PDA

View Full Version : Can you spare a few more prayers?

scraphappy908
09-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I wasn't going to post as I know so many are going through some very difficult times. But after seeing Jennifer's card, it reminded me of what I love most about the Stamp Shack.

I just got out of the hospital this morning myself after being rushed into ER. I woke up Sunday morning in excruciating abdominal pain. I thought that perhaps it was caused by the stress of my sil's funeral over the weekend. But it wasn't getting any better by Sunday night. My hubby took me into urgent care where they checked for UTI and kidney stones...both negative. Then they did a few xrays. The nurse practitioner came out an told me that I was constipated! I knew she was the one who was full of crap, (pardon the pun) because I was okay in that department.

On Monday morning I woke up and started bleeding (you know where). I haven't had any monthly visits like that in almost three years. Besides I had an endometrial abalation three summers ago that took care of that. I got really scarred and the pain seemed to be localized to the lower right side of the abdomen. Couldn't be appendix since those were removed when I was a teenager.

My neighbor took me into ER at the hospital that my GYN works out of. To make a long story short, they ran a battery of blood work, ultra-sound, and cat scan. Apparently I have developed fibroids in the uterus and ovaries and the er dr thinks the source of the bleeding is from a ruptured fibroid. They kept me overnight for observation.

Now I'm scheduled to go in out-patient to have a biopsy tomorrow afternoon. Worse case senario is that I may have to have a hysterectomy. (Why do they call it a HIS terectomy when it's for women?) I'm trying to think positive since I've always been a good girl about the annual exams and mammys. But that "C" word still creeps up now and again.

I've been thinking about MaryJayne and Lesa, Sherri, Robin and all the others here on the Shack. I know all of you are so supportive and I feel like I just needed to let you know. So if you have a few more prayers left, I would appreciate if you could send some my way.

Sorry for the long post and for rambling on. I'm one of those people who like to talk thing through even if it's to myself. Thanks,
:worried:

Amy

Spartymom
09-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Amy, I"m glad you are thinking positive, you will be in good hands tomorrow. Prayers to you and your family. If I lived a little closer, I'd bring you a dinner.

iloveflipflops
09-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Oh but of course, I have plenty of prayers left for you. You poor thing!!! Will be thinking about you tomorrow and keep us posted...

tesschap
09-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Oh dear Amy. I am sending warm positive thoughts and prayers your way. Do keep us updated and do just as the doctors tell you - take care of yourself.

Sending you a big HUG.

teabear
09-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Oh, Amy, I'm sending you a huge hug across the miles. I hope tomorrow goes well and they can take care of whatever the problem is. So sorry you have to go through this...please keep us up to date.

Vintagegal
09-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Amy, Of course we can spare a hundred times more prayers for our Shack friends. I'm sending up prayers right now, and hugs to you. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

mahodgman
09-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Of course you need some support too, I'm glad you shared with us. My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery and peace of mind!

mjbonoan
09-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Oh dear... I know what you are going through. My fibroids don't hurt, but I'm severly anemic due to the excessive bleeding. At 44, I still refuse to have a hysterectomy since I don't have children I'm still having problems absorbing the fact that I'm infertile. While I was bleeding badly a couple of weeks ago, I did research on the subject and sendt an email explaining my problem to a Dr. in Philadelpia, I had almost forgotten about it, but on Sunday he, personally, called me and told me that there is absolutely no need for a hysterectomy, and that a myomectomy was an alternative. His name is Dr. Michael Toaff (http://althysterectomy.org/doctor.htm) you may want to visit his site, perhaps there is something there for you! If nothing else, I found comfort in talking to someone who said "no hysterectomy"... I will be looking for a doctor in my area to see if I can have a myomectomy and get this over with! Don't know how much longer I can take it with the loss of blood!

Good luck to you, and God Bless you, I'll pray that you get better soon!

Mary Jayne

Paula Carden
09-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Amy
My thoughts are with you too, I sure hope only the best for you!
Stay positive!

buggainok
09-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Positive thoughts and wishes coming your way.

GrammaStamper
09-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Amy, of course there are plenty of prayers left for you. And hugs, too. Here's one now.

Deborah
09-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Lifting you up from Nova Scotia too Amy...please do keep us posted. :flowers:

Deborah.

toao
09-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Amy of course we are always up for more prayers. You poor dear. I pray that God will touch you and heal you quickly. (Hugs) from Florida headed your way.

Mary

mdcash
09-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Amy,

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I had a hysterectomy in October for the very same reason. Everything else has turned out perfectly. No problems. Go in with a positive outlook.

JBgreendawn
09-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Amy,
but of course there are always more prayers,
{{{ HUGS }}}

ellie
09-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Please don't ever feel like we have too much going on to support you! No matter what, we are here for you. I am praying for you right now....let us know how you are feeling when you can.

shuggy
09-12-2007, 11:37 PM
i hope it all goes well, amy.

dreis1
09-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Prayers and hugs going your way. Please keep us up-dated when you know more. Glinda

logcabincreations
09-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Hi Amy....sending you lots of prayers and hugs and good thoughts.

cindi
09-12-2007, 11:43 PM
of prayers to send you some!!!
I will be praying for you tomorrow..in truth, right now. I hope everything works out, to be ok. big hugs to you, to help you feel comforted
Cindi

loobylou
09-13-2007, 04:28 AM
Sending you hugs from far away. I have plenty of prayers, and they can all be answered too. I hope everything goes well
sarah