PDA

View Full Version : My dad is in the hospital :(

Tantalize
08-08-2007, 01:14 PM
UPDATE:
August 8, 8pmTHANK YOU SO MUCH. I really appreciate the support. The latest update on my dad is that they were not able to suck out all the fluid in his lungs, so unfortunately he will have to undergo surgery tomorrow to get rid of the rest. After that, he will be isolated for about 4 days... and atleast another week's stay in the hospital. sigh. What bothers me most is the fact that Im 4hours away. All I can do is hope for the best and leave it in the surgeon's hands.
Hi ladies,

Its very rare that I share my problems or issues, but I had (and am still having) a scare. I went home to visit my parents this weekend as it was a a holiday long weekend in my province. My dad admitted himself to the hospital on Saturday and we didnt think anything that bad about it. He was having pains the past month and he is a super :wacko: stubborn man, so we were sort of fed up that he wasnt going to the doctor.

Turns out that he had about 1.5L of fluid in his lungs! For the first 3 days, my mom and I had to wear masks/gloves/scrubs to visit him as they werent sure if he had an infection. It was a precaution they took in case it might spread and infect other people. So far as it stands, we still dont know what caused the fluid in his lungs. But he is not contagious and is allowed to leave his room (without the pain). Hopefully the test results will come back soon and we will have this mystery solved. I know some of you have had really major scares and hospital visits, but this was my first, so it's sort of had a detrimental affect.

Please keep my dad in your thoughts and hope that it is nothing too serious. Thx for being a place where I can share something personal with you all. :kiss:

inkinupstamps
08-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanh, I'm so sorry to hear your father is not feeling well. I will be thinking of him and your too, with thoughts of healing and well being. It is so scary to see your parents ill.

tesschap
08-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Sending you a big HUG and keeping your dad in my thoughts and prayers. I had my first tramatic experience with hospitals in May & know how scary it is. Do make sure to take care of yourself.

MidwestStamper
08-08-2007, 01:21 PM
That is a scare! I'm so glad that he's finally getting some medical help--keep us posted! And good to see you on the MB, but wish it was under happier conditions!

Christie
08-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanh, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's health issues. I hope that the test come back with all the answers. I will say a prayer for him.

logcabincreations
08-08-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm adding your dad to my prayer list Thanh (I have a notebook right beside my computer.)

Erin K
08-08-2007, 01:34 PM
That is quite scarry. I'm glad you shared it with us.

hugs,
e

teabear
08-08-2007, 01:35 PM
i'm sending you a great big hug. my dad is just like yours-stubborn and won't go to the docs. the fact that your dad admitted himself had to be scary. i'm keeping you all in my thoughts & prayers today.

shuggy
08-08-2007, 01:48 PM
we are thinking of you and your family.

GrammaStamper
08-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Thanh, hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Tantalize
08-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Thank you very much all. I really appreciate all the support.

Vintagegal
08-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Holy cow!!! Thanh, I am so sorry. I will definitely keep your dad and family in my prayers. Stay strong, my friend. You are not alone.

moosemama
08-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Thanh, I will keep your family in my prayers. I hope they are able to locate the problem and then treat him as needed.

hutchink
08-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanh,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad! I hope it helps to know that I'm saying some prayers for him, you and the res of your family! Hopefully they will find some answers soon! Let me know if I can do anything for you! Sending you a big (((((HUG)))))

:kiss:
K

Swanie78
08-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Hoping he's released soon Thanh!!
I still cant believe he was able to function with that much fluid on board :o

loobylou
08-08-2007, 06:13 PM
((((Hugs)))) .for you. Hope Dad gets out of hospital soon

Sarah

dreis1
08-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Hugs and prayers for all of you. Stay strong. Glinda

ellie
08-08-2007, 06:47 PM
I am sending you all a big hug. I pray that everything will go well. Let us know how he's doing when you get a chance. :flowers:

1of2shoes
08-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Thanh, my thoughts and good wishes are for you and your dad. I know it is difficult, as my dad was in the hospital many times. Take care of yourself and your Mom. Hugs.

My3Ds
08-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanh - I hope your dad is home and well soon.

shurlyjean
08-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Is this pnenomia? I never hear of such a thing... but what do I know.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Shirley

Nadine
08-08-2007, 07:45 PM
I'll keep you and your dad in my thoughts. I hope they figure out what's causing it soon!

JBgreendawn
08-08-2007, 07:48 PM
I hope they can figure it out for him soon!
{{ HUGS! }}

hbpuppy
08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Hi Thanh. I'm so sorry to hear that your dad is having a tough time. I hope the doctors figure it out soon you he can get treatment and start getting better. Don't feel bad about sharing here. Everyone cares about you.

Tantalize
08-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Bumped.

I updated my dad's status.

cindi
08-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Sorry to hear your dad is having such troubles!
Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
hugs
Cindi

MyRnAbS
08-09-2007, 08:03 AM
:cry2: Thanh, I'm so sorry I didn't know what was going on, I haven't been at the shack too much during the day. I'm sending you my immediate thoughts and prayers! And a big old great hug for you!! We are all here for you!! Please....Please....Please keep us updated!! May the Lord bless your father and all of you!! Godspeed!