PDA

View Full Version : Glossy Paper and Wax Paper

ngreek
08-26-2007, 02:37 PM
So not sure if anyone experienced this but I definately learned there is a huge difference in the CTMH or SU Glossy paper versus other brands carried at Michaels or Joanne's. I attempted to use the other brands and found I could not get the wax from the wax paper to adhere to these other brands. it would adhere to the CTMH and the SU. I even tried some different glossy photo paper.. not working. So $ out the door but ended up with now knowing pay the money for the quality stuff.

Nicole

teabear
08-26-2007, 05:05 PM
I love SU glossy paper. Honestly I can't seem to find it anywhere else. Photo paper is way different, but works for some things. I don't know what you are doing with the wax paper, but it sounds interesting.

ngreek
08-26-2007, 06:00 PM
I took the wax paper and was Ironing it to the glossy paper. Where the Was remains but the paper is off. I ahve an example of what I did in the Gallery. It is the picture of the Giraffe. The Background paper is what I did it with. I crinkle the was paper to get that different texture on the paper.
Nicole

teabear
08-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh, I saw that card and wondered if it was wax paper technique. I don't think I used glossy when I did this technique many moons ago. Cool card.