PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding # of members?

GrammaStamper
11-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Sherry, when I look at the number of members on the home page, earlier today it said there were 324. Now, tonight, it's back to 310. This is not the first time I've noticed the number is lower than previously and wonder why this is happening? Is it a glitch, or are there some 'fakers' trying to join? Just curious.

Sherry
11-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Hi Barb,

The reason the numbers get lower from time to time is that I prune the registrant list. If a user has not logged on in 31 days, then they are removed from the website. The number of users that you see on our website is the number of ACTIVE users meaning that they log in on and participate on a regular basis.

Most websites will not prune their user list as they want to give the appearance that their website has more users than they actually have. If your website appears to have thousands of users then it must be THE place to hang out, right? This will make users want to register.

I'm a different sort of bird :D, however. I prefer to show our true colors. In my opinion, a website doesn't need to boast thousands of users in order to be a fun place to hang out!

Hope this answers your question :)
Sherry

GrammaStamper
11-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Thanks, Sherry, it does answer my question. And I'm honoured to be associated with a website with honesty and integrity. It's very refreshing and you are to be applauded.

Cudos to you!