PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is there a difference between...

Caboverde1
11-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Clean and MOMMA CLEAN...My house is always "clean" (thats what the housekeeper is for, and even with 3 kids;) ) but when my momma comes...its time to break out the tooth brushes and the heavy artillery (like the toilet scour block)! It has to be beyond spotless...Thanks God she only comes once a year!

Tonii

lost luggage
11-21-2006, 02:41 PM
No way....we just let our maid service go when I left my job, but I would expect them to clean to that level of cleanliness or I wouldn't keep them employed. There you have it. lol

Caboverde1
11-21-2006, 02:54 PM
I fired my cleaning service when MIL moved in (shes the new housekeeper!)...That's why nothing gets done to my standards...;) AND I have to clean when momma comes NOBODY can clean to her standard EXCEPT for me!

Tonii

Trapedinga
11-21-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm so glad my mother only comes once a year. I'm so tired from MOMMA cleaning that I can't enjoy myself for the first couple of days. The other thing is she rearranges everything in my house while she's here. I'm so afraid she's going to find a spot that I forgot to clean. I love her to death,but once a year is enough. BTW she has a maid service and stays home. I on the other hand have to work full time and clean up after my two boys (DH & DS).
I feel your pain Tonii.
Donna

Christie
11-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Lucily for me my house is cleaner than my mom's! My mom isn't the best house cleaner and I like my house nice and tidy, so there's never a problem with "is it clean enough". I guess I'm lucky!

iloveflipflops
11-21-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm like Christie. My mom is a total packrat and never throws away anything ... I am the complete opposite. I keep NOTHING :). DH's mom is very clean so I actually momma clean real well when both moms come :).

Kreative Dryve
11-21-2006, 04:30 PM
the only thing my mom says I don't keep clean enough is my windows. But really , who does?

mydogstinks2
11-21-2006, 09:16 PM
LMAO!!! My DH calls the Momma clean our "company" house! He says we have two houses the clean one and then the one I really clean when company is coming over!:D