PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question

suzi_f
08-07-2007, 02:32 PM
I say it's silly 'cause I've already made up my mind but...

Last week, I got together w/my stampin buddies & we played w/watercolor crayons and w/c paper. I stamped an image & colored it &, after it was done, I thought it was pretty cool. I brought it home & went to make it into a card. I went to stamp the sentiment & figured it would look best ON the image. Well, the sentiment stamp goofed (obviously it was the stamps fault, not the stamper!) Now, I think it's trash. What are y'alls opinions? Would you just toss this image or try to use it in some manner???

Nadine
08-07-2007, 02:45 PM
I think you could salvage it by drawing some grass above the sentiment. Just extend the grass line using a black marker and draw some in!

mahodgman
08-07-2007, 03:00 PM
It really doesn't look that bad to me, but I would probably re-stamp the sentiment on a separate white piece and then mat it and glue on top of the goof.

cindi
08-07-2007, 03:02 PM
it looks very much like the grass lines. You could easily blend it in.
have fun!
:)

pesc
08-07-2007, 03:58 PM
When putting in on the card you could also dissimulate it under something if you don't like it at all! or you can just rip of the corner and pretend it's was intentional... it work's fine on some of my cards!!! Oh no! I just told everyone that some accident did some great things on my cards!! lol

JBgreendawn
08-07-2007, 05:19 PM
i would use it, I would trim the sides closer to the edges and drag an black distress pad around all the edges, and them maybe color dust a few streaks in the direction of the blooper...

but then i ink alot of things for just that reason... now things look naked to me without and ink bath haha
hth,

stampcrazyjulie
08-07-2007, 05:26 PM
I would either stamp the sentiment again on another sheet of cardstock & layer it onto another color and then place it on, or place a flower or something over the oops..... you could also distress it more.....

spredbirds
08-07-2007, 05:43 PM
You could add a flower or other embellishment to cover it ... I wouldn't toss it!

-Chelsea

Erin K
08-07-2007, 05:51 PM
The way the T in thinking of you touches that bit of grass you could just draw a bit more grass then color under it with the green and not only will it be saved but look like the phrase GOES with the stamp, like it's part of the whole image. Totally cute and if you planned it you'd win a stamping design award.

I LOVE this image, don't you dare throw it away, if you hate it send it to me and I'll fix it up for you, make a card and send it back.

scrappinnuts
08-07-2007, 06:08 PM
I love the images..and I think it lokks great..but I agree with Erin Just put some grass there...Who makes this image? Nice job BTW

suzi_f
08-07-2007, 07:17 PM
It's a SU image but I think it's retired. I can stamp some the next time I'm at my stampin' buddies or borrow it before then if I see her. I was never thrilled w/these images & this was actually the first time I played w/them. They were fun to practice watercolors, pencils & markers with them. I guess I should stamp some more & teach the girls about Prismacolor pencils??? Oh, I guess I'd have to LEARN first. LOL