PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for 10 year old Zach Conner

logcabincreations
09-14-2007, 09:25 AM
His mother, an acquaintance of mine who worked with my sister, was murdered this morning by an ex-boyfriend who shot her then shot himself. Zach was there, locked himself in the bathroom and called the police. Zach's parents recently went through a horrible divorce, and he is in counseling. How much more can this young man take?

"Virginia State Police are confirming a shooting incident in Bedford County. They say they did assist the Bedford County Sheriff's Office on a call. It happened at 2380 Screechum Hollow Road. State Police would not release any more details. Investigators are still on the scene. A press conference will be held at 10:00am EST. We'll have details on ABC 13 News Midday."

GrammaStamper
09-14-2007, 09:27 AM
How terrible for this young boy. I hope he will get the counselling and support he's going to need from suffering such a traumatic incident. I'll pray for him.

scrappinnuts
09-14-2007, 09:31 AM
What an awful thing to happen.. I will him in my prayers.

Christie
09-14-2007, 09:33 AM
That is horrible news. I'm so sorry that he has to go through so much at young age. I hope that he has plenty of loving people in his life to help him get through all of this.

directmailscrapper
09-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Oh my goodness. It's hard to imagine what some children have to go through in their young lives. I hope he has a family support system to help him deal with the losses and trauma in his young life.

logcabincreations
09-14-2007, 09:40 AM
I just spoke to my sister Beth who worked with Sherri. A few days ago Beth went into Sherri's office and saw several dozens of roses. Beth asked her where they came from. Sherri told her they were from a guy she had been dating and she was trying to break up with him and he would not leave her alone. Beth also told me that Zach's father is addicted to cocaine. So Zach will need somewhere stable to go.

tesschap
09-14-2007, 09:47 AM
How terrible. God bless this little boy. I hope he has a support network strong enough to see him through this tragedy. I will keep Zach in my prayers.

Nancy
09-14-2007, 09:54 AM
How very very sad. - Nancy

logcabincreations
09-14-2007, 03:11 PM
I just read the online newspost that the boyfriend was airlifted to a hospital and is in critical condition. I had heard earlier that he died....guess not.....not yet anyway.

Here's the newslink: http://www.wset.com/news/stories/0907/455464.html

shuggy
09-14-2007, 03:18 PM
that is horrible. i hope he comes out of this ok.

mydogstinks2
09-14-2007, 04:13 PM
so sorry to hear this happened.

GSMom385
09-15-2007, 02:30 PM
My heart just breaks when there is a child involved. My sister works with the Amanda the Panda organization as a camp counselor and she has some horrific stories about things that have happened to kids. Hopefully his family will find a support system like Amanda the Panda to help him with this. So sad.

logcabincreations
09-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Heard on news last night that the boyfriend did die. Since Zach's mom was a social worker, I'm sure that her agency will make sure Zach is found a safe place to live if he isn't able to live with his real dad. My heart is so sad for him. When he was a toddler, he was in the burn unit of a hospital for severe burns to his face and head because of a freak accident. He has been thru a lot in his young age.