PDA

View Full Version : How do you do the split negative technique?

iloveflipflops
11-22-2006, 08:25 AM
I really love the card that Mary H did in the gallery but I have no idea how to do this. I'm not sure I have even see this technique done. I think its perfect for a masculine card. Please tell us how ... :)

mahodgman
11-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks, Sherri, it is easy peasy! Stamp the same image in black ink on white paper and in white ink on black paper. Cut the two images apart either across or diagonally, and match up the opposite image. I put some tape runner on a small square with glue side up on my table, layed down the first half, and then lined up the second half when I put them together. The little square kept the first image still while I fussed with the second half. I didn't cut both pieces in the same place when I cut them apart, so they were a little wonkey. I trimmed down the split negative image until it was square again.

inkinupstamps
11-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Mary, get your hostess finger ready! Can you imagine how wonderful all of the cards would be?

Tami did some of these a while back too.

Mary your car card is awesome. Who makes the stamp?:nerd:

mahodgman
11-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Mary, get your hostess finger ready! Can you imagine how wonderful all of the cards would be?

Tami did some of these a while back too.

Mary your car card is awesome. Who makes the stamp?:nerd:

The car is from a retired Stampin Up set called Antique Autos. Sorry, it is not available anymore. It is a really good one for man cards!

laos348
11-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Love this technique - I take it one step easier. I precut my cardstock (the two colors) and line them up next to each other. I then stamp my image ONCE, centering it between the two pieces of cardstock. I have my two colors of powder ready, dump it on and then emboss at my leisure. You have some time before you absolutely must emboss. This way my image is lined up perfectly every time.

Laura

Christie
11-24-2006, 08:46 PM
This sounds so fun and easy. I think I must try this too!! Thanks for the great tips.

1of2shoes
11-24-2006, 09:51 PM
I think I'll try this with red & green with a Christmas image. I'll post in the gallery.