PDA

View Full Version : Christmas is ONLY 101 days away ... what holiday gifts are you making?

iloveflipflops
09-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Ok, I am making the following:

Coaster calendars - these are so easy and they go pretty quick. I making 5 of these.

3x3 mini cards - I need to find that little template I posted awhile back as I have it on my desk but I made a small tote for these mini cards to fit in. So I think I will make 3 of these. People always comment on cute and tiny they are so instead of making full-size cards this year to give as gifts, I am making them smaller :).

I think that is it ... now your turn :)

suzi_f
09-15-2007, 04:02 PM
There are very few people that would appreciate a hand made gift from me. My family would think I was "cheap". I might make a few cards to give to one of my co-workers who loves the cards but refuses to join the rest of us in our obsession w/stamping.

Spartymom
09-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Sherri, when you find that little tote for your 3x3's wanna share it? I have no ideas yet as to what to make for teachers or family. 101 days til christmas, it will be here before you know it.

suzi_f
09-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Dh bought our first Christmas present. He won a Wii off eBay and then he forgot he bid on the one & bid & won on another. Now I have 2???? He says we'll be able to sell it easy. I hope he's right.

(Sorry Sherri, I didn't mean to hi-jack your thread. I'm overjoyed that 1/2 of ds's C'mas shopping is over. Now, I "only" have to buy the accessories. Oh yeah, and a game or 2. This is going to be one expensive C'mas!!)

Nadine
09-15-2007, 04:43 PM
I'll be making three lunch tin recipe boxes for my aunts and one for my brother who said I never make him anything. I didn't think he'd appreciate it but I guess I was wrong. For coworkers I'm making something edible and I'll stamp a nice label or container for it. I'm making a key rack and a clock for my parents because my mom was admiring mine while they were visiting. That should pretty much cover it for the handmade stuff!

GrammaStamper
09-15-2007, 06:18 PM
I think I'm making coaster calendars - 4 of them, tins for recipes, along with some slow-cooker recipes and maybe a candle or two, as well. They look easy. The instructions are here. (http://blog.ginakdesigns.com/) :GEEK:

Nadine
09-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Barb, just a little hint if you're going to do the candles. If you cut a piece of wax paper to hold over the tissue paper (wax side towards the tissue paper) you don't have to worry about the edges and your hold candle will have a wax coating over it. Plus if you cut it a little longer it makes it easier to hold onto the candle. Those heat guns get pretty hot! These are really easy to make and look great when they're done.

buggainok
09-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Barb, thanks so much for the link to the stamped candles. I had not seen it, and they are so beautiful and look so easy to do.

I have quite a few people on my list who would like these.

directmailscrapper
09-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Sherri -- are you nuts? I wanna know how many days until Halloween. Or Thanksgiving. Or my mother's birthday at the end of the month! I guess I better get thinking about Christmas.

BTW -- Suzi F -- I doubt you'll have any trouble selling the Wii. We were going to buy one for my DD for her birthday this summer and couldn't find one. We decided to get it for Christmas instead. I was gnashing my teeth -- I didn't want to spend the next 6 months stalking one in the store -- and my DH happened to be in Best Buy when they got a shipment (of SIX of them). So we have one waiting for Christmas -- thank goodness!!

iloveflipflops
09-15-2007, 08:07 PM
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26941&d=1149

Let me know if you can't open this.

mydogstinks2
09-15-2007, 08:13 PM
there is so much to do before Christmas!

I know I'm making coaster calenders and some of the magnet ones like Traci gave us at MOA. Other than that I have no idea what else!!

TiikkiStars
09-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Okay, so these are items I have to alter for presents, but we'll see how many I actually get to this year (I feel like I'm running three steps behind lately):

-2 trays
-4 frames
-2 pencil holders
-10 tear sheet calendars

Then there's cards, gift tags, and wrapping paper. Although, I think I am buying the wrapping paper this year through DS's school fundraiser. He made all of our wrapping paper last year by opening up Trader Joe's paper bags and either stamping with foam stamps and acrylic paint, stamping with rubber stamps and various inks, or with foam Christmas stickers. So, this year, I'll probably sit down with him and make the gift tags together. Oh yea, and he's going to make our placecards for the Christmas dinner table with my Cricut (with supervision of course....he tends to get button happy!).

:> Karen

Christie
09-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Are you trying to scare us into getting ready for christmas?!!!! LOL! I'm just trying to get ready for a craft fair so I don't have time to make Christmas gifts. Although, I guess what doesn't sell would work for my gifts!!!! That would save me time, but I'd rather it sell!!!

MnMommy2
09-16-2007, 10:44 PM
I plan on making some calendars and some variety pack cards for relatives. I need to get busy on that and not wait until the week before Christmas like I usually do.

ellie
09-16-2007, 10:54 PM
I am hoping to make cards, and a couple of those coaster books. I better get cracking...I just got back from the beach and haven't even unpacked from MOA yet! Tomorrow will be a long day!

mom_on_line
09-16-2007, 10:55 PM
How many days??????????????????

I think I'll do another tag book for my brother who's overseas. He was supposed to come home at Christmas, but just told us maybe not, after all. *sigh* We were going to suprise our mom, since he hasn't been home for a few years already. I made one for him last Christmas from our dinner and he loved it.

I have no idea what to make/give for anyone else, right now.

Canadian, eh
09-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Interesting thread. I'm curious, what are coaster calendars?

logcabincreations
09-17-2007, 03:32 PM
I will do my taxes....I will do my taxes....I will do my taxes......BEFORE I start or even THINK ABOUT ANY holiday projects....lol I'll let you know later what I decide AFTER taxes are done.

logcabincreations
09-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Oh Beth, Sherri has some in the gallery. She can give you the instructions and a link to print off the calendars.

Patty
09-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Thank you, Sherri ---I copied it--so hopefully b4 Xmas I can get at it.