PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice....

BeckyButtshaw
11-22-2006, 11:44 AM
this is sooo not stamping related, but I need some help. My neighbor came to me yesterday and basically her life has been turned upside down. I'm wondering if any of you have any idea what I can do for her? She has 2 small children and I've offered to take them any time she needs, but it just doesn't seem like enough. (her husband has gone into rehab and she found out he was having an affair) My heart is broken for her-I just don't know what to do. thanks guys;)

inkinupstamps
11-22-2006, 11:52 AM
listen. You are so sweet that I know you'll see physical things you might be able to help her with, but the biggest "thing" is your friendship, support, shoulder and ear.

She's fortunate to have you!

lost luggage
11-22-2006, 11:54 AM
I agree. Sometimes we get too caught up in having to do physical things and to buy things for people. Just comfort her. That's the best :)

tojoco
11-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Becky, the best thing you can do for her is be there for when she needs a shoulder to cry on. You probably don't even have to say anything to her; just listen. It's going to be hard for her through the holidays. This will come easy for you as you are the best a friend could have. Good luck!

iloveflipflops
11-22-2006, 12:03 PM
I am thinking the same thing Becky. Just being there for her will help her tremendously. Maybe invite her and the kids over for dinner one night. That would probably help. Especially during the holiday season, it will so hard...

midnitecreations
11-22-2006, 02:37 PM
will help. A good cup of coffee/tea and a ear willing to listen will go a long way in helping her recover. renu

workin4stamps
11-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Yep! I agree with the others. She probably just needs someone to talk to more than anything!!!! Be there for her, check in on her from time to time with a "how ya doin?" and let her know that you are there to help her....no matter what that help would be....Big hugs to you!!!!!!! You're a great friend!

Traci

stampcrazyjulie
11-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Becky...Is this Neighbor a member? I would say that you are already doing a lot for her just being there & being a Friend. Sometimes that is all that is needed. She may be embarrassed & does not want to ask for anything, but keep offering & leave it up to her if she accepts or declines your help.

Good Luck, and know that you are appreciated I am sure! :)

teabear
11-22-2006, 08:03 PM
I agree with everyone else, and I would take supper over once in a while. I'm a big believer in taking food to someone in need of help and support. I don't know if it really helps, but I was raised that way. It seems in the darkest hours of life we don't remember to eat unless somebody reminds us. I remember those who have done that for me when I needed it and I still count my blessings for them.