PDA

View Full Version : Cuttlebug Question -

My3Ds
08-20-2007, 06:12 PM
When you use your cuttlebug to die-cut, does the die cut image come through to the cutting plate? I used mine today to punch some images and the cutter came through on the clear plastic shield thingie. :arghh: I'm not real thrilled about that if it is suppose to because my nice new pad is marred.

tesschap
08-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Yes - I was quite upset when this happened the first time! What I do is use it on the marred side when I use die-cuts and the smooth - perfect side when I emboss.

Far North
08-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Sorry to tell you, yes that is what happens. I have not had any issues with mine once it was cut. As recommended I do move the dies around so I am not cutting on top of the same location time and time again. I did buy one spare plate when I had a extra coupon.

IMBlessed5
08-20-2007, 06:40 PM
That's what I do too - move mine around each time. It's perfectly normal and is supposed to happen. You'll get lots and lots of cuts on both sides of the plate before you ever have to replace it though. It will look really bad, and still be in perfect working condition.

Have fun with it!

buggainok
08-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Someone said Provocraft said you could use it 500 times or so before it might need to be replaced.

My3Ds
08-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Okay. Thanks. I feel better, sorta. I don't mjarking up my plates :( Now I know why the directions say to rotate the plates. Thanks ladies.

JBgreendawn
08-20-2007, 10:55 PM
yeah so one other thing i did was a i picked up a refill pack when the lss had a sale and so when i am embossing i use two (new plates) and only use the one with cut marks for cutting...

because on my old sizzix when they first came out with the slim dies a few years ago i would end up with "cut embossed marks" all over my little die cuts which drove me batty, so i used to use a new cut pad with that to do the sizzlits fonts before i ran them through my cuttlebug.

hth,

Jailbirdstamper
08-25-2007, 03:00 PM
it bothered me too - but I guess I've got used to it! it kind of makes me feel good each time I look at it, like WOW I'm getting my money's worth out of it!

ccstampin12
08-25-2007, 03:05 PM
I heard that it is a good idea to flip the plate over and around so it doesn't warp.
Joanie

MyRnAbS
08-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Yes it does, and eventually you'll need replacements :eek: