PDA

View Full Version : HELP! What should I do?

Robinkay
09-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Today Mama kitty brought her kittens outside next to my deck. Out in the exposure. Do you think I should bring them inside or take them back into the barn where there were this morning? I never have kittens that have(goopy eyes) and these kittens do. I just don't know what to do?
Here is a pic of all 5 of them.

GotCats?
09-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Oh yes!! You should take them inside. They also need vet attention. That eye goop stuff is an infection--and could be part of an upper respitory infection that needs to be addressed!! Now is a good time to handle them while they're young and they can get used to people. Problem is--you'll have to take mama kitty along cause she may have it too! Plus she'll go crazy if you take her babies......
Good Luck!!
Tricia

cindi
09-18-2007, 09:08 PM
those poor sweet kittens!
I hope everything turns out ok.
Please keep us posted
:)

ellie
09-18-2007, 10:06 PM
I guess I would try to bring them in. I don't know much about the eye thing. Maybe you could get away with just calling the vet.

mydogstinks2
09-19-2007, 06:45 AM
take them in! you know your gonna anyhow. lol The eye goop is nothing just a warm wash cloth will clean it up.

mydogstinks2
09-19-2007, 06:47 AM
oh ya now is a good time to make that free kittens sign too! lol

Christie
09-19-2007, 07:20 AM
If you take them to the barn she will just move them again. I say take them inside if you can take momma kitty in too, they still need her to eat!

Robinkay
09-19-2007, 09:25 AM
The only problem about bringing them inside is that mama is VERY VERY protective and she will attack Hazel. She has before and poor hazel didnt know what to do...so now when she sees a kitty she turns her head and waits for the attack. Poor little girl.I could either keep her in the bathroom or my craft room?

ccstampin12
09-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Bring them in!!!
We had our neighbor's Mama bring all 6 of her kittens to us. We brought them in, kept them in an old laundry basket with towels in the bottom. We let Mama in and out to feed them, as if she was ours. (neighbors left her alone, so she brought them to us.) We ended up keeping 2 of them....they just turned 14 this month.
Now, about Hazel....if you can put the kittens in a closed room and just let Mama in and out, that would probably be more fair for Hazel!
GOOD LUCK...I'm such a sucker for kittens and cats.
Joanie

Robinkay
09-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Joanie- I think I am gonna try keeping them in the craft room and let mama in & out. I think I will be able to let her stay in at night though. Lately it has been nice out but at night the temp drops. And we could have frost. And there is nothing worse than frosty kittens! ;+)

ccstampin12
09-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Awwww! Their little pink, cold noses!
Makes me want to cry! Glad you decided to bring them in...Mama will probably want to 'get away from it all' from time to time. Good luck!
Joanie

Robinkay
09-20-2007, 09:21 AM
update: the kittens & mama are inside under my craft table. Their eyes are still yucky but I have been cleaning them with warm tea and cotton balls. I'll keep you updated on a photo as soon as they get a little better looking. :+)

ellie
09-20-2007, 12:23 PM
I am so glad you brought them in. How is the mama taking this? I wish I lived close enough, I would love to take one of the kitties.