PDA

View Full Version : Yet another question

Patty
09-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Who has all their stamps "catalogged" or recorded for insurance purposes? How did you do that? The thought of stamping each stamp just for that and then cleaning them all is overwhelming!:confused::confused::confused:patty

GrammaStamper
09-26-2007, 01:49 PM
If you have your crafting stuff insured, it's an extra endorsement on the policy, like jewellery.

Our house insurance covers contents and that includes my stamping stuff.

iloveflipflops
09-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Nope ... mine are not listed anywhere and like you, just the thought of doing that, puts me into a panic. So they are all in my head ... :)

Trapedinga
09-26-2007, 02:02 PM
My renters insurance covered everything in the house, but after mentally adding up what we had I don't think it would have been enough to go out and buy a bunch of new stamps, not to mention paper,punchs etc. With my Home owners insurance I had them raise the contents replacement up so that it would cover most of what I have and all the other stuff. Unfortunatly we have to list all of my DH's Die cast car collection. That's going to take longer than if I had to list my stamping supplies. His addiction cost a whole lot more than mine.

MnMommy2
09-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Who has all their stamps "catalogged" or recorded for insurance purposes? How did you do that? The thought of stamping each stamp just for that and then cleaning them all is overwhelming!:confused::confused::confused:patty

I started doing that a couple years ago, but then stopped. Those were my thoughts exactly!

I think if you have a digi camera, you can just take photos of each set individually or group them as themes. Then maybe you can make a contact sheet or something similar and print them out and keep them in a binder as a catalog system?

MidwestStamper
09-26-2007, 02:47 PM
I wasn't doing it for insurance purposes, but I stamp each new image into a book and note when and where I got it--just so I know what I have! Does that count? :D

Patty
09-26-2007, 04:41 PM
you could jot a price next to each one too. Then don't keep it in the house (just in case). I like the digi camera idea--I could do that--i think, Maybe put it on a dvd and have Ellie hold on to it. I have an inventory of hers for just in case--but she stamped everything--ugh!! :mad:these are the things I try to think about when I can't sleep--no wonder I can't sleep!!

firefly
09-26-2007, 05:35 PM
I, like Lidia, cataloged each stamp so that I wouldn't buy duplicates! Never thought of using the index for insurance purposes - good idea.

GSMom385
09-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Our insurance man recommended video taping the inside of the house every room, every drawer and closet at least once a year. We do it at Christmas time when we already have the video camera out. Then we put the video tape in the safety deposit box. It is really easy, takes around 2 hours to do our house, and he said if and when the time comes you simply pull out the tape and go room by room and pause the tape and document the entire contents of the room. We actually have saved all the tapes we have ever done, and it is pretty fun just to see how much your house changes in the course of time.

mydogstinks2
09-27-2007, 08:49 AM
I have never even thought of doing this. I like the pictures idea then putting them on a disk. I could do that with every room.

Christie
09-27-2007, 08:56 AM
I have mine done and I love it! I was like you at first, but it really is nice to have the image stamped all in one place. i have them in catagories, like sentiments, hearts, flowers, etc... then when I want to make some ting I just flip through the book and see what image I want to use. It really is nice to have and you will be glad you did it. I also did my aunts for her, took me 2 days! Just have to keep up with it, everytime you buy a new stamp be sure to stamp it.

Jovi
09-27-2007, 09:21 AM
I've never cataloged mine for insurance purposed or just to be organized, but it's something I often thought of doing so I don't purchase duplicates... yup I've done that. ;)

logcabincreations
09-27-2007, 09:36 AM
My sister's home burned to the ground 3 years ago...and she had to try to "REMEMBER" all the things she had in her home because the insurance company gave her a bunch of forms to fill out -- including putting a value to each of the items lost. Cataloging 'EVERYTHING' in our homes is very important (I have not even started yet - and I know better because I saw what my sister went through.)

Nancy
09-27-2007, 10:10 AM
someone belonging here must be in the insurance business and start a small business for themselves. . Having your stamps insured is something I suggest. I had 10,000 dollars wih of stamp and craft items stolen from me by an ex boyfriend who I shared a rental place with, When I returned after a 2 month vacation, all had been removed, by him, but I couldn't prove it and I didn't have everything listed. So just think what your craftrooms contain now and how much money you have invested. It still smarts to this day. I have replaced many things but stamps they don't make any more I still remember. The attorney told me to take my losses and instead of sueing him, just take the money and start over and I am doing that. - Nancy

scrappinnuts
09-27-2007, 10:38 AM
I have it all listed what I have...but my homeowners covers the loss...I learned this the hard way when 4 years ago...after a long stamping crop... I left all of my supplies in my car...too tired to take them out...parked in the driveway...locked my car...alarm on...and came out the next morning...car and all gone...Homeowners did cover my loss of supplies (i also had 1500 worth of therapy equiptment in the car) but I had to itemize each and everything..and then they prorated the items because of use. So lessoned learned...I now know exactaly what I have and I bring everthing in the from the car no matter how late it is. LOL