PDA

View Full Version : CT1-First Monthly Technique Challenge

Far North
09-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Wow! Terrific challenge cards are starting to be seen in the gallery!!! Take a look! (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=552) Pat and Donna recently added card to one already completed by Mary H, Barb and Jennifer.

If you haven't seen the description of this month's technique challenge it can be found by going to the top toolbar and selecting Creative Corner-the new page of information from the creative team.

After Oct 4 when the challenge is closed every challenge player who places their card into the Creative Team Gallery with the CT1 prefix in the title will be placed into a random drawing for the selection of the featured technique challenge Stamp Artist of the monthly award.

This first challenge was selected to encourage those who have never tried challenges to have a fun experience while offer a challege to experience stampers. We do hope you find it fun and challenging!

We would love to see you post here after you have placed a new card in the CT gallery so we will have a heads-up to run and take a look!

Any Questions????

loobylou
09-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks Jan for starting this thread for the Cling wrap technique.
I have a question.
Do I need to use glossy cardstock?
and if i do use glossy, what type of ink would you recommend?
I just cut my cling wrap and left it on the kitchen bench all balled up. when I came back dh had chucked it in the bin!!!
sarah

mahodgman
09-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks Jan for starting this thread for the Cling wrap technique.
I have a question.
Do I need to use glossy cardstock?
and if i do use glossy, what type of ink would you recommend?
I just cut my cling wrap and left it on the kitchen bench all balled up. when I came back dh had chucked it in the bin!!!
sarah

I didn't use glossy card stock, just regular and dye ink HTH.

Far North
09-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks Mary for helping Sarah!

Do know I have found this technique to also be successful on glossy paper. I used Brilliance Ink-my fav for for glossy paper.

loobylou
09-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Get ready to be shocked!
I made a CARD (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9427) that is soooo not the usual style you see from me, but I actually like it.
thanks Jan, for pushing me back into a place I used to know before I started colouring in. I really enjoyed it
sarah

Far North
09-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Wow Sarah, using this background technique with the grid was a great idea. Thanks for playing!

Some other great technique cards have been added to the gallery...take a look!

IMBlessed5
09-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Here's mine: (nothing impressive LOL)
http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9434 (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9434&limit=recent)

Far North
09-01-2007, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=IMBlessed5;112288]Here's mine: (nothing impressive LOL)
Oh Vicki you just are too funny-anyone who makes red/black/white anniversary cards is sure to stand out in a crowd! That's impressive!

Jailbirdstamper
09-01-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm off work and off to try this technique again - I can't believe I've never tried it!

keltie
09-01-2007, 06:11 PM
I have posted a card for CT1 challenge. the first try I thought I used a too heavy of a hand so I tried it with a softer touch, now It may be too light. Anyway, it was fun to try. Heather

hutchink
09-01-2007, 06:48 PM
I did the challenge twice it was so fun!

tesschap
09-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Great technique. I'll give this a whirl and post my card tomorrow :)

Jailbirdstamper
09-03-2007, 10:19 PM
I have posted a card for CT1 challenge. the first try I thought I used a too heavy of a hand so I tried it with a softer touch, now It may be too light. Anyway, it was fun to try. Heather

I love the effect you achieved - very icy blue - too pretty with the flourishes

(is that a TAC flourish stamp?) I really like it!

Jailbirdstamper
09-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Great technique. I'll give this a whirl and post my card tomorrow :)

can't wait to see it!

cindi
09-03-2007, 10:36 PM
how fun! I posted mine in the gallery tonight..Sept. 3
Fun stuff ladies!
:)

Far North
09-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Cindy you did a great job with the background...and lots of folks left you praise!
Thanks for letting me know you posted!...Jan

teabear
09-05-2007, 08:14 PM
I did some stamping today and just posted my little tag with the new technique. Who knew a little saran wrap could pack such a punch! Thanks for a fun challenge, Jan.

moosemama
09-06-2007, 11:58 AM
I posted my plastic wrap background card in the gallery, if you'd like to take a peak. Thanks for the neat idea Jan!

Spartymom
09-06-2007, 12:27 PM
I forgot to post when I entered my card in the gallery! Sorry. I posted one on Tuesday. It's for the football season, with my college colors. What a great technique. thanks.

directmailscrapper
09-06-2007, 01:12 PM
I've got several CT1 cards in the Gallery -- this Challenge is terrific! I'm going to experiment some more with multiple colors -- and maybe even some metallics. Can we keep posting them in the Gallery?

Canadian, eh
09-29-2007, 07:50 AM
Did our first monthly challenge--just under the wire. Thanks for the cool technique, Jan.

http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10221&limit=recent

Far North
09-29-2007, 10:00 AM
You did a wonderful job with the colors using the technique! Super card! Thanks so much for posting here too!...Jan