PDA

View Full Version : I guess am starting a line of cat and dog stamps?

GotCats?
08-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Woohoo!!!

Well, My mom is an artist, and she draws excellent images for me to make into stamps. I harassed her for a while to make me some Christmas drawings since one of my card customers is already looking for new cards for this season....Well, I put all the images together and sent them off to have stamps made (from "plates"). I had only planned to get myself one sheet for my own personal use and buy in quantity later when I start the stamp line...

BUT there was a minimum purchase of 5 sheets per plate! Well, I needed the images for my cards, so I ordered them. Right now only have the money for 2 plates--one with kitties and doggies in various Christmas settings, and the other with Christmas sayings and stuff......

So apparently i'll be starting up a bit earlier than I expected to since I had to go ahead and order more than I needed......Still a ways away from getting them online to set something up (probably on e*ay??), but WOW I had to share my excitement!!!!!

Cool!!!!!!!
Tricia :-)

Jailbirdstamper
08-29-2007, 06:23 PM
that is so cool! I can't wait to see them!!!

Erin K
08-29-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm SURE people will buy your sheets! I want to see them!

GrammaStamper
08-29-2007, 07:17 PM
I would love to see them, also. What would the price be per plate?

Erin K
08-29-2007, 07:39 PM
yea, where do we buy them, how much are they? hehe

directmailscrapper
08-29-2007, 07:59 PM
WOW! Cat lover here. Can't wait to see the stamps!

BTW -- I'd love more info about how you go about getting your own stamps made. I'm no artist, but my sister is. I've been encouraging her to design some stamps.

Good luck!

GotCats?
08-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Cool, thanks for the support!

I don't know that i am ready for a website yet, so I was thinking of building an e*ay store. Not sure. But right now all I have money for was unmounted sheets of stamps (which I can chop up and sell by the individual image). But maybe if I get the sheets sold i can re-invest in getting the other plates made and order more plus some mounteds (do folks still use mounted stamps?)

Directmailscrapper: I USED to get my stamps (like individual ones) made at cistamps.com. But I wasn't too thrilled with their service and quality. Now I am using Art Gone Wild. They own several companies like Inky ANtics. They also manufacture for lots more companies. You can get just an image or two made into stamps which is cheap, but if you want to make the same ones over and over get an entire shet made into a plate. The plate is a one time cost of $75, but the plates are YOURS and they can make endless sheets of rubber images from them.
I'll let you know how it goes!!

I'll post here when I get them in. I'll have to find a way to get my images scanned (no scanner!) and get them online somewhere so you all can see. But of course, they're dogs and cats!!!!!
:-)
Tricia

GotCats?
08-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh I forgot!! RIght now you can see two of the images that I am getting made (not at the moment, but they're in the next round) online through my customer's website. Her website is www.purrfectplay.com (http://www.purrfectplay.com). Click on the "cards" on the left and then click on the "new pet" card section. Both of the cards I made there were made with my mom's drawings, so you can get an idea of what style she has. She does really great work. I need to harass her more often!!
Tricia :-)

midnitecreations
08-29-2007, 09:48 PM
You're right. Your mother draws beautifully and the stamps will be a hit. I love the saying too.

GrammaStamper
08-29-2007, 09:56 PM
I clicked on the New Pet in the card section and it was blank! Wha' happened?

Dumb me, I didn't scroll down far enough!!!! They are really cute, Tricia.

Jovi
08-29-2007, 10:00 PM
I just love kitty and puppy images... I can't wait to see them ;)

keltie
08-29-2007, 10:01 PM
They are wonderful. Your Mom sure is talented, you are lucky.Heather