PDA

View Full Version : I want to go on this cruise!

GrammaStamper
09-24-2007, 06:17 AM
Anybody interested in this fabulous opportunity?

http://www.cruiseandcrop.com/SB_Craft_2008.htm

At this point, I'm not sure because I have a DS getting married on Oct 8/2008, but if there is any way I can swing it, I'm going on this cruise. I should know in a week or two.

iloveflipflops
09-24-2007, 06:37 AM
This must be the big surprise Bella was going to announce today ...

GrammaStamper
09-24-2007, 06:48 AM
Yep, it is. Also announced on Gina K., Nichole Heady and a banner on SCS. I think this cruise will fill up fast! You want to be my roomie again?

Nadine
09-24-2007, 06:53 AM
That looks like it would be a huge amount of fun!

Swanie78
09-24-2007, 07:04 AM
I do too!
But I think I'll be starting the nursing program by then :( Ill already be in school, and I wont have any extra money.

ccstampin12
09-24-2007, 07:15 AM
MOA MONEY DRAIN.......sigh. Still waiting for the credit card bill from that "attack!"
DOUBT I'll be able to go to this one!
It does look great, though!
Hope it works out for you to go, Barb.
Joanie

tesschap
09-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Sounds wonderful. I will discuss with DH as he messed up my MOA plans! I'd like to go - I need to work on him just a little - my birthday is 10/27 and our anniversary is 10/28 - and he's always at hunting camp so it may work! Hmmmm!

iloveflipflops
09-24-2007, 08:32 AM
No can do Barb. I don't do cruises too well. You would NOT want to be on my roomie on a cruise. Does the word seasick mean anything to ya? LOL

GrammaStamper
09-24-2007, 08:34 AM
No can do Barb. I don't do cruises too well. You would NOT want to be on my roomie on a cruise. Does the word seasick mean anything to ya? LOL

Gotcha, and thanks for the honesty! I've never been on a cruise, so I don't know how I would react. Something to think about though.

mydogstinks2
09-24-2007, 09:55 AM
I think it sounds like lots of fun! I'm just afraid of open water. no cruises for me.

Erin K
09-24-2007, 12:19 PM
It does look fun. I can't swing it $$ wise though.

:(

If I WERE gonna do a craft cruise I'd do this one.

teabear
09-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Have fun ladies. My tip for cruising is pay the extra money for a balcony. It makes all the difference to be out there when you are not feeling well. You never know when the seas are gonna get rough and it happens at night alot from my experience.

Far North
09-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Sounds like fun! But afraid I can not chance heading there during hurricane season...I would be with Sherri on the balcony.
Did you see the links on that page...the last one was to Spacecoasters...I didn't recognize that company name LOL!

Erin K
09-24-2007, 04:51 PM
That location it's leaving from is on the "Space Coast" All our coasts here have names like that.

It's not too bad to be on a cruise in a hurricane, they just don't go where the storm is. Of course that's easy for me to say when I can just get to ships leaving from here in a few minutes, If I had to fly across the country to get one I'd probably NOT want to go unless I KNEW it would be great weather.

Oh right AFTER hurrican season is no picnic either, all the places ships go get storms and then often don't have everything you'd want to see. (like houses in the case of one we went on :( )

Jailbirdstamper
09-24-2007, 06:28 PM
I do too! I'm pretty sure I won't be able to because my dd will be starting college and education is OUCH expensive! I would looooooooooooooooooooovey to be on it though! But if the cruise was leaving from CA. I would be able to swing it.... sigh

Paula Carden
09-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Sounds like a hoot-I am working on my hubby now-I don't like hot weather, but heck I could just stay on the ship-who needs to see those places when we have the internet(HaHa) and especially with all of those stamps!

Erin K
09-24-2007, 08:20 PM
If we go is it ok to demand to be at their tables and follow them all around everywhere we go??

Nadine
09-24-2007, 09:07 PM
I hadn't considered the sea sickness bit. I don't deal well with enclosed boats (I'm fine in canoes and fishing boats, but anything with walls makes me sick) so I don't know... I'm really considering it though. I think it would be a lot of fun.

mcourtney
09-24-2007, 09:33 PM
I got seasick on a fishing boat once but when I went on my cruise I never even felt the ship move most of the time. The only time I felt it was when we were docking in Ensenada. But after several "Bahama Mama" drinks I wasn't sure it was me or the boat. LOL. I figured it would be claustraphobic but really you can't tell you're on a boat unless you step outside and even then, it's so big it seems like you're just standing on a pier. The interior rooms were about the size of our camper so we just pretended we were camping at night. Most of the time we were wandering around lost. I never knew what deck we were on.

HeatherJ
09-24-2007, 09:53 PM
That looks like such a great time - -doesn't work for us teachers unfortunately!

GrammaStamper
09-24-2007, 11:01 PM
My DH is a teacher, too, so if I go, I'm going on my own. But I so want to go.

Tantalize
09-25-2007, 02:58 AM
4 weddings next year, one of them taking place in Mexico... no way I can afford it. :(

spredbirds
09-25-2007, 10:30 PM
It does look very very fun! ...

ranaleigh
09-26-2007, 05:23 PM
I really really want to go, but who will take care of DS? Certainly not DH! Maybe I can get him to take the week off and go to his mom's house? Ooh, both of us on vacay equals no money! I want to go!!!!!!

mlamarredesigns
10-07-2007, 10:27 PM
I would luv to go on this, hopefully:)
Maggie

Patty
10-08-2007, 01:12 PM
I would love it but not this year. I went on a cruise to Bermuda once and I loved every inute. I didn't even care about getting off anywhere. The pampering and the food was out of this world.