PDA

View Full Version : Spring Shackapaloosa?

Robinkay
09-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Whatever you wanna call it...
Hey Chris...since you havent gotta job yet maybe you & I should be working on OUR next Shackapaloosa!? (I see in another thread you said something about this)
Hey everyone! Let's push Chris into working on this. I have the web site if you wanna take a look at it?Maybe Chris wants it to be a secret still?! It is really a pretty place. Maybe we should start a list of who all would wanna go there, so we kinda have a head count.
I Think she said in the spring is good right? When is best for everyone?

iloveflipflops
09-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Count me in :)

I think we were talking about May. Looking at May 2008, these are the weekends:

May 3-4
May 10-11 Mothers' Day weekend (we may not want to do this then)
May 17-18
May 24-25 Memorial weekend (again, not sure we want to travel this weekend)

I can't wait to hear all about it after you check it out...

GrammaStamper
09-25-2007, 11:36 AM
I think we talked about the last weekend in May or the first weekend in June. Sounds good to me.

Spartymom
09-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Do you already have a location picked out Robinkay? I want to see. Novi (in MI) has their annual scrapbook convention in May! May looks good on my calendar.

workin4stamps
09-25-2007, 12:26 PM
definitely not the holiday weekends. I vote for May 17-18 because kids are still in school. Hotel rates, etc should still be cheaper.

:-)
Traci

stampcrazyjulie
09-25-2007, 01:38 PM
May 17-18 might work better for me too....where would this be? Does anybody have a link or secret info that they can share with us?

Julie

workin4stamps
09-25-2007, 01:46 PM
All Chris has divulged to us so far is that it is someplace in Indiana.

:-)
Traci

stampcrazyjulie
09-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Hmmmm.....I wonder if it's at the place Martha Stewart has mentioned called the Crop-a-Doodle-Doo in Arcadia, Indiana?

mydogstinks2
09-25-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm working on it. LOL I'm making a few phone calls today and we are going Thursday morning to look at a place. I'm looking for a place just to "crop" and hang out. No convention or show.

Chelsey had the idea of "shoe box" projects and I love that idea. When we have a date and place we will work on that idea more!

iloveflipflops
09-25-2007, 02:55 PM
With the last weekend in May being Memorial weekend, I am not so sure that is a good weekend for me. In Charlotte, that is our biggest Nascar race so people will be flying in and out all weekend. Indiana may be close enough to drive to, I will have to see how far we're talking :). Maybe Ellie and Michelle can all drive up with me :).

spredbirds
09-25-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm ready to help Chris with the "shoe box" project organization! ... pick the weekend and I am there!!! I'd prefer not mother's day or memorial day if we can help it ....

maxiesmom
09-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Say what?? A weekend get together that I can go to?? Details, details, I must have details! (hehe, that's my line for DH when he comes home with juicy family gossip, but only half the story!).
My 2 cents, I can't do Memorial Weekend either, already have a family memorial service that they planned for then. Mom's cousin from out of state just passed away and we're all getting together then. You know plan it far enough out so nobody can say no?

ellie
09-25-2007, 11:20 PM
I think I would be able to drive to Indianna...It would be fun to do a road trip with Sherri and Michelle and possibly Debbie.

Swanie78
09-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Ohhh...I plan on being in IL at the end of April and beginning-mid May! This might work perfect. My brother's baby is due then :) Im waiting to hear back from him to see if they'd be ok with me being there with the new baby. I already plan on hitting up a friend in Missouri, I can bounce over to Indiana too ;)

mydogstinks2
09-26-2007, 03:47 PM
I think the weekend of the 16th, 17th & 18th!! That way there is no chance of snow if we have a late winter again this year.

We are going tomorrow to check out a place and I will include details and prices tomorrow!

iloveflipflops
09-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Hurry up ... I can't wait to hear all the details. I need to start PACKING!!!

lol

firefly
09-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't know what a shoe box project is??

Spartymom
09-26-2007, 07:18 PM
I don't know what a shoe box project is either, and I can't wait to hear what it is.

mahodgman
09-26-2007, 07:53 PM
I don't know about this weekend, but I do know what a shoe box project is. It is also called a shoe box swap. Each participant makes a card or some other project and prepares the supplies for everyone else in a shoe box. Then when you get together other people do your project/card and you do thiers. I've done this with small groups before of like 4-5 people. We actually all did one card at a time. When we were finished with my project, we moved on to the next person's project.

GSMom385
09-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Wow this sounds great. Indiana is a very do able drive for us. Chelsea, we can pick you up on the way thru IL, if you want. This time you won't have to drive alone, if you don't want to. I need to post it on the calendar at work so I can be sure and get it off.

directmailscrapper
09-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I like the May 16-18th weekend. Hmmm. I might be able to make this happen! I'm sitting here getting gitty (spelling?) just thinking about it!

midnitecreations
09-27-2007, 09:54 AM
I like the May 16-18th weekend. Hmmm. I might be able to make this happen! I'm sitting here getting gitty (spelling?) just thinking about it!

I might be able to do this weekend. Maybe, we can go together?

Jadyeebugsaunt
09-27-2007, 03:44 PM
maybe if Sherri Ellie and michelle drive the can swing by and pick me up ?
Pretty please

mydogstinks2
09-27-2007, 03:48 PM
We have details!! There is a new shackapaloosa 2008 post now!! WOO-HOO!!

Patty
09-30-2007, 12:11 PM
I'll fly down and drive with everyone--I've heard about the shoebox thing but not clear what it is--Anything inky an sticky sounds good to me!