PDA

View Full Version : I need some Crop-A-Dile help!

jdpisces
10-15-2006, 04:27 PM
I used to be so good at using this thing! I picked it up the other day and went to set an eyelet and the whole thing was smashed!

Any Tips or Tricks you can share? I am sure it has something to do with the sizes of the setter....but I can't be sure. :mad:

Thanks!
Julie

stampcrazyjulie
10-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Hi, Julie! I bought mine a few weeks back but have been really intimidated by the looks of it to use mine thus far. I too would be interested in tricks and any other info that anybody can share with us!

teabear
10-15-2006, 07:16 PM
for using it. If you saved the cardboard from the packaging, it tells you how to set them correctly for each type and size of eyelet and snap. I messed up the first eyelet I set, but smooth sailing after that. Be sure you press gently at first, especially since some eyelets are weaker than others. You can feel it give when it is set. I hope that helps. Love this tool!

mydogstinks2
10-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Depends on the metal thickness of the eyelet. I had some that just keep smashing right up. If you start out with lite pressure and keep an eye on it that helps. For most of my eyelets I have the one side of the Crop-a-dile set on the setting that looks like a cone.

HTH

Chris