PDA

View Full Version : Mix and mingle at the open house

Jailbirdstamper
10-06-2007, 01:31 PM
A good party depends on the guests mixing and mingling so here's a thought!

Take a minute and read the profile of someone you don't know that well and post their name here and what you learned about them!

Inkisallover
10-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Well, Lauri, I picked you. I found out all of the usual stuff about your job, stamping info and such, but what I really wanted to know is.... Just HOW DOES the Wicked Witch of the West take a shower?

shuggy
10-06-2007, 01:57 PM
i picked andi, rrlscrapgal. she lives in oregon and is a ranch wife and a writer. loves to garden and take walks! and it seems her kids are pretty funny!!!

smileycollector
10-06-2007, 02:07 PM
What a COOL idea!!! I did just that... went to the Member's List, selected "S" (for smile) and picked the member with the cutie pie baby photo for her avatar.... "SIMPLECRAFTER".

I know she has a birthday coming up on October 21st and she's a stay at home mom and grandma in Boise, Idaho. I'm sorry to say that I couldn't find her name. SimpleCrafter found the Stamp Shack via a Google search and joined up in May. SimpleCrafter, are you out there today??? I want to tell you that I love the cards you've posted in the gallery and hope we see more from YOU!!! Smiles from Nebraska! :)

mjbonoan
10-06-2007, 02:12 PM
That's a great idea... I've learned so much from the profiles, but what about those that don't wish to share anything with us... some of the members here have been here for some time now and they don't even have addresses on their profiles. How do we send them bday cards??? I see that as a lack of trust, being that I feel very safe in this site, Sherry along with the other moderators have made it safe for all of us an still you have those that don't share their info... That really saddens me!!!

Spartymom
10-06-2007, 02:25 PM
I just met Veronica! I've seen her post a few times, but wanted to get to know her better. She lives in Virginia beach but her heart belongs in Canada! She's a retail store manager and loves to stamp and scrapbook. Take a look at Veronica's signature.It's pretty cool.

scrappinnuts
10-06-2007, 02:54 PM
I choose "Aunt Sooz" Susan Suiki...I know she live in WA with a Big DOg (Akita/Husky) named Kuma...she loves papercrafting and daubbles in quilting...and she must be a lurker cause she has 0 posts...COME OUT, COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE...

maxiesmom
10-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Well how fun, I found out that members Beans and Bitzybeka have the same birthday July 26. That bitzybeka is loobylou's cousin and she needs to put her name in her profile too! She has her address, but no name!
Come and visit with us ladies!

ccstampin12
10-06-2007, 03:27 PM
I just checked Cindi's profile.
I learned quite a bit in a very short while.
She is a top poster with 6,232 posts.
She was born the year I graduated from High School (that makes me OLD!)
She loves to craft and she loves her kitties.
She is a cosmetologist.
She loves swimming and gardening in addition to paper crafts and prim crafts.
She lives in Bangor, Maine...which isn't so far from me, as the crow flies~
HUGS to Cindi!
Joanie:laugh:

JBgreendawn
10-06-2007, 09:32 PM
i chose to learn about Michelle {3 Darlings } today and her siggy photo gives me goose bumps... ( i have a niece who could be her twin if she died her hair red haha) and so, i learned that she is my age, has three children and just became a grandma. woah. :)

Vintagegal
10-06-2007, 09:41 PM
She and I have responded to each other's threads once-in-awhile, but I haven't had a chance to really get to know Yvonne. She lives near where I grew up (San Francisco Bay Area). She loves to scrap and stamp. She is married with two kids. Her astrological sign is Aquarius (I looked it up. LOL!) And, she has a beautiful smile and she's so nice to everyone. ;)

Jailbirdstamper
10-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Just HOW DOES the Wicked Witch of the West take a shower?

:arghh:I don't know I just can't figure it out! tee hee

Jailbirdstamper
10-06-2007, 09:57 PM
I checked out Whoopsie Daisy (because it is my fav flower)

She is a stay home mom to two boys and has a husband named Kevin and a cat named Mia. She lives in CA. and is a SU demo! She also has an *amazing* gallery!

Jailbirdstamper
10-06-2007, 10:00 PM
That's a great idea... I've learned so much from the profiles, but what about those that don't wish to share anything with us... some of the members here have been here for some time now and they don't even have addresses on their profiles. How do we send them bday cards??? I see that as a lack of trust, being that I feel very safe in this site, Sherry along with the other moderators have made it safe for all of us an still you have those that don't share their info... That really saddens me!!!

I can only speak for myself, but I didn't know (until Jan told me) that we could add our address here.... I've only been on really big sites and felt like a number on the big big sites, so I didn't think anyone would want to know anything about lil' ol' me on the Shack - until Jan asked after I was put on the CT! So maybe they just don't know it's an option?

Canadian, eh
10-06-2007, 10:03 PM
I chose the gal above me in the Member List. Caboverdel1 has two boys and one girl. She was born on Valentine's Day and works as a rehab counsellor. Caboverdel1 collects coach purses. Yah, I didn't know what they were either so I googled and here's what I found http://www.coach.com/content/CollectionList.aspx?categoryId=365&child=414. I have fallen in love with these purses too!

Jailbirdstamper
10-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Icoach purses. Yah, I didn't know what they were either so I googled and here's what I found http://www.coach.com/content/CollectionList.aspx?categoryId=365&child=414. I have fallen in love with these purses too!

uh oh - I really like those! hold on to my credit card!

directmailscrapper
10-06-2007, 10:13 PM
I just picked hbpuppy -- Heather. I randomly picked a letter (H obviously) and then chose Heather.

Heather and I have alot in common when it comes to stamps -- we both like Penny Black and Stamps by Judith.

She sounds active! She likes kayaking, biking and running -- when she isn't making terrific cards.

She has 2 dogs -- Moses and Paris. She lives in Orange County, CA.

Hi Heather!

Nancy

IMBlessed5
10-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I picked suzi_f since she lives in Illinois (like me) and her birthday is in October (like me) ;)

She got married in '89 and has 2 children as well as Jack da cat. http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/tiere/g075.gif
She loves any color combo with pink (me too!) and loves stamping, scrapping and sleeping (me too!)
And she's a baker for a local school district. (me no baker! LOL)

hbpuppy
10-07-2007, 12:24 AM
First of all, hi back Nancy. Thanks for choosing me. :)

I picked mamagus/Kelly. She's married and has 4 kids. She's very involved with her kids' activities. She lives in South Dakota and works in a small cafe. She enjoys scrapbooking and stamping. She joined the Shack in January. Hi Kelly.

loobylou
10-07-2007, 07:08 AM
I chose Tojoco (Joanne) because she is the first person i ever received a RAK from at the Shack.
Joanne lives in Tennessee, is married with a gorgeous son called Corey, and she is a typesetter, and our resident Shack Talk Newsletter editor.

I also did a bit of detective work and found out that Joanne is a Reality show junkie and is particularly fond of "The Apprentice"

tesschap
10-07-2007, 08:50 AM
I chose Sweetpea (Mary) because her birthday is two days after mine. (hmmm - mine isn't listed on the calendar)! Sweetpea lives in Utah, a state I hope to visit some day. She is retired and loves brads and paper flowers - same as me :)

Glad to get to know you Sweetpea.

iloveflipflops
10-07-2007, 08:54 AM
I chose IslandStamps. Her real name is Brenda and she lives in British Columbia, Canada. She loves to stamp, knit and crochet. She has a knitting blog and has knitted a pair of beautiful socks.

And that is Brenda :)

TiikkiStars
10-07-2007, 01:35 PM
I picked outbackcreative. She's brand new to this site, joined on the 18th of last month, but has no posts.....so here's to hoping she comes back and plays! She had a birthday last month. She was born in Vancouver Canada, married to an Australian for 14 years, and has 3 kids. She now lives in Victoria, Australia. This caught my eye because Vancouver is where DH and I honeymooned and Victoria is our daughter's name!!
:> Karen

mdcash
10-07-2007, 01:51 PM
I chose to learn about:
Cheri (ctinyjoy), she joined in 10/06, is the same age as me (43), has been married for 20 yrs and has 3 boys. She lives on the opposite side of the US (she's in FL), Cheri also likes cross stitch and reading as well as stamping. She works as a city clerk and likes Bazzill, Daisy D's, Basic Grey and SU c/s and paper. And last but not least, Cheri, likes primas, brads and those little Robin's Nest embellies.

Christie
10-07-2007, 02:31 PM
I chose Nadine. I see her on all the time but know much about her. Here it goes:
She lives in Saint John, NB (I really don't know where that is)
She is 28
She likes Stamping, scrapping, altering, reading
She is a Marketing Associate
she has a wonderful picture of herself with a lovely smile!!

This was a fun idea!!!

threefriends91
10-07-2007, 02:33 PM
l picked Toao, who is Mary, she has a daughter and lives in Ttenton Florida, she loves Scrapbooking, Cardmaking, rubberstamps,and Photography. Mary also loves sappy movies, her birthday is March 29 (great month its mine too LOL) and she is an outgoing dedicated Christian. l picked her today because l just started last week to take a look at everyones blogs, because l wanted to get to know everyone better and it just happens that the day l picked her blog l was down and her blog really helped lift me up, l'm looking forward to reading everyones blog, l'm doing one a day. thanks this was fun

toao
10-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Rookie Card Maker, and this is what I found:

Interests:
I'm a "craft-a-holic!" I've got supplies all but hanging from the rafters!
Assistant Manager in Receipts Department of Wycliffe Bible Translators

She's in Florida and I hope she'll post in the forums so we can get to know her better. Looks like a week since she's been on here.

Mary

toao
10-07-2007, 03:25 PM
l picked Toao, who is Mary, she has a daughter and lives in Ttenton Florida, she loves Scrapbooking, Cardmaking, rubberstamps,and Photography. Mary also loves sappy movies, her birthday is March 29 (great month its mine too LOL) and she is an outgoing dedicated Christian. l picked her today because l just started last week to take a look at everyones blogs, because l wanted to get to know everyone better and it just happens that the day l picked her blog l was down and her blog really helped lift me up, l'm looking forward to reading everyones blog, l'm doing one a day. thanks this was fun

I'm glad my blog gave you the lift you needed at the time. It's funny that I posted right below you and then I went back and read what everyone else wrote. I hope to get to know you better! :cute:

Mary

Mere Deaux
10-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Ok I have choosen Stacy - JBgreendawn. I have learned she lives very close to where I lived growing up. I lived in Medford, OR. She also has a birthday coming up at the end of this month. I love her cards - all of them. However, she has not posted new ones for awhile. All that I know about Stacy from forums, etc. tells me she is a very nice person and someone I would like to know better.

Jailbirdstamper
10-07-2007, 04:59 PM
I chose Alison because I have a daughter named Ally (Allyson):

She likes Papertrey (and others) and I just got my first PT set and her favorite embellishments are ribbons and punches!

mom_on_line
10-07-2007, 10:31 PM
I pick Chris (mydogstinks2), because her birthday's the same date as our daughter (just a year difference!) and your screen name cracks me up every time I see it.

Hope I remeber this right, but she has a little boy, and dogs(!), stamper (longer than me, I'm sure!) and has many posts!

And thanks, Ethel for picking me! I've been way too busy lately but have bookmarked your blog so I can see your quilts!