a pretty routine surgery lately.