PDA

View Full Version : OK, I am annoyed

ellie
09-24-2007, 11:29 PM
We had a pool party yesterday and I purchased a bunch of chocolate to put in a bowl for people to pick on. (a big bowl) I was out most of the day today and when I came home, I noticed that Zoe was spending a lot of time walking from my son's room into the dining room. I went to see what she was up to and guess what she found on the floor in his room? Riesen, Kit-Kat, Butterfingers, and Kisses...the bowl was on the floor under his desk. I am sure she thought she hit the mother-lode. I am not sure if she was eating it all afternoon or if she had just come across it. I know chocolate is bad for dogs...she doesn't appear to be sick but my son and I will be having a little "talk" in the morning! :mad:

hbpuppy
09-24-2007, 11:33 PM
They don't call them "chocolate labs" for nothing. Paris can sniff out chocolate a mile away. He's gotten into it several times and lives to tell about it. I don't think it's as much a deal for big dogs. But, she might get the runs.

mydogstinks2
09-25-2007, 03:21 AM
I'm sorry but...LOL

Just watch her today cause she may have to "go" quickly!

My3Ds
09-25-2007, 05:25 AM
I hope she is okay. Not to scare you, bu chocolate is very bad for dogs. In fact, it can kill a dog if it eats a lot of it. Keep an eye on her. Make sure there's a lot of water in her bowl.

toao
09-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Oh my. Chocolate is indeed bad for dogs. The caffiene in it makes their hearts race and can actually give them a heart attack if they eat too much. My DD freaks if she drops even a chip of her cookie on the floor around buster.

Mary

threefriends91
09-25-2007, 09:33 AM
l don't think you have to worry now, if something was going to happen it would have already happened. They sure are like kids, lots of water will help clean out the system. well we can all learn somthing new each day.

Canadian, eh
09-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Oh my gosh. Not good.

ellie
09-25-2007, 12:24 PM
She is a bit lethargic today but no "running" yet. She is in the end stages of being in heat. Maybe that's why she wanted the chocolate...a true female!

IMBlessed5
09-25-2007, 01:50 PM
She is a bit lethargic today but no "running" yet. She is in the end stages of being in heat. Maybe that's why she wanted the chocolate...a true female!

Oh now that is just tooooo funny!;)

Christie
09-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Did you all know that grapes, raisins, and onions are equally as bad for dogs. I hope your pooch is ok!

JBgreendawn
09-25-2007, 06:59 PM
actually its like giving a dog speed... it speeds up their heart rate. i think depends on the weight and age and general health of the dog and the amount they get into if they can live through it or not...

Hopefully your ds is escaping with his skin still in tack too...

(( Hugs ))

cindi
09-25-2007, 07:54 PM
I hope the pooch is ok..I'm sure it will be alright..it's not like she gets it all the time. I once wrapped 3 giant candy bars up for my dad & put them under the Christmas tree..in tghe morning there was paper & cvhoc. wrappers all over the floor, and one satisfied dog looking guilty!
Keep us [posted on the health of your dog..and your son!
:)