PDA

View Full Version : Prismas colors

Spartymom
09-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I got my first set of prismas from my secret sister Nancy! I have them sorted by color and wondered what the numbers mean on the pencils. For example, I have a Red 922, 924, 926. Is the higher number (926) suppose to be the darker color, and the lighter (922)? Am I just confused or what? Thanks for your help.:laugh:

Canadian, eh
09-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Wowzers. You are one lucky gal!!!

teabear
09-27-2007, 01:13 PM
The numbers are for reference in colors. I made up a little tiny chart of all my colors with a scribble of each color next to the number so it's easy to see the colors. Here is a link (http://www.prismacolor.com/sanford/consumer/prismacolor/product/subCategory.jhtml;jsessionid=0GWR0J3I1AIHSCQHUBSCG WQKA4QHQJCK?subCat=SNPRCat100002&countCat=SNPRCat100015) so you can see a sample of all the colors they make. You can do shading with all those different reds. Be sure you sharpen them on the end opposite the numbers and don't drop them, the leads can break inside. Have fun!

Spartymom
09-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Wow, that's a lot of colors. Thanks, Tami! I think I'll make a little chart too so that I can see the actual color on paper.

JBgreendawn
09-27-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a blank thing for these you can print at splitcoast. ( thats what i did anyways one for pencils and one for makers..) I'll see if i can find you a link..

JBgreendawn
09-27-2007, 05:11 PM
this is the chart that i used because i have alot of su cardstocks and markers colors... so i use it as a cheat sheet to take some of the guess work out of the shading...

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32419&highlight=prisma+chart

Spartymom
09-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the link Stacy. So neat that someone took the time to do this.

Christie
09-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Wow what an awesome SS!!!! I'm still waiting for my last package.

GSMom385
09-27-2007, 11:26 PM
That's really cool Kim!! One other thing, store them someplace cool, NEVER leave them in your car if it is hot, or the sun. Mine melted, when I first got them, because they are made up of lots of wax in the leads and it will melt out when they get hot, then the lead crumbles into powder pigment. I travel so my stuff is in the car alot with me. I now have a leather case for mine and they come inside with me in my computer case so they stay cool while I am working instead of in my car when I am traveling with them. Learned the hard way.