PDA

View Full Version : Poor Ladybug!! She has something called Horner's Syndrome ...

iloveflipflops
08-24-2007, 12:55 PM
I took her to the groomer this morning to get a much needed haircut. She was fine when I dropped her off. 2 hours later, she is done and i go pick her up. We are driving back and she starts taking her front paw trying to itch her right eye. I looked at her and her right eye is all droopy. Can barely open it. I calle the groomer and asked her what happened to her eye. She said she had no idea. Nothing that she knew of. So i took her immediately to the vet. She has something called Horner's Syndrome. Said its like a paralysis to the eye. Its neurological and sometimes stress brings it on or a bad ear infection that she may have had and i didn't know it.

She looks pitiful, can barely open it and is on antibiotics now. It SHOULD clear up in weeks. Like 6-8 weeks I think they said .. Geez, how can this happen this quick? I have no idea if she can see out of it, I should've asked the vet that. Poor thing. She really looks pitiful... You can read about it here:

http://www.purinaone.com/dogcare_cond_atoz_article.asp?Seed=787&ArticleNumber=30072

logcabincreations
08-24-2007, 01:09 PM
do you think she was stressed from being clipped at the groomers?

tojoco
08-24-2007, 01:41 PM
She may be stressed because of Tudi. Poor thing. I hope she gets better real soon.

workin4stamps
08-24-2007, 01:55 PM
So for sure it's nothing that will be permanent, right???

Poor Ladybug!!!

Traci

iloveflipflops
08-24-2007, 02:03 PM
DH thinks its Tudi stressing her out ... I know there was a rottweiler at the groomers but he is always there in his cage. I don't know what caused it. I know I am stressed now ...

ccstampin12
08-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Sounds kind of like Bell's Palsy that humans get, but it is usually temporary. So sorry you have this worry!
Pets are such fragile beings....we don't realize what they are thinking!
Good Luck!
Joanie

iloveflipflops
08-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Yes that is exactly like it is ... bells palsy in a dog.

inkinupstamps
08-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Oh my gosh, Sherri. That is so scarey. Keep us posted on how she is doing. I hope the antibiotics are effective and fast. Poor Ladybug!!

tesschap
08-24-2007, 02:58 PM
I was just going to say that it sounded like Bells Palsy! I hope she's feeling better soon. I'm sending her a hug from Bentley :)

Nancy
08-24-2007, 03:02 PM
I took our dog to the groomer. She was deathly ill when I brought her homeand then when it happened again, I told them whatever happened happened there and I wouldnt be back.I have a groomer come to the house and no problem now. Trudi could have been traumitized by them or by you leaving her there. Try an at home groomer and see if that works out. At Pet Smart one time I saw a groomer hit the dogs mouth and reported it right away and that was where everyone could see the grooming. The best to you and Trudi == Nancy

GrammaStamper
08-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Sherri, here's a hug from our cat, Hank. He said to tell Ladybug and he's sorry she's having such a tough time and hopes she feels better soon.

toao
08-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Aww poor ladybug! I hope she's feeling better soon so her mom can quit worrying.

Mary

ellie
08-24-2007, 05:24 PM
That seems so sudden...poor baby. It's hard to imagine that our little fur babies get stressed too. I hope the medicine works fast!

cindi
08-24-2007, 08:27 PM
poor Ladybug!!
I sure hope the antibiotics work quickly. must be scary to her!
give her a hug and scratch her ears for me.
:(

JBgreendawn
08-24-2007, 10:27 PM
I hope the meds kick in soon Sherri, that is so hard when your furbabies are not well...

( my friends dog turned out to be allergic to the shampoo her groomers use... dog would come home squeaky clean then the next day she'd be bald and have red welts on her skin)

poor Ladybug, hope shes feeling better soon!

teabear
08-25-2007, 12:25 PM
I hope she mends quickly. I wonder if the problems she was having recently are part of it. Sending you both a hug.