PDA

View Full Version : Shack Santa is ready for ordering

Sherry
09-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Hey guys,

I finally got the pricing all sorted out for our Shack Santa and he is ready to order. I just placed the order for 100 images TODAY so please note that the stamp will not ship until I receive them - hopefully on or before October 12th.

Also, for those of you patiently waiting, you will be pleased to know that I also placed an order for the Farm Faces (FINALLY). They too can be pre-ordered.

To order these stamps, just hop on over to my inkspirations (http://inkspirations.ca) website. I apologize for not setting up the ordering on The Stamp Shack website but it was much easier to use my existing software and cart.

Cheers!
Sherry

Fief14
09-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah!!! Gonna order one tonight!

TiikkiStars
09-26-2007, 06:28 PM
I just pre-ordered my Shack Santa AND my Farm Faces!! Thanks Sherry!
:> Karen

ccstampin12
09-26-2007, 06:50 PM
I got mine!!!!
LOL
Joanie

mydogstinks2
09-26-2007, 06:53 PM
I ordered mine too!

mahodgman
09-26-2007, 06:56 PM
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I stopped my order in the middle because the payment amount didn't seem right. The PayPal website is showing the price for the stamp to be $13.something CAD and the USD price $14.something. That isn't right is it? Shouldn't the Canadian price be higher? It is also showing the exchange rate of 1 US dollar = 0.9something Canadian. I don't get it!

suzi_f
09-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Woohoo, I ordered mine. I can't wait to get him!

Sherry
09-26-2007, 07:27 PM
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I stopped my order in the middle because the payment amount didn't seem right. The PayPal website is showing the price for the stamp to be $13.something CAD and the USD price $14.something. That isn't right is it? Shouldn't the Canadian price be higher? It is also showing the exchange rate of 1 US dollar = 0.9something Canadian. I don't get it!

Hi Mary,

For the first time in a very long time, the US currency and Canadian currency are at par. One website is actually showing the Canadian dollar to be higher than the US dollar - imagine that! I'm not sure what PayPal does in terms of their exchange rates so, unfortunately, I am unsure as to whether what they have listed is correct or not. All I know is that I am required to specify my prices in Canadian funds and Paypal supposedly takes care of the exchange.

Let me look into this to see if I can make sense of what is happening. Surely to goodness the CAD dollar can't be doing that good!

laos348
09-26-2007, 07:30 PM
I got mine ordered - woohooo!

Laura

Sherry
09-26-2007, 07:34 PM
PayPal is quoting the exchange to be the following:

1.00 USD = 0.97 CAD

So, if you are a US resident, a Shack Santa should come to $13.92 CAD with shipping. According to the above mentioned exchange rate, your US total should be $13.49 US.

mahodgman
09-26-2007, 07:37 PM
PayPal is quoting the exchange to be the following:

1.00 USD = 0.97 CAD

So, if you are a US resident, a Shack Santa should come to $13.92 CAD with shipping. According to the above mentioned exchange rate, your US total should be $13.49 US.

That's what I thought, but PayPal was quoting it at over $14. I think I'll just use my credit card.

Sherry
09-26-2007, 07:38 PM
That's what I thought, but PayPal was quoting it at over $14. I think I'll just use my credit card.

That is very odd that PayPal is doing that. Please let me know if this happens again and I will contact paypal directly.

mahodgman
09-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Nope, it is still showing $14.22 on PayPal.

Sherry
09-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Nope, it is still showing $14.22 on PayPal.

That is very weird. I tried to do a test purchase but am showing $13.92 CAD as my total. I guess Paypal knows I'm Canadian so it is not showing me the US rate.

Are there any other US residents having this issue?

Nancy
09-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Sherry I dont have paypal, how does an Am. Check work in this case, I could get that mailed out tomorrow. Idefinitely want one. = Nancy Anthony

MnMommy2
09-26-2007, 08:43 PM
I am trying to order my stamp right now. I live in the USA, but when I go to the checkout page, it says CANADA under my addy, I can't get it to switch to the USA. I will keep trying though, I haven't checked out yet.

TiikkiStars
09-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Mine came out to $24.42 USD through Paypal for both the Shack Santa and Farm Faces. I can't get it itemized (the two items and shipping separately) through paypal though, so I'm not sure if it is doing the conversion wonky or not.
:> Karen

scrappinnuts
09-26-2007, 09:03 PM
My order came out to 13.49... can't wait to get it.

Sherry
09-26-2007, 09:14 PM
My order came out to 13.49... can't wait to get it.

This is exactly how it should come out. Very strange that Mary is getting $14 something!

Canadian, eh
09-26-2007, 09:21 PM
I ordered my Santa and am sooooooooo excited. Sherry, your postal rates are awesome. Finally, someone who isn't gouging. You rock!

midnitecreations
09-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Sherri, I ordered my Santa. You are calculating the rates wrong. According to paypal, the US $ is worth less than the canadian $. Meaning that at today's rate, US orders would cost more than the canadian orders.

GrammaStamper
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Placed my orders for both Farm Faces and Shack Santa. Can't wait to get them. Thanks, Sherry.

mahodgman
09-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Sherri, I ordered my Santa. You are calculating the rates wrong. According to paypal, the US $ is worth less than the canadian $. Meaning that at today's rate, US orders would cost more than the canadian orders.

This what the PayPal message says today:

PayPal Conversion Rate as of Sep. 27, 2007: 1 U.S. Dollar = 0.975488 Canadian Dollars.

How is that saying the US dollar is worth less?

midnitecreations
09-27-2007, 12:20 PM
o.k. let me try to explain this better. If you give the bank $1 USA and ask for Canadian money in exchange, you'll only get back .975... So basically, for a change, we here in the US have to pay more for Canadian goods. Usually, when we exchange a US $1 for Canadian, we get back about $1.4 in return. Hope this makes more sense.

threefriends91
09-27-2007, 01:47 PM
wow l just mailed my order in can't wait, but l will have to get busy cleaning l have no place to make my cards right now, my hb had his dads things all over here what a mess

Swanie78
09-27-2007, 07:30 PM
I just placed my order too for the Santa and Farm Faces....Im so excited...Ive been waiting for those! :)
My order came out exactly as it should....$13.92 CAD and $14something US.
But then I added Farm Faces and of course it went up higher ;)

mahodgman
09-27-2007, 07:39 PM
o.k. let me try to explain this better. If you give the bank $1 USA and ask for Canadian money in exchange, you'll only get back .975... So basically, for a change, we here in the US have to pay more for Canadian goods. Usually, when we exchange a US $1 for Canadian, we get back about $1.4 in return. Hope this makes more sense.

OMG! The lightbulb just came on, and I'm an idiot! Of course, you are right. I just couldn't get my head around it. And wow, I think this is the first time I can ever remember that the Canadian dollar was stronger than the USD. I'm off to place my order.

Sherry
09-27-2007, 08:17 PM

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I checked the exchange rates today and the Canadian dollar IS stronger than the US dollar right now. I never would have believed it. :eek:

mahodgman
09-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Yes, you are absolutely correct. I checked the exchange rates today and the Canadian dollar IS stronger than the US dollar right now. I never would have believed it. :eek:

Sorry to cause a rukus, Sherry! I even emailed PayPal about it. Of course, I haven't heard from them yet, but now I have to tell them I'm an idiot too!