PDA

View Full Version : Poll: how many brayers?

Far North
09-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Tell me about your use of brayers....How many and what kind of brayers do you have? How often do you use them?

I have a large one and a soft medium size and 2 one inchers. The later are great for making stripes. I love using my brayers for smoothing on the ink from multi-colored pads and on the large background stamps. I use them a couple times a month but definately go in spirts.

TFS!...Jan

cecescraps
09-06-2007, 10:50 AM
You know, I always look at them and think " do I really need one of these?" So far, the answer has been "no" but, you have brought up some really great sounding ideas for ways to use them. Me think I might need to look at getting one!

TFS,

Cathi

hutchink
09-06-2007, 11:11 AM
I have a standard one I think! It was the only one at J's! I use mine a lot to roll over everything to make sure it is stuck down!

Christie
09-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Well I just got one yesterday from my secret sister. I haven't gotten to use it yet. I can't wait though!! I had been wanting one forever.

loobylou
09-06-2007, 11:27 AM
I have had a plain one for years. I use it to roll multi coloured inkpads onto gloss card. Hadn't thought of using it to stick stuff down Kim, thanks for that hint

emmcee
09-06-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't have one, but I have some large stamps that it would be so useful for, but when I'm shopping there are so many other things that hop in the buggy that by the time I think about a brayer I'm out of money :mad::wacko:

directmailscrapper
09-06-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't have one. At least I don't think I do. I have so much cr*p -- who knows if there is a brayer in there? I've never had a reason to use one -- at least not a reason I knew about! Hmmm. I like Kim's idea!

inkinupstamps
09-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Not even one. I've never had a brayer. I always think about the fact that I should have one and should get one...but...just one of those things I've never picked up.:nah:

Jovi
09-06-2007, 12:04 PM
I have a plain rubber brayer, had it for years and only used it a few times. When I did use, I made multicolored background using spectrum pads. For some reason I just don't like using it. :nah:

I heard of some ladies using it to make reverse images onto cardstock...

moosemama
09-06-2007, 12:28 PM
I have a medium or large rubber one. I use it for inking my large BG stamps and also for adding ink onto CS on the diagonal in different colors. It sort of gives a sunburst effect. I like Kim's idea of using it to make sure items are laying flat on the card.

tesschap
09-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I have the 'standard' one - hard black rubber thingie. I rarely use it as I haven't been able to find it in my studio mess! Actually it is good for my SU background stamps. I also have a couple of small sponge type brayers. I have never used them but did buy them for a specific project. Now I can't remember what the project was :)

ctinyjoy
09-06-2007, 12:50 PM
I just have the standard one also that I bought at M's. It is hard rubber I believe. I have tried to use it a few times with a multi-color ink pad on glossy paper, but never like the results. It pretty much stays in the drawer with my SU wheels for company.;)

prdesigns
09-06-2007, 12:51 PM
I have about a 3" wide hard rubber (red) one from Hobby Lobby. I bought it after going to a stamp class when inspired. I could not get the same affect at home that I had gotten in class... one cool thing we learned is using blue painters tape (easy to peal off than regular scotch or masking tape) and sectioning patterns for the different ink colors rolled on. Then after all was dry (pull tape off and you have crisp white lines) .... using bleach to stamp out color for the image..... looked real neat with a teal/blue (maybe cool caribean color) and then using the bleach to stamp leaves. I bet it would look cool using oranges and browns (fall colors) and bleaching out pumpkins, acorns and fall leaves!!

flyingflower
09-06-2007, 02:39 PM
I have 2 that are exactly the same - except one is only used for black ink for joseph's coat technique and the other is used when I do kaleidacolors

teabear
09-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I have a rubber brayer that I use quite a bit. I use it for the crayon resist technique and I use it to make backgrounds especially with multi-colored ink pads. Hubby has 2 brayers that he uses to apply ink for his print making fun.

webzmacs
09-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Gosh - I don't have a brayer! I'm not really sure how to use it. I think if I watched someone use one I would have to go buy one! ;-)

scrappinnuts
09-06-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't have one... i also look at them all of the time and want to use one...but not sure how...I didn't even know they came in different sizes....ok I will crawl out from under my rock now!

Erin K
09-06-2007, 06:49 PM
I have one. I used to have two but sold one of them.

I like the size and all of mine but it squeeks as it rolls. I don't mind, its quirky

JBgreendawn
09-06-2007, 07:03 PM
I have exactly ONE
and i have NEVER used it...

:)

mahodgman
09-06-2007, 07:56 PM
I have one and I just used it for the first time in a long time the other day to do the Bouncing Brayer Technique. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/bouncingbrayer.php

and I made this card http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9499&ppuser=15

patg
09-06-2007, 10:46 PM
I only have the rubber one. don't use is as often as I would like to! Pat