PDA

View Full Version : I'm in an Ebay fighting war . . .

tojoco
11-19-2006, 11:51 AM
My niece desperate wants one of the new Juicy Couture handbags for Christmas. I am bidding for one on ebay. I am the high bidder at $50 and there's 40 minutes left. Does anyone have any great advise for me to win the handbag without paying a fortune. It's coming from England so I have to pay $12.50 shipping which isn't too bad but I'm adding it to the cost of the handbag.

Erin K
11-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Brian does the thing where he waits until the last minute and then puts his max bid in right then. I guess that works but I'm a looser and usually just figure out the most I'm willing to pay at the first and just put that in and wish for the best.

Goodluck to you!

Sherry
11-19-2006, 11:54 AM
My secret for ebay is to use an auction snipe program. You enter the max amount that you are willing to pay and the snipe program will do the bidding for you with like 3 seconds left in the auction. You don't even have to be online. I have won almost everything I've ever bid on

tojoco
11-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Sherry, I've never heard of this. Is this a purchased program or can I download it online? I don't do too much Ebay bidding.

cahinton
11-19-2006, 12:22 PM
The snipe program sounds pretty interesting. I'm curious where you get this too. I'm pretty good sneaking in at the last moment with a bid .... but it doesn't always work. I find prices get jacked up quickly when you have a lot of newbies on e-bay who constantly bid back and forth. After a while you get to know the game. I find it's best to either put a maximum bid that your're willing to pay or sneak in the last minute.

Carol

GrammaStamper
11-19-2006, 12:22 PM
My secret for ebay is to use an auction snipe program. You enter the max amount that you are willing to pay and the snipe program will do the bidding for you with like 3 seconds left in the auction. You don't even have to be online. I have won almost everything I've ever bid on

I'd like to know what this is also. :o

lost luggage
11-19-2006, 01:52 PM
You don't need software....I use www.esnipe.com. You h ave to pay a little for the service, but a little goes a long way. There are probably others if you google "bid snipe".

My advice would be NOT to buy the handbag on line. There are so many SO MANY counterfeit items...many many times people don't even know they havea counterfeit item. My job at my last company was to be the bearer of bad news regarding these items. We sent many people to jail...there are several lawsuits pending against the counterfeit rings as well.

Unless you know exactly what you are looking for, I wouldn't buy it online on an auction site.

iloveflipflops
11-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Just wondering Joanne if you got this Juicy purse. Emily LOVES that brand too but I can't afford it. ha ha (To tell you the truth, never even thought about checking on ebay for it)

tojoco
11-19-2006, 08:01 PM
I did win the handbag and I only paid 50 pounds as it's coming from England. My niece is going to love it. There's quite a few on ebay, Sherri if you want to try for one.

Sherry
11-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Congrats on your purchase, Joanne :)

I personally use auctionsniper.com (http://auctionsniper.com)

When I first signed up years ago, it was a free service. Now, there is a small fee to use the service. An auction win of less than $25 US is only $0.25. An auction win between $25.01 and $995.00 USD is 1% of the final price. That's pretty reasonable, in my opinion, if you REALLY want to win an item. I haven't lost an item yet :D