PDA

View Full Version : Any High School Musical Fans here?

patcreates
08-20-2007, 04:09 PM
I am not afraid to embrace my dorky side and admit that I have seen HSM 1 at least 7 times and I watched all 3 showings of HSM 2 this weekend. I also saw a live production of HSM 1 at a local music theatre in July for my birthday.

Anyone else here a fan?

Spartymom
08-20-2007, 04:14 PM
I can't say that I'm a fan (the movie is cute) but my girls are! We had to tape HSM2 b/c we were camping this weekend. They have already seen that movie twice and we have the soundtrack. The original HSM we saw and have the soundtrack too. Girls know all the words to the songs. Did I mention my girls are 5 & 7?

HeatherJ
08-20-2007, 04:31 PM
It has been on in our house all weekend too! DD and Ds are big fans and I admit some of the songs are quite catchy!

laos348
08-20-2007, 05:05 PM
We were just listening to the music in the car! This morning tickets went on sale for the theater production so I snapped up tickets as soon as the box office opened! DD is going to be so excited when she finds out!

Laura

toao
08-20-2007, 05:08 PM
OF COURSE we are fans! You've only seen HSM1 seven times? *gasp* Just kidding. My DD who just turned 6 has watched it at least 100. We have the original version, the sing a long version, the dance version, the special edition, and right this very moment she is in the livingroom watching HSM2. We just LOVE it. And I don't mean just her....DH even likes to watch it over and over. LOL He has his favorite parts...like where Zeke is talking about baking and Corbin Bleu tells him to shut up. (Don't ask me why he laughs at that part every time) My favorite scene is the auditions on the first movie. Hahahaha I've watched the 2nd one twice now and I haven't decided which part I like the best. I'm not quite sure if I like it as much as the first movie. I'll let you know after I've watched it 100 times. HA!

Mary

irishchristine
08-20-2007, 05:20 PM
I loved it! I tivo it for my 6 and 9 year old and yes I have watched it all weekend! It is too cute. My dd knows all the moves to the first one and so do I!lol

patcreates
08-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Ooh...favorite scenes....

In HSM1, it has to be Status Quo. I could watch that cafeteria scene over and over!

In HSM2, it is a tie between the scene where Gabriella quits and leaves (totally breaks my heart! :( ) and the scene where Troy is singing and running through the golf course (Bet on It).

My DH saw the live production with me and he loved it, but anytime I try to get him to watch the tv version, he always says the live production was better. LOL

Darleneh710
08-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Sorry, not me. My daughter is a HUGE fan though. She has the first on dvd. And she has seen it countless times on t.v. She was with her dad this weekend and made me promise to tape HSM 2 when it was on Friday night. Plus the new HM show. Geez! But I did see Hairspray with her and loved it. The guy form HSM is in that I guess...lol (that's me...a mom who doesnt know lol)

scrappinnuts
08-20-2007, 05:50 PM
I must admit I have watched it... My DD will be an extra in one of the upcoming shows.... I will let you know when..she films in about a week. So I had to watch to see what she will be doing...lol...I thought it was a cute show. We have also seen the HSM parade at California Adventures...very fun

IMBlessed5
08-20-2007, 06:49 PM
OMG girlfriend, you KNOW I'ma HSM freak! LOL

I watched HSM2 three times this weekend too. And each time I caught a little sumpn that I missed before. So I need to watch it more! ;) My favorite scene as of right now, is the baseball game (I Don't Dance). And I love how Ryan because "part of the gang" in this movie!

I think I like HSM1 a little bit more. And maybe, like someone else mentioned, because I've seen it a lot more! But not enough. Not until I know it word for word like the movie Grease. This is my modern day "Grease". ;)

HSM3 will be out next year - it's called Haunted High School Musical. Kinda strange. Can't wait to see what that's all about!