PDA

View Full Version : OH Poll-Best stamping tip of the year

Far North
10-06-2007, 11:46 AM
What have you learned at the Shack that you consider your favorite stamping tip of the year?

In one of her posts Debbie/1of2shoes talked about how she cleans her workspace after making every card. At the time I marveled at that thought. I am glad to say I have stopped work on top on stacks of things from previous projects and while I don't refresh after every card at least I make a good effort after finishing with a specific round of inks, papers etc. ...so many thanks Debbie! It is a nice feeling to start fresh for the next project!

Erin K
10-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Get a stamp-a-majig.

how did I stamp without one?

shuggy
10-06-2007, 01:02 PM
unmounted stamp storage in cd cases. it's the best...

mydogstinks2
10-06-2007, 01:05 PM
I agree with the stamp storage. What a life saver!!

Jailbirdstamper
10-06-2007, 01:32 PM
I would say it's Vintagegal's (Ethel) inspiring work - I love her style and it has encouraged me to try somethings new to me - I did my first collage!!!!! So thanks!

hutchink
10-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I would have to say to use wax paper as a base to stamp on - since you can toss it away after you make a mess! The big plus is that you can get it at the Dollar store! So it is super cheap!

directmailscrapper
10-06-2007, 02:50 PM
I learned that you don't have to own every stamp ever made -- but that there's no harm in trying to! :-)

teabear
10-06-2007, 03:47 PM
So many things! The one that comes quickly to mind is the wonders of versafine ink. There are so many stamps I couldn't use without it.

Vintagegal
10-06-2007, 04:35 PM
I would say it's Vintagegal's (Ethel) inspiring work - I love her style and it has encouraged me to try somethings new to me - I did my first collage!!!!! So thanks!

Thanks, Lauri! :kiss:

For me, there are several: In the enabler alert category, the best stamping tip for the year would have to be buying Nick Bantock inks from Ranger. Not only are they vibrant, it's the only ink (seriously, the only ink) that comes off immediately after running under water. You just have to try it to believe it. All of my stamps look brand-spanking new each time after I've used my Nick Bantock inks.

In the stamping technique category, I'd have to go with using Distress Ink on manila cardstock (as in manila folder). I rub it all over the cardstock like I'm drawing the number eight. I choose three colors: one light, one medium and one dark. All should be in the same "color family." Start in the center and rub your inkpad direct to paper. Then, go with the next darker color. Then, just working on the outer part of your cardstock, rub the darkest color. LOVE the instant background it creates.

prdesigns
10-06-2007, 05:35 PM
There are many tips and techniques.... I really appreciate it when people try something old and bring it back new again. Links to kewl blogs, different galleries, enabler alerts etc....

But for me was the thread on the Cuttlebug.... I am glad I got one of those. So much peer pressure!!

Canadian, eh
10-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Jan's techniques she is coming up with are awesome!

JBgreendawn
10-06-2007, 09:53 PM
I don't know if i have a Best tip but, one of my most used things i have done is a tip that Ethel shared about creating backgrounds with distress ink and foil.
I have probably made more of these kind of backgrounds to stamp on this last year then any other.