PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe it!!

suzi_f
08-18-2007, 10:00 PM
I just talked to my mom (I was supposed to call her when I got home yesterday. OOOPS!) Anyway, she said my aunt is moving down to Bolivar (or Shangrila-dida) as we call it. I guess I shouldn't be real surprised as she has lived next door to my bro & sil for about like 7 years (and my SIL lived next door to HER mom who also moved) and was really missing the kids. She said that the twins b'day (last monday) was the first one of ANY of the kids b'days that she'd ever missed. She found a house to rent down there, drove down this morning, rented it & will be moving in the next few weeks.

I'm starting to feel like the last one here (I do have 2 other bros plus another Aunt/Uncle/Cousin still living here). Weird. My family has all lived w/in 5 miles of each other my entire life. My mom's family (except for 1 bro) lived here since 1960. It's just a very odd feeling for something that has been constant your entire life to change in 4 mos.

tojoco
08-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Are you talking about Bolivar, Tennessee? That's not too far from me.

suzi_f
08-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Nah, Bolivar MO. Cute town, but I'm not moving! Not anywhere South anyway. DH, however, wants to move to TN since y'all have no state income tax.

tojoco
08-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Well that's true about the state tax but our sales tax on everything is nearing 10%.