PDA

View Full Version : I've started my Christmas wish list...have you?

logcabincreations
08-10-2007, 10:19 AM
At the top is a digital camera (so I can finally upload my projects), a new 8 ft. table for my craft space and some storage/organizers.

MyRnAbS
08-10-2007, 10:23 AM
I've had my wishlist since Jan. 2007 ;)

Mine is a DVD or Hard drive camcorder. But it keeps changing, so I don't know for sure yet OR if all of it, kwim ;) I do deserve it all after all I gave birth to two wonderful dd's ;) I always use that as an excuse, and it's worked all these years :)

Erin K
08-10-2007, 10:26 AM
I want an excellent quality mixer. Either the best quality hand held or a Kitchen Aid stand up one. I only want Kitchen Aid no matter what.

I don't know what else...

Oh I want that thing at costco that is an all digital video recorder that does like 30 min then you can upload it to the internet. It's like $99.

I want Stephen to ge that book, "everybody poops".

logcabincreations
08-10-2007, 10:28 AM
I want an excellent quality mixer. Either the best quality hand held or a Kitchen Aid stand up one. I only want Kitchen Aid no matter what.

I don't know what else...

Oh I want that thing at costco that is an all digital video recorder that does like 30 min then you can upload it to the internet. It's like $99.

I want Stephen to ge that book, "everybody poops".

Oh...I know what you mean about the Kitchen Aid. I've wanted one for so long. I wonder if the digital video recorder is like the one Myrna wants? Oh....and a book about pooping is definitely a buy for the little guy. :nod:

workin4stamps
08-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Mine is easy:

1) Digital Camera
2) Laptop

:-)
Traci

P.S. Everyone should have a Kitchen Aid stand up mixer. They are GREAT. Erin---do not get a hand held one....just go for the Kitchen Aid. Mixing up that thick buttercream icing is no fun by hand. I think I have the low or medium model Kitchen Aid (they have 3 I think), and mine has worked just great for years....

suzi_f
08-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Before I quit my "real" job, I insisted that I get a Kitchen Aid mixer. I LOVE it!!! I don't know that I could live w/o it. Makes FABULOUS mashed potatos.

I have a new laptop on my Christmas list too. DH insists that I need a video iPod. Uh, NO! He's got one & we're planning on getting dd one for Christmas this year so I think that'll be enough :)

MyRnAbS
08-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Girls, True story! A little bit before my late father passed on I wanted a kitchen aid mixer as well. He finally said, Okay I'll buy it for you, I was excstatic(sp). To this day it's still in the box in my storage room. I am thinking about giving it to my oldest dd because she likes to bake, and I think this would be a perfect gift for her upcoming county fair baking contests. She was recently in a baking contest this last spring for school, and she got 1st place. Of course it might have been rigged my sister was one of the judges, and the way I hear it she ate all the pasteries made :shocked: But there were other judges, so who knows. Anyways, I had it in my head back then like 7 years ago that I was going to start baking, :lol: boy was I kidding myself or what? I'm going to take a picture of it with all the mess in that room to show you guys that I'm not fibbing. Mary jayne can vouch for this as well. She sure is a lucky one I might add, she got one as a gift from a wonderful person that loves her for doing some paper work for them. I can't remember, but mary does use hers. She loves it!! Oh I remember why else I wanted mine, I wanted to start making flour tortillas, I had found a perfect recipe to make them and it used a stand up mixer.

Okay did I make sense at all? I feel like I'm drifting away into sleepness valley!! I haven't gone to bed yet!

*ETA-the kitchen aid is almond color, is that a good color girls? I just didn't want it white, and the reds back then were a little more pricey my dad was like HURRY UP and MAKE sure you get the cheapest one, I'll wait in the car :shocked: I had to carry that thing a million miles, but I sure did ;)

Erin K
08-10-2007, 12:42 PM
almond is very classy. I'm sure she will LOVE it.

I want one for sure now I"m not gonna get a hand hold one, just hold out for a stand up one

mjbonoan
08-10-2007, 12:45 PM
I sure can vouch for Myrna... her Kitchen Aide is still in the box and mine sits on the counter where I use it for almost anything that needs mixing!!

mjbonoan
08-10-2007, 12:48 PM
If Myrna wants a camcorder I want one too, but I need to see which one she gets cause we have to have the exact same things all the time or else we won't breath!!!

If we buy the same stuff, then we don't have to argue about whose stuff is better or more expensive!!!

MyRnAbS
08-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Erin, Stand up mixer is the best choice I agree with you holding out until you can get that one. Great choice!

Shane,
For sure I'll consult with you on which one to get, but I keep changing my mind, what if it sits there for another 7 years with little use? We need to sit down and think about this one really well!! If I can buy a dvd burner then I'll keep my dinosaur, but we'll see.

Christie
08-10-2007, 01:29 PM
I always have alist!! If i don't get something one year it rolls over to the next!!

MyRnAbS
08-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Chrisite that's too funny!! I'm just here laughing out loud and the bed is moving and all too funny!!! You can call them your roll over gifts like that cingulair add!! That's why I'm laughing, it's just too funny!!

Erin K
08-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Why did you call Mary Jayne Shane?

MyRnAbS
08-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Erin,
I'm sorry I get carried away here. I've called her that forever! It's an acronym for jayne have you ever seen fun with dick and jane? You know dick he was beat up and could hardly speak, he asks to call his wife shane more less. Well in spanish some people will call Jayne - shane so I've called her that ever since I've known her. I kind of make up names for people. Her little brother, you know the looker, he would call her Kaki, now that's odd!! No clue as to why he called her that to this day! HOpe I've explained it okay instead of mixing u up more, I sure am a tired marvin by now.

logcabincreations
08-10-2007, 03:14 PM
You girls are hilarious! I love nicknames....as long as they aren't vulgar...lol. I was boo boo when I was a little girl because I was in the hospital a lot when I was little and that's what my doctor called me.

Now about that standup mixer....Myrna you don't know what you are missing girl. Get that thing out of the box and start baking. :nod: Then, post some pictures.

MyRnAbS
08-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Jan,
I suppose you haven't yet seen my attempt to that baking have you? Let me show you what I'm talking about, I truly think I have no future in the baking department. At least I can say I did try. http://myrnabs.blogspot.com/2007/07/okay-so-i-will-now-tell-you-about-my.html Now I do know that I will never be like Erin, but that's ok I can live with that! ;)