PDA

View Full Version : I Need Your Creativity Please

mahodgman
09-06-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm thinking up craft fair ideas, and I need some help, please! I've got a bunch of those shower puff things that you wash yourself wotj using shower gel. You know what I'm talking about, right? Somewhere awhile back I got a super deal on big container of them. I think there are like 20 in there. I almost gave them to charity when I was cleaning out this summer, but at the last mintue decided to keep them. I want to do something cute with them to sell as stocking stuffers or somehing at my craft fairs. The only idea I have so far is to put one in a plastic bag with a cute topper. I've got a bathtub stamp and lots of girlie-type stamps. Do you have any cute ideas to share? Do you think people will buy one just because it is packaged cute? I'm just not sure about this whole project.

cindi
09-06-2007, 08:39 PM
or buy some of those bath fizz things & put a couple in a bag, add sponge thing & put a cute topper on it..same goes for bath beads, bath salts, ect.
I'd love to see whatever you decide to do
:)

loobylou
09-06-2007, 08:57 PM
You could make some bath salts really easily with rock salt, food colouring and lavendar oil (or rose, or boronia etc). Put a heap in a container and shake it all up to mix the colour and perfume thru. then add a little baggie of it in with your shower puffs and a cute topper. Everyone loves a pamper pack

cindi
09-06-2007, 09:01 PM
You could make some bath salts really easily with rock salt, food colouring and lavendar oil (or rose, or boronia etc). Put a heap in a container and shake it all up to mix the colour and perfume thru. then add a little baggie of it in with your shower puffs and a cute topper. Everyone loves a pamper pack

I mahe bath salts every year! I use empsom salt & sea salt mixed then add dried lavendar from my garden, a liitle essential oil & a drop of purple food color. it smells so good & maks the water nice & silky..I didn't even think of that, lol

mahodgman
09-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I've never made bath salts, but it sounds really easy. I'm going to have to do some research! Thanks.

allinkdup
09-06-2007, 09:18 PM
what about getting one of the small paint tins & decorating it into a spa kit :)

mahodgman
09-06-2007, 10:12 PM
So I've googled bath salts and found lots of recipes...yay! Where do I buy Glycerin and essential oils?

IMBlessed5
09-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I bought glycerin at walmart - real close to the bandaids. Pretty cheap. I use a drop of it in my stamp cleaner that I make.

cindi
09-06-2007, 10:54 PM
So I've googled bath salts and found lots of recipes...yay! Where do I buy Glycerin and essential oils?

and I get my essentail oils at a health food store, sometimes gift sgops & farmer markets have them too.