PDA

View Full Version : hey Tesschap

cindi
09-13-2007, 09:24 PM
are you still boating? havr you put her up yet? was your Labor day weekend trip fun?
Just wondering about ya
:)

tesschap
09-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Hello! We just filled out the paperwork for our marina to pull our boat the week of October 8th. Labor Day weekend was great. I was trying to post some pictures but it's not working! Well - two pictures posted! The first one is DH on a friends dinghy and the second one is our friend Bob from Rhode Island. He looks so much like Santa and his wife, Dee, looks like a typical Mrs. Claus. Every Labor Day they dress the part and ride around the bay in a dinghy handing out toys and candy to all of the kids. (They actually own a toy business in RI)! I'll try to post more again tomorrow. We were out on the lake last Friday after work but we had DH's golf outing on Saturday and his company boat cruise on Sunday. The weather isn't good for this weekend so we probably won't get out until next weekend. The Adirondack Balloon Festival has one night of events on the lake in a couple of weeks. We're hoping to be on the water for that event. Boo hoo - summer is just about over :)

cindi
09-13-2007, 10:27 PM
great pics! who's the summer Santa????
lol
whtas the name of your boat??? I couldn't quite make it out!

tesschap
09-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Actually - that's not our boat. I wanted to show you a picture of Santa! That boat is 'Defense Rests'. As you might guess an attorney owns it and bought it when he won a big case. The lower right corner of the back of his boat says 'In memory of ...' and the person's name he was defending. The boat owner organizes a family day in Log Bay every Labor Day weekend. There was a band and many people decorate their boats for Christmas and form a parade along the shore after dark - just before the fireworks display. It's really neat.

We haven't named our boat yet - we're torn between 'Never Satisfied' as we want a bigger boat or 'IV Play' as we doing nothing but play when we're on the water every weekend! Any suggestions? Does your boat have a name?

cindi
09-13-2007, 10:42 PM
"next summer" which was a great name,,cause we kept saying stuff like next summer, we'll get the upolstery fixed, ect!
lol
the boat we have now came with the name King's princess..we HAte that name! and when we put out kicker moter(15 horse) on the swim platform all you could see was Kings pince..lol!! Df had a cow!!
so we removed it & are needing to name her
I like " Mi Casa" because she is our home away from home.
my friends want C-weed as in C for me & weed because so much of it is in the bay.
got any suggestions??