PDA

View Full Version : These Magnolia stamps I got this month are truly challenging for me ...

iloveflipflops
10-07-2007, 08:32 AM
I got 4 main images ....

mermaid
boy with a santa hat holding not sure what
girl sitting
girl holding a tray of heart shaped cookies

I just stare at them all not knowing what to do ... lol

Oh well, hopefully something will come to me ... I am really stumped on the mermaid one ....

tesschap
10-07-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry you're struggling with these images Sherri but I know you will come up with something wonderful for each of them. Mermaids live in water so what kind of blue backgroud could you create to put her in? Maybe use an alcohol ink or shaving cream technique or something resembling a reef and place her in it?

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Good luck.

dreis1
10-07-2007, 09:24 AM
How about a cuddlebug bubble b/g, then put she besides a bathtub full of bubbles. Thats why I don't to these things. I have too many duh moments. But you Sherri will come thru with shinning colors. Glinda

mydogstinks2
10-07-2007, 09:30 AM
When you do make something with them can you show us?? I like the idea of the mermaid by a bath tub. Can you use other stamps or just what they send?? I guess I'm no help just more questions!!:wub:

smileycollector
10-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Sherri! I was thinking about YOU yesterday and wondered where you were. :) May I suggest you just take ONE stamp at a time and post a card for the challenges today? You can do it!! :)

iloveflipflops
10-07-2007, 09:58 AM
The mermaid is actually sitting on a rock but I suppose I could cut out the rock .... I am allowed to add other stamps as well but I am supposed to use the cardstock they sent me.... so let me get busy!!

iloveflipflops
10-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Ok ... I just posted 2 cards in the gallery. Tell me what you think :)

tesschap
10-07-2007, 10:56 AM
They both came out great.

loobylou
10-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Sherri, I think you should send them a sachet of your hot chocolate mix in with your cards when you return them. I love the hot choc card, The other one is a little dark on my screen. I can't see what colour the cookies are....

I can see these stamps would be great for Bag toppers for Christmas cookies and cocoa mix gifts.
Can you show us the stamp of the Christmas boy with something in his hand please?- i want to help you see what it is.

Canadian, eh
10-07-2007, 12:09 PM
For the mermaid, I see more of an altered style card with blue and green alcohol ink background. I would then add blue/green fibre. Just a thought. Good luck.

MnMommy2
10-07-2007, 05:44 PM
I am in the same boat Sherri!
I just stamped them all out a minute ago, because i didn't know what they were.

I have:

a snowflake grouping
a girl sitting on her tummy, legs up, she's kneeling on her hands/elbows
A boy holding something? lol (must be the same image Sherri!)
a lantern
a chimney block
a girl with a profile view holding a lantern
a tree branch/bush

I got different colored raffia
lots of misc flower embellies
Christmas and Halloween paper!