PDA

View Full Version : Alli-Snail mail question for you

Far North
11-17-2006, 10:36 AM
I was just wondering if you have been in any swaps with folks from the US.
Do you have any idea about how long it takes for mail to travel to you?
Thanks for the info!...Jan

inkinupstamps
11-17-2006, 10:48 AM
and ask too about mail from Canada.

I'm really hoping Alli will host swaps as well as join in ones here in North America and Jan, your question is a good one so we can all be sure to know the time lines and postage and enjoy international swapping.

As an aside...I sent a letter size envelope to Australia from here and it took just under two weeks to arrive...which is A LOT better than some of the mail time traveling just in North America.

Looking forward to reading your responses. Sorry I but in but I am interested too.:)

Far North
11-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Ah-h yes Jennnifer we are on the same track. I don't want Mark to get the feeling that we are anxious or anything like that but I do want to be ready when I post my first swaps to be able to include EVERYONE! It is my hope that Alli's mail will fly over the North Pole and get to her before the east coast receives their mail. Maybe I'll have to do a little test LOL!...Jan

iloveflipflops
11-17-2006, 11:18 AM
I did mail a card to Alli a few weeks ago and I believe it only took a week and a day to get to her but I am not positive about that. I remember thinking that it got there rather quick :)

Alli
11-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Awwww guys, you are so sweet. Do you know that I am a swap virgin! :o :D

I have never done one, I am in the middle of a secret ATC swap from Splitcoaststampers where you had to be invited to do one, so it is my first swap and first ATC and I am feeling a little overwhelmed because only the "best" stampers on SCS have been invited and I don't feel worthy!:)

But I'm sure Sherri will bully me into a swap at some point! :D You know I love you Sherri!

But to answer your question it usually takes just over a week from US and Canada to here! Sometimes things can get here quicker than US to Canada, hee hee!
I think it is a little longer here to there, but no more than about 10 days I think.

teabear
11-17-2006, 12:58 PM
I just figured out that you are in the UK, Alli. I love the internet...we can all chat together in one place.

GrammaStamper
11-17-2006, 01:10 PM
My DD lives very near Alli and she once sent a card on a Monday and I got in on Wednesday! Even she was surprised. Mostly she gets things I send with 7 - 10 days. HTH,