PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy acrylic blocks?

directmailscrapper
08-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I have just purchased some unmounted stamps and don't have acrylic blocks big enough for them! One is the square background stamp from Outlines Rubber Stamps (about 5 x 5) and another one is a background stamp that is about 5-1/2 x 4-1/2.

Also -- how many acrylic blocks do you have? Just wondering how many I "need"!:eek:

Thanks!

Nancy

Christie
08-20-2007, 02:39 PM
I got mine at Michael's. I know that Hobby Lobby sells them too and yo ucan you a 40% off coupon on them. All I have are tiny ones, I need to invest in a larger one.

MidwestStamper
08-20-2007, 02:41 PM
I bought mine at Michaels, but not sure if they have one this big. I did see a larger size at Target.

CTMH (Close To My Heart) sells them since all their stamps are clear acrylic, and they have all kinds of shapes and sizes.

I have about 4 sizes, and 2 or 3 of the smaller ones since I have lots of those little $1.00 clear stamps from Michaels.

workin4stamps
08-20-2007, 02:42 PM
TAC sells them too. Lots of different sizes.

Traci

tesschap
08-20-2007, 02:46 PM
I just received an email from Gina K. introducing her new blocks - http://blog.ginakdesigns.com/ - I haven't had a chance to check out the price, etc. but thought I'd post her site in case you want to check it out (before I forget)!

flyingflower
08-20-2007, 02:51 PM
darn, darn , darn - I have a few extra large size blocks that I could have added to that package I just sent

DON'T buy ANYTHING until we talk!

TiikkiStars
08-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I've bought them from lots of places. Target is currently carrying a large one for the Autumn Leaves acrylic stamps that they are carrying right now. That's the largest one I own. I also know that Technique Tuesday has some larger ones for their large fonts, but I'm not sure if they have large square ones or simply wide long rectangles. You might also want to check out www.sundayint.com (http://www.sundayint.com) as I know they carry a wide variety of acylic blocks. And one last suggestion, a kidlet's board book that is plastic/vinyl coated would work in a pinch. Hope that helps some!
:> Karen

mydogstinks2
08-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Mine are from TAC and have 5or6 diffrent sizes. I also have a mediumish size one from wally world.

flyingflower
08-20-2007, 04:42 PM
the ones I have all came from TAC in the sets (I got them as a hostess half-price item :D), but I think they are the same as the ones that sunday international sells

buggainok
08-20-2007, 04:50 PM
If you can find them, get the kind with the grid lines marked on the blocks. It makes it super easy to line up your stamps on the block.

mkirkwood2002
08-22-2007, 11:08 PM
I think that Gina K is now selling the kind that have the finger grips - they are all curvy instead of straight around the edges.
Some of them have gridlines and some don't. But don't worry you can always take a ruler and your exacto knife and make your own line for lining up your stamps.
I have a bunch from CTMH too with a snazzy carrying case too!
BUT here's the best TIP I've ever heard - if you can find a wood block that's the right size for your stamp you can use that. If it has a sticker on it the back - like the Stampin' Up! ones do - you can just cling the unmounted stamp to that. It really works!

tesschap
08-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the tip - I am in need of a large acrylic block and do have a couple of SU background stamps that I never mounted. I may give it a whirl. Thanks :)

Jovi
08-22-2007, 11:35 PM
I have blocks from Stampendous, TAC & CTMH. I highly recommend the CTMH blocks, they are a bit more pricey... but well worth it. ;)

scrappinnuts
08-22-2007, 11:59 PM
I love my CTMH blocks... I need the biggest one though.