PDA

View Full Version : Craft Fair Idea - Opinions Needed

mahodgman
09-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Here is an idea I came up with for this year's craft fairs because I had a bunch of those shower puff things sitting around in my craft room. Don't ask! I don't even use them myself, but I used to. Anyway, I found an awsome deal on the little shower gels, so the idea emerged. What do you think of this? I've calculated that I can make these things for a whole $1.17 each. I didn't calculate paper into my formula because I have enough scraps. The puffs and shower gels are in all different colors, so I think I'll have fun with that. Do you think asking $4 is a fair price?

inkinupstamps
09-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Mary, these are super! I love them and I'm sure you'll sell each and every one of them.

By the way, I meant to thank you again for your matchbook favor idea and instructions. I made 100 of them for my mother's big celebration/party in August and people just went nuts over them. In my mind I kept saying, "Thank you, Mary! Thank you!" :)

mahodgman
09-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Mary, these are super! I love them and I'm sure you'll sell each and every one of them.

By the way, I meant to thank you again for your matchbook favor idea and instructions. I made 100 of them for my mother's big celebration/party in August and people just went nuts over them. In my mind I kept saying, "Thank you, Mary! Thank you!" :)

You're quite welcome! You know what? At this point, I don't even know if that was an original idea or not. Probably not because I don't usually have my very own ideas for these kinds of things. I probably saw it posted on the web somewhere.

This packaging idea is also not new or original, but the contents and image choice sure are!

inkinupstamps
09-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Mary, I'm curious about the clear bags they are in. That's the perfect container for them. Where does one find bags like this? Can you get them in Micheals? Only asking because I've never actually looked for clear bags. I DO think this is a neat craft fair idea (PERFECT stocking stuffer!) and your packaging is simple but very pretty.

logcabincreations
09-15-2007, 12:12 PM
I think these are just super! $4 is fair and they will be a hit I bet.

tesschap
09-15-2007, 12:16 PM
They are awesome! I think $4.00 is fair - actually before I read your post I asked myself what they would sell for at a craft fair in my area and $4.00 came to mind.

Great job. I'd love to see them in the other colors you have too. Great job. Good luck!

My3Ds
09-15-2007, 12:23 PM
How cute. I'm sure you'll sell them all.

mahodgman
09-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Mary, I'm curious about the clear bags they are in. That's the perfect container for them. Where does one find bags like this? Can you get them in Micheals? Only asking because I've never actually looked for clear bags. I DO think this is a neat craft fair idea (PERFECT stocking stuffer!) and your packaging is simple but very pretty.

This cellophane bag came from Stampin Up. My demo sent my club projects (cut paper and ribbon) in it recently, and it was the perfect size. I am sure Paper Zone carries them too, but to save myself a trip I just added them to my SU order that was due today. If I remember correctly, the price is $4.95 USD for 50 of them. The next time I'm at Paper Zone, I will check thier prices too. Oh, and I think Paper Zone buys thier clear bags in bulk from clearbags.com. I've seen the web address on a box or something there before.

patcreates
09-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Cute idea! I think $4 is extremely reasonable, but you could probably charge as much as $6!

Nadine
09-15-2007, 12:45 PM
These are great! I think $4 is very reasonable.

buggainok
09-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Those are adorable. I think I would price them at $5. Sometimes pricing a little higher makes people think they are getting something "better". And most people don't mind spending $5 bucks.

tojoco
09-15-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm with Annette. I think you should charge $5. This is an awesome craft fair idea.

mydogstinks2
09-15-2007, 02:25 PM
great idea! They are very cute and the stamp is perfect with it.

dreis1
09-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Wal-Mart also sells clear bags in the Party Supply section. You get 20 bags for around $1.50. I think $4.00 is a very fair price. Glinda

prdesigns
09-15-2007, 03:40 PM
I think they are terrific!!

I thought too, maybe with your extra scrap paper, add another cuttlebug tag or small card 3"x3" (?)with the girl in the tub (with a to/from stamped)on it or "your fabulous"!!! And then it would be the complete gift and card set... for $5.00...you won't have to make change.... and then put a note in front of your stash at the sale... "Make great stocking stuffers!" "Hostess Gifts" "Teacher Gifts"

cindi
09-15-2007, 04:33 PM
I like Peggy's idea of a tag or gift card & charge 5.00
thses are very nice
:)

JBgreendawn
09-15-2007, 04:53 PM
that is very cute, and at 4.00 you should sell each and every one of them. :)

teabear
09-15-2007, 07:39 PM
This is such a wonderful gift and all ready to go. They will fly off your table at $4.