PDA

View Full Version : I'm off to NYC!!! need advise!

Lisa
09-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Hello all! Well we are off to NYC on Friday to take our 16yrDS and his friend to see a concert. My goal is to buy a knock off purse! Has anyone bought from a street vendor, do they only take cash?? We will also be on Long Island for a day...anything cool there to shop for??? Also what would you suggest for a designer Knock off??? Thanks! Lisa K

mahodgman
09-12-2007, 08:42 AM
I've been to NYC a few times, and I was really surprised by all the stores that only take cash or check. Out here on the west coast, everyone takes plastic! You will definintely need cash for a street vendor. Sorry I can't help with the purse purchase because I don't know a thing about designer purses. There is a cool stamp store in Greenwich Village called The Ink Pad that you should check out if you have time. It is small but full of cool stuff! http://www.theinkpadnyc.com/welcome.htm

tesschap
09-12-2007, 08:43 AM
My son buys from street vendors from time to time when he's in NYC. Yes - they only take cash. My advice is to have a supply of small bills - $5's, $10's, and $20's - you can usually negotiate with them.

What concert are you seeing?

Have fun :)