PDA

View Full Version : Shackapaloosa 2008!!!

mydogstinks2
09-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Here is the skinny on this event!!
The place we went and looked at today was awesome!!
The dates they had opened and I hope this works for everyone are:
May 2nd 3rd & 4th
I said we would go ahead with that date.
They have room blocks for us. There are 11 rooms with 2 double beds. There is 1 handicap room with 2 queen beds. There are 3 rooms with 2 queen beds. These are just the rooms she is saving right now. There can be more if we need them.

We also have a conference room saved for us. The total cost for the conference room for the three days is $500. We will have that room these hours: Friday 3pm til midnight
Saturday 8am til midnight
Sunday 8am til 3pm
I will pay the deposit on this room then we can split the cost between everyone that comes. The more shackies we have the cheaper it is!!

This is the place:
www.potawatomiinn.com

To get your reservations you can call them at 1-877-768-2928 or you can do them online. You only have to pay a deposit of $25 per room right now. Then pay the rest when we get there.

The cost of the rooms is as follows:

the rooms with 2 double beds is $79+tax per night
the rooms with 2 queen beds is $103+tax per night
the handicap room is also $103 per night (I think)

They are holding these for 30 days from today! So if you are coming or think you might you need to make your res. soon.

When you make your res. you need to use this code:
0502SS

Now one thing that is a down side, They don't allow outside food in the conference room BUT they do allow it in your personal room. They have a restaurant there and they have cattering at a per person cost we can look at later.

They gave me a TON of info that later on I can scan and try to email to anyone interested. I can also just go back down and pick up any info to mail someone.

Jadyeebugsaunt
09-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Darn it I can't go again my sisters wedding is the 3rd
crap !

mydogstinks2
09-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Oh ya I need to add that I need a room mate! Robin is not staying overnight so anyone who can put up with my snooring... I'm lookin for a roomie!

Nancy
09-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Sorry I can't come, we have a big trip coming up the middle of May going West. Darn Darn Darn= Nancy

stampcrazyjulie
09-27-2007, 05:10 PM
I was just checking flights....from SLC to Fort Wayne is $600.00 RT, and then it says Angola is 40 miles due north of Ft. Wayne....maybe the rates will go down soon......

ellie
09-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Oh Baby!... I'm in! I think this will be great...I already looked up the driving directions...it's 10 hours. Not bad!!! If they would like, Sherri, Debbie, Michelle and I can do a road trip. I think we could also pick up Mindy on the way!

iloveflipflops
09-27-2007, 05:31 PM
I did call them and ask if we could add extra nights onto this reservation and she said yes. I am thinking if we are driving 10 hours, we would almost have to come Thurs - Mon so we would have enough time during the weekend to stamp :). Also, i tried to book it online but it would not take the code and she said give it till tomorrow and then try booking again. The code may not be entered just yet into their system.

firefly
09-27-2007, 06:27 PM
This sounds like lots of fun! It's only about a 3 1/2 hour drive for me. I'll let you know - Thanks for making the arrangements!

Ok all you Ohio ladies! Who's in? Sally

Swanie78
09-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Im almost certain Im in. Im still waiting to hear from my brother to see if he's ok with me coming when/after the baby is born.
Anyone wanna room with me? Light snorer's ok ;)
Also, if anyone wants to check into flights from Chicago O'hare or Midway, I'd be willing to stop by there to pick you up and bring you back. Sometimes it's cheaper to go to those bigger airports. Ill be renting a car if I go, so it's no big deal!

mahodgman
09-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Oh man, I'd love to do this! It looks like airfare from Seattle to O'Hare is about $350 right now. Swanie, I may be begging a ride soon! I'll keep you posted.

Spartymom
09-27-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm in! I don't know about Friday, but Sat and Sun. are aok.!

3darlings
09-27-2007, 08:14 PM
WHoo-Hoo.......I am in.....it is about a 20 minute drive for me. I wouldn't stay the night. Sorry Chris, I know you really want to sleep next to me!! :) I would bring all my "TUBS" so if anyone needed anything and stores are closed.......waaahhaahaaa!!!

workin4stamps
09-27-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm in!

Woo Hoo!!

:-)
Traci

GSMom385
09-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Whooo ho, this is only 6.5 hour drive for me, now the big question can I get that weekend off of work. Gonna give it a try.

GrammaStamper
09-27-2007, 11:58 PM
I'll be looking into flights, etc., but so far, it's looking good.

stampcrazyjulie
09-28-2007, 12:23 AM
I just checked flights into O'Hare & Midway & they are around $300.00 RT. Much more do-able for me if I could possible catch a ride with Kelly too.... ( How far are the Airports to Angola?) I guess we would have to figure out what day to fly in & out....any ideas Kelly?

Swanie78
09-28-2007, 03:13 AM
I just checked flights into O'Hare & Midway & they are around $300.00 RT. Much more do-able for me if I could possible catch a ride with Kelly too.... ( How far are the Airports to Angola?) I guess we would have to figure out what day to fly in & out....any ideas Kelly?

I haven't really figured out my vacation dates yet so thats hard to say. My 30th bday is on April 30th, so if Im going to IL, it will be a day or two before then to celebrate with my family. The day/time you flew in wouldnt matter much to me. I didnt check to see how far it is from the airport to the Angola, but from my dads house (an hour from O'hare) its a 3.5 hour drive, not too bad. I love to drive, so the distance for me is not a problem. I just cant 100% commit at this point. I have to get the days off from work and talk to my brother yet. Im about 90% sure I'll be there though :)

scraphappy908
09-28-2007, 05:44 AM
Oh wow! Let me check, but I think I can make this one. Count me as a maybe and I will get back with you this weekend. I just can't miss one more of these get-togethers!
Amy

inkinupstamps
09-28-2007, 06:23 AM
My mother and my sister and brother in law live in Fort Wayne! Woo hoo! I'll be sure to look in to these dates and see what is happening in May.

:)

3darlings
09-28-2007, 07:28 AM
For thoses of you looking into flying. Maybe check into Lansing, MI. It is about 1 hour or so North of Angola. It will be closer than Chicago. Maybe even cheaper too. Just a thought!

Spartymom
09-28-2007, 08:54 AM
For thoses of you looking into flying. Maybe check into Lansing, MI. It is about 1 hour or so North of Angola. It will be closer than Chicago. Maybe even cheaper too. Just a thought!

This is a great idea to fly into Lansing! It's a smaller airport. I could even pickup since I would go thru lansing, to get to the Inn.

mahodgman
09-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Here is a link for driving directions to the lodge from several different airports http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/inns/potawatomi/about.html#dd Ft. Wayne, IN appears to be the closest airport, but not a good option for me because it is 2 stops...yuck! I hate airports already, so having to change planes twice is yucky!

threefriends91
09-28-2007, 09:07 AM
oh l wish l could go but it cost so much just to get their from here, and l will likely be moving from this little space but thanks for the offer maybe next time

stampcrazyjulie
09-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Ok, So I think I may be able to make this one if I can catch a ride with somebody to & from the Airports. I will have to see which Airport & the days & times first. I was thinking maybe fly in Thursday Night or Friday Morning & then fly out Sunday Night.....

Of course I need a Roomie too....I don't think I snore.... :)

Julie

iloveflipflops
09-28-2007, 02:16 PM
I am not sure I can do this weekend. Nicholas' 13th birthday is May 2nd. I just do not think I can get away during that weekend. I hate to miss either of my kid's birthdays, at least until they get older so I think I will be skipping this one .... DH wasn't too fond of me going this weekend so I am not going to push it... You can have fun without me :(

Robinkay
09-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Oh no Sherry...it just won't be the same without that great laugh of yours. :+(
We avoided all the dates everyone mentioned(even though they were booked those dates too) The beg of May is all they had. She said that it only gets worse for booking events after June 1st. Should I get some cheese for all the wine(ing) I'm doing?! :+)

iloveflipflops
09-28-2007, 10:03 PM
i know that's the only date ... I just can't go and be gone for his actual birthday. Its his 13th birthday. I took Emily to MOA for her 13th. HA HA

workin4stamps
09-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Well...it's close for me. Only 1-1/2 hour drive. I'm willing to go two weekends in a row. How about we do the last weekend in April too. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Traci

mydogstinks2
09-29-2007, 08:05 AM
I'm sorry Sherri! :( I tried to get the other weekend but the whole stinkin place was booked up! When I told her the dates she asked what year! Then I knew oh-no!

spredbirds
09-29-2007, 08:18 AM
Chris - Thanks soooo much for looking into this .... count me in!!!

I will gladly be your roomie .... and I promise no RASH for me :)

I am sooo excited ... we will work together on the project part of the weekend next ... I think I have directions for one of these I went to before!

I am so excited ... little bummed that Sherri can't make it.

When you say no outside food ... does that mean no chocolate??? No M&Ms??? ... That is sad ... but I'm sure we can swing it!

inkinupstamps
09-29-2007, 08:19 AM
There is a new ARCHIVER's store in Fort Wayne (I'm pretty sure it is in Glenbrook Mall) and also there is a great STAMP STORE called Stamping Day and Night which is easy to get to.

workin4stamps
09-29-2007, 10:39 AM
When you say no outside food ... does that mean no chocolate??? No M&Ms??? ... That is sad ... but I'm sure we can swing it!

I am absolutely positively 100% sure that we will be able to smuggle some food in somehow! A bag of m&m's will fit nicely in my purse or scrap tote!

Traci

workin4stamps
09-29-2007, 10:40 AM
There is a new ARCHIVER's store in Fort Wayne (I'm pretty sure it is in Glenbrook Mall) and also there is a great STAMP STORE called Stamping Day and Night which is easy to get to.

yippee!!!!!

Traci

ellie
09-29-2007, 01:42 PM
I will probably drive and would be happy to pick someone up along the way. I am definitely in. I am not sure if Patty is in or not yet. Anyway, I will have my van so if we want to go to the store or out to eat, I can fit 6 more people. I have already added a counter on my blog!!!

shuggy
09-29-2007, 01:55 PM
i don't know if i'll be able to make this one...kerry wants to go on a trip next spring to someplace carribean (or whenever he gets his dumb passport!) so i may not have the fundage...i'll keep you posted.

mydogstinks2
09-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Chris - Thanks soooo much for looking into this .... count me in!!!

I will gladly be your roomie .... and I promise no RASH for me :)

I am sooo excited ... we will work together on the project part of the weekend next ... I think I have directions for one of these I went to before!

I am so excited ... little bummed that Sherri can't make it.

Woo-Hoo!! sure thing on sharing a room! I bet we can smuggle in a few things no big deal!

mydogstinks2
09-29-2007, 07:45 PM
I am working on a list and directions to all stamp and scrapbooking stores in the area. I'm going to include how far away and what they have and stuff like that. I will have that ready in the next few days. I'm going to copy off a few of the things they gave me and I will send them out to anyone who wants a copy.

Spartymom
09-29-2007, 08:36 PM
I'd love a copy or an email, or whatever you have! I have a van that would fit 5 plus me!

workin4stamps
09-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Chris....I still can't get that promo code to work to make reservations. Has anyone else had any luck with it?

Traci

Patty
09-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Maybe I could fly to Ellie's and drive with her from there. Good thing I didn't put my suitcase away yet, huh? Patty

tojoco
09-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Wah! I wanna come. Would you send me the info. so I can decide if I can go or not.

ellie
09-29-2007, 10:06 PM
I would like to have a copy when you get a chance...let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.

mydogstinks2
09-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Chris....I still can't get that promo code to work to make reservations. Has anyone else had any luck with it?

Traci

I will call them Monday and see if they have us in their system yet. She said it would be by the next day but I will double check with her.

suzi_f
09-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Somehow I missed this entire post. It's only 6.5 hours from me. I don't know if I can commit to it yet and I may have to be a last minute addition (dh won't know his schedule until the end of March at the earliest!) I'd LOVE to go so will have to see what I can work out. The fact that I fall asleep after driving for 20 min may be a problem :P

irishchristine
09-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Wow What happened when I was gone?.. There is a stamping party? I am so close about 2 1/2 hurs away but it is on the worse weekend. My dd will making her first communion that weekend. Maybe I can drive up for a day...sounds like fun!

mydogstinks2
10-01-2007, 10:07 AM
I checked and we are good to go on making the reservations!

I will be getting copies of things today and getting "stuff" around to send out to people.

MidwestStamper
10-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Sounds like a load of fun, but I doubt if I can swing the expense. If I were going to fly somewhere, it would be to Seattle with my DH--we've been dreaming of that for awhile!

workin4stamps
10-01-2007, 10:32 AM
I still can't make a reservation. It tells me invalid promo code. Which rate type do I pick? There's one that says "Rack" and there's a couple that say something about a night free, and there might be one other one. I've tried them all though I think. Maybe I should just call.

Traci

Swanie78
10-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Ok, I went to make my reservations (my brother ok'd me being there, so now I just have to get the time off!) and everything shows $0. There are no prices on the rooms and when I go to check out, it shows a $0 balance.
Also, the only double bed room they show available is a smoking room. I have to have a non-smoking, Im allergic to cigarette smoke. Does this mean there are no rooms left???

directmailscrapper
10-07-2007, 12:06 PM
I just booked a room by phone. I had to pay the first night's rate. Hoping to room with Spartymom!

Spartymom
10-07-2007, 12:08 PM
I just booked a room by phone. I had to pay the first night's rate. Hoping to room with Spartymom!

Hey, sounds good Nancy! If you already had to pay one night, maybe I should send you money!? Or maybe they won't charge your bill yet.

Kim

mydogstinks2
10-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Woo-Hoo!!!

Swanie78
10-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Ok, I just called and made the reservation :DShe said the only beds they have left are non-smoking so that worked out!!And my brother said since his gf wont be driving, I dont have to rent a car, I can just use his :) So that'll save A LOT of cost!Ive got a double bed room and no roommie yet (Mary is a possibility though). If she's not able to fill and there's someone last minute that wants to go, just let me know! :)

stampcrazyjulie
10-07-2007, 07:48 PM
OK, so I definitely want to come!! I am watching flights.....are all the rooms almost booked? I really need a NON SMOKING room though!! :) How many Gals will be bringing their cars?

mydogstinks2
10-09-2007, 06:25 PM
OK, so I definitely want to come!! I am watching flights.....are all the rooms almost booked? I really need a NON SMOKING room though!! :) How many Gals will be bringing their cars?

From what I understood all the rooms are non smoking. I KNOW that the double bed rooms are non smoking for sure. There are still plenty of rooms left!!

Fief14
10-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Kimmyqtgirl & I have chit-chatted a little about going. We would love to go, especially after missing the MOA event. But, things are still up in the air--gotta let our DH's know all the details etc. Maybe we can book our room later this week!?!?!?!!

Caboverde1
10-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Ok, I just called and made the reservation :DShe said the only beds they have left are non-smoking so that worked out!!And my brother said since his gf wont be driving, I dont have to rent a car, I can just use his :) So that'll save A LOT of cost!Ive got a double bed room and no roommie yet (Mary is a possibility though). If she's not able to fill and there's someone last minute that wants to go, just let me know! :)

thought to going...I wouldnt mind rooming with you...let me know!

TOnii

spredbirds
10-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Tonii you've gotta come ... it definitely will not be the same with out you!!!!

workin4stamps
10-09-2007, 09:26 PM
I know someone else who is coming, but I'm not naming any names!! This person is going to be my roomie. I will give one hint...this person was not in Minneapolis.

Traci

Inkisallover
10-09-2007, 09:30 PM
I am sooooo IN! Traci, you are to funny!

Jailbirdstamper
10-13-2007, 03:33 PM
I wish I could come:cry2: sob sob sob.... can ya send me a pity party package????

kimmyqtgirl
10-18-2007, 12:24 AM
I just booked a room for Jennifer (Fief14) and myself! I am so excited to meet you girls! So has anyone figured out if there are any stamping/scrapping stores near by? We may need to get more supplies or just spend some money since the room rate was so nice!

I can't wait!!

Fief14
10-18-2007, 12:31 AM
Yeah! It's official now! How exciting, I can't wait to go & meet all of you! So...Is it May yet?:D

patg
10-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Holy toledo! I just looked into flights from Vancouver and the cost is approximately $800! Sorry, I wish I could attend! Boo hoo! Pat

workin4stamps
10-18-2007, 06:09 AM
So has anyone figured out if there are any stamping/scrapping stores near by?

I think a couple of stores were mentioned previously. I know there is an Archivers not too terribly far. Maybe like a 30 minute drive or something? Jennifer W is from the area, and I think she may have mentioned a store or two as well.

Traci

Swanie78
10-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Im pretty sure Im going to cancel my reservation :(
The more I thought about having to lug stuff on a plane to go, the more I decided I didnt want to do that. Id come without stuff, but its a hefty expense to hang out all weekend too :(
Plus, if Im down there and my brothers girlfriend goes into labor, Id pack up and leave anyway which would be a waste of money.
So I think Ill give up my spot. I hope you guys have a great time though!

mydogstinks2
10-18-2007, 07:28 PM
I just booked a room for Jennifer (Fief14) and myself! I am so excited to meet you girls! So has anyone figured out if there are any stamping/scrapping stores near by? We may need to get more supplies or just spend some money since the room rate was so nice!

I can't wait!!

I am working on a list right now. I will have it ready to post by this weekend. There a few details I wanna make sure I have right. There is an Archivers not to far away and a scrapbook outlet in the outlet mall just up the road!

3darlings
10-18-2007, 09:47 PM
uth--hummmm.........What about all my loot? I am bringing it all!!!!!! A store within the crop room! WHoo-Hoo.......

maxiesmom
10-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I really want to do this, add me to the list for info. I will have to call and reserve a room soon. The place looks lovely.

workin4stamps
10-19-2007, 06:29 AM
I really want to do this, add me to the list for info. I will have to call and reserve a room soon. The place looks lovely.

YEE HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traci

Spartymom
10-19-2007, 06:34 AM
The guest list is looking great. Can't wait to see all you loot Michelle!

Patty
10-22-2007, 08:52 PM
I made reservations today for Ellie and me (even though she didn't mention my seat in the car!!) I book us to arrive on Thursday and leave Monday--4 nights--- 2 dbl beds. The queen beds are in the "new" section, and the dbls are in the old section, but she assurred me that the OLD section has AC, TV, Phone, running water etc. Sooooo, who else is coming and from when to when?????--Is it too early to start packing????:nod:patty