PDA

View Full Version : Heeeeeelppppp !!

inkinupstamps
11-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Oh golly! Sherry did I put too many caps and exclamations in that title? I really need help though. I just posted my a card and while I think it is cute....well...that is all. It's cute but it is lacking. Please help me tweek this house mouse into something more! PLEASE???

You can find it in the gallery at: http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=780&limit=recent Ya see? This is what happens when you go to your RSS to ask a question and buy metalic paper...you come home with a new house mouse stamp! LOL

cindi
11-17-2006, 09:38 PM
the way it is!! It's super cute and perfect!!!
:)

inkinupstamps
11-17-2006, 09:39 PM
NO IT ISN'T! Now come on...help me here! :D

cindi
11-17-2006, 09:43 PM
It is pefect the way it is!! I promise!! take a big breathe and hug Bella!!:)

inkinupstamps
11-17-2006, 09:50 PM
She's fine! Stitches and all...she's back to her old self.

No really! I love the house mouse stamp and sentiment but it just feels....ho hum. You know...do I stitch around it? Do I put a button? An extra ribbon? WHAT?

cindi
11-17-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm telling you I think it's wondrful the way it is!! & I'm not alone..have you checked the galllery?? BTW..I'm glad to hear Bella is a stinker..it means she's feeling good!:)

jdpisces
11-17-2006, 09:56 PM
You are too funny, Jennifer! Why are you looking for criticism when you don't deserve it?!?!? Your card is beautiful! I left you some comments in the gallery....

Julie

inkinupstamps
11-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Dagnabit girls...ok...I'll go check the gallery but so far you aren't helping me. I luv ya...but ya aren't helping!

My3Ds
11-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Butting in here, but... I like the card very much! I think I understand what you mean though. Are the two greens too close in color (the grass and paper)? Maybe something around the oval opening to set it off. If you think it's really bad, just send it on down here to me. :) It really is nice though.

Gaerria (glad to hear Bella's back to normal)

My3Ds
11-17-2006, 10:00 PM
How about rolling the inner edge of the oval. Know what I mean?

inkinupstamps
11-17-2006, 10:03 PM
See...now this is what I'm asking...

Great suggestions. I'm too sleepy to do it tonight but first thing in the a.m I'm going to take your suggestions! Thanks so much! I just think you have the answer!

Say...if I sell a bajillion of these...do I have to give you a commission because you gave me the key to success?:D

My3Ds
11-17-2006, 10:08 PM
You better believe it! Commission is my middle name. LOL Just kidding. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Gaerria

inkinupstamps
11-17-2006, 10:12 PM
and I like the way you think. I'm going to try to "texture" the oval...I think it needs it. OK...the what about that blob of a ribbon going across? Do I can it or add another bow or what?

How 'bout I let you make my card for me, eh? :D Just kidding......well...sort of kidding! I'm always willing to take suggestions!

Erin K
11-17-2006, 10:23 PM
I do like it very much but maybe some gold? Do you have one of those leafing pens? Maybe gold leaf around the mouse image instead of the green?

I do love it though

1of2shoes
11-18-2006, 12:08 AM
on the gallery. I mentioned glitter. Oh yes, glitter. Everything needs a little glitter.

GrammaStamper
11-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Jennifer, I did leave a suggestion about your card in the gallery section. Totally intended to be constructive 'cause, baby, I love your work.

mahodgman
11-18-2006, 09:29 AM
I think it is an awsome card just the way it is. I wish I could color so well! Here is the one and only thing I can think of to jazz it up. Hang a charm off the ribbon or use a buckle sort of thing. There is a great little buckle thing in the SU Hodgepodge Hardware set that would be perfect for this little mouse.

My3Ds
11-18-2006, 11:25 AM
and I like the way you think. I'm going to try to "texture" the oval...I think it needs it. OK...the what about that blob of a ribbon going across? Do I can it or add another bow or what?

How 'bout I let you make my card for me, eh? :D Just kidding......well...sort of kidding! I'm always willing to take suggestions!

The so called "blob" of ribbon looks fine. If I make any of the cards there won't be any commission. No one would want them! Let us know what you do.

Gaerria

HeatherJ
11-18-2006, 01:15 PM
I, too, like it as is, but if you want to add something, I was also going to mention the charm hanging off the ribbon, or a peice of ribbon tied to that one, maybe red gingham.

But it is adorable as is, too!!

Alli
11-18-2006, 03:49 PM
I think it's great too, but if you really forced me under pain of torture and it was my card (which I would be very proud of) I would mount the image and the sentiment onto mats and put it onto dimensionals or pop dots to give it some height. I would either mount it onto red or gold and if you can't make an oval mat slightly bigger than the image, I would use a gold krylon pen to make the edge of the oval gold.
Still think it is cuter than cute though! ;)