PDA

View Full Version : Someone was shooting at my dogs

teabear
09-04-2007, 09:06 PM
I am so sad. We came home yesterday evening and my big dog had torn up the area around the door in my craft room. She pulled the trim piece off the door facing and clawed the drywall. It's a horrible mess. I just couldn't imagine why she did such an awful thing, she's usually a pretty good dog. When I leave my dogs, I put them in my craft room with their beds and water and leave the slider open to the deck, so they can be inside or outside, but not on the carpet or furniture.

Well, my neighbor just came by and said someone was shooting an air rifle in our back yard yesterday for over 1/2 hour. She thought it might be us, so she didn't come over. Can you imagine how scared my poor babies were. I wish I knew who it was. It just breaks my heart.

Erin K
09-04-2007, 09:10 PM
that's horrible! Poor doggies

GrammaStamper
09-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Tami, that's just awful. I can't imagine how scary this is for you. Your poor doggies. What can you do in future if you want to go out? Can you find out who did this?

bazkets
09-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Some people are just idiots! I think you should file a complaint with your local law enforcement and let them follow up with your neighbors. Unfortunately, you may not be the only ones this has happened to....
Your doggies look so cute in your avatar!

teabear
09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Unfortunately I think I know who did it. I'm waiting for hubby to get home to tell him what happened. He is my local law enforcement :) I'll definitely not leave them out for a while. I took the little dog with me today and left the big girl inside.

cindi
09-04-2007, 09:31 PM
your poor furbabies must have been crazed with fear!!! Oh I feel awful for them and you. I hope you can find out who did this and never have it happen again... poor pooches are likely to have nightmares.
Keep us posted, Tami
:huh:

mahodgman
09-04-2007, 09:36 PM
What? That is just insane! She was trying to escape, poor thing! I'd like to shoot something at the awful people/person who did this to your babies!

tesschap
09-04-2007, 09:49 PM
How terrible. Those poor babies. I hope you do find out who the idiot is that would do this and they get in trouble. I couldn't imagine. Give them both a hug ... from Bentley :)

JBgreendawn
09-04-2007, 09:55 PM
that really sucks big time Tami,
hope you can catch these turkeys and put a stop to that.

logcabincreations
09-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Good grief! I live in the country so gun shots during hunting season is a pretty typical thing. But air rifle in your own yard while you are away? Hmmm...a good neighborly talking to is in order...I'd say. Your doggies knew something was terribly wrong to have torn up your room that way -- poor babies!

Swanie78
09-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Awww poor dogs!
Glad they are ok though!
Ill never understand how there are people out there that think its ok to hurt/torture/kill animals and humans. Sick!!

ellie
09-04-2007, 10:49 PM
That's awful...what is wrong with people! The poor babies must have been scared stiff.

Jovi
09-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh Tami that is terrible that someone would do something like this... I can only imagine how scared your fur babies were.

Hopefully you'll be able to find out who the person is.

flyingflower
09-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Someone using an air riffle in YOUR backyard?! Glad you found out why the freak out happened, but how RUDE! This is one case where my "love of fellow man" goes out the window & I hope the idiot gets "scared shitless" VERY, VERY soon! (do unto others..., what goes around comes around...)

loobylou
09-05-2007, 08:55 AM
G'day tami
How are you poor doggies today. I can't tell my ds what happened. He would cry for sure. Mabel is still his favourite.
Sarah

teabear
09-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Thanks everyone. The pups are doing ok. They are a bit more clingy than usual. Mabel has been attached to me like glue. I don't think they got hit at all, just really close by.

flyingflower
09-05-2007, 09:07 AM
has dh done his Law Enforcement actions?

teabear
09-05-2007, 09:25 AM
LOL...so tough to prove anything, since nobody saw what happened, just heard it. We are keeping our ears open to hear the gun again, so we can see who it belongs to.

toao
09-05-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm sorry this happened. Especially since you were keeping your dogs where they belonged. I hope they are okay from all of the trauma. Let us know what happens.

mary

hbpuppy
09-05-2007, 11:41 AM
OMG that is so scary. I would have torn apart your craft room too.

logcabincreations
09-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Did these air rifles leave any evidence in your yard?

Christie
09-05-2007, 03:18 PM
That's horrible. It makes me so mad when someone hurts animals and children. The poor doggies don't understand and were probably scared stiff. I'm sorry they had to go through that. I'm sure you'll give them extra love! To bad you can't set up a hidden camera and catch those creeps!

hutchink
09-05-2007, 05:46 PM
That is just horrible! What are they thinking- what jerks! I hope your babies are ok and that you get your trim fixed up!

GotCats?
09-05-2007, 07:01 PM
YIKES! Don't EVER mess with the furbabies! Call the cops. FIle a report! If there is history there and eventually this happens again and they CATCH the morons, they can ask them about the past events too.
Schmucks.
Tricia

maxiesmom
09-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm kinda late here, but i hope they are ok today. What a rotten thing to do! Our next door neighbor when I was about 9, their teenage sons used to shoot a BB gun at our Peke. He wasn't a tempermental sort- till then!
hugs and biscuits for your babies

Jailbirdstamper
09-09-2007, 12:55 PM
oh my - that's scary!!!! Poor pups!