PDA

View Full Version : Are your finger nails manicured?

flyingflower
10-09-2007, 03:23 PM
I was noticing how many ladies that I work with have long lacquered nails. Mine, on the other hand, are short and often stained with ink.

emmcee
10-09-2007, 04:03 PM
I have short stubby fingers. They are not elegant for piano playing, and long fingernails get in the way of typing and just in general usage. But I think painted tapered fingernails (not too long) are so pretty. It just isn't me.

ChristyR
10-09-2007, 04:28 PM
nope....some long some short I never take the time to paint them. I don't go and get them done and every time i ATTEMPT to paint them it turns out looking like "poop" as Erin would say. I don't take the time for them to dry so i always end up smudging them. :( oh well maybe one day i will go and get a manicure. I have had the tips put on before and they look great I just don't like when they come off and my nails are super thin. :)

Caboverde1
10-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I get a manicure and pedicure at least every 2 weeks...I am sooooo not into "fake" nails any more...they are sooooo not me...when I have an itch I sooooo like to scratch it and those nails dont let you scratch right. They are bueatiful...but just not my cup of tea. I sometimes get them done when im going on vacation...but I hate it the whole time...I dont think I will even do that anymore!

TOnii

maxiesmom
10-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Nope, can't be bothered! I do keep them neat though.

tesschap
10-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Nope - when they get jagged I try to trim them up but thats about it. Most of my co-workers have weekly manicures, pedicures, facials, massages, and spend their expense checks on designer suits & shoes. I spend my extra $$ on my family and stamping supplies! I try to keep my nails fairly short so they don't look bad but hey - I'm a paper artist - and I am proud that my hands show it!

stampinmom3
10-09-2007, 05:41 PM
OH, gosh now. Not now. They are bitten back-but hope to let them grow again soon..

prdesigns
10-09-2007, 05:45 PM
I, once again, am too frugal. I probably get a pedicure every couple of months (more so in the summer)....my nails grow nicely, but I'm a cleaner, so too many chemicals and dish pan hands here!

IMBlessed5
10-09-2007, 06:01 PM
I've only had one manicure in my life, and that was for my friends wedding. It's what she did for us bridesmaids. It was nice, but I wouldn't splurge on it again. Too many other splurges I like! LOL!

TiikkiStars
10-09-2007, 06:13 PM
I've also only had one manicure in my life, and that was for my wedding back in 2000!!! If I want my nails painted, I do it. But, most of the time for me, its just a pain in the tuckous since it chips so quickly, that I only do it maybe once a year. And as for my toes, the polish lasts a lot longer, so I will paint my toenails maybe a couple of times during the summer, but that's about it.

I'm LOUSY at painting nails and always manage to get it all over the place. But, I figured out a trick. I paint them as best as I can. And then, when I put the top coat on, I overpaint with it, making sure to get extra top coat on any part of my cuticle or skin that I managed to get it on while painting my toe nails. Then let them dry...overnight. In the morning, when I take my shower, the overpainted parts that are on my skin, just peel off in the water!!!!!! And my pedicures look pretty good then.......and nobody is the wiser.........well, if you all will keep my secret!!! lol

:> Karen

Oh yea...........I love having ink on my hands!!! It always means that I had time to play!!!

Christie
10-09-2007, 07:27 PM
I use to keep my nails manicured all the time. Spend so much money on that it's not funny! After a while I just got tired of keeping them up. I haven't had it done in about 6 years now! Much easier without them, I don't have to worry about getting ink on them or breaking them when crafting.

cindi
10-09-2007, 07:28 PM
wel, except Toni..thank GOD!
LOL
My toenails are always awesome..my fingernails are very thin & weak so they are pretty short. they just stick up over the tips on my fingers..a great crafting length by the way!
some days my nails are painted with a color..others with just a clear strengthener.
c'mon girls..treat yourselves every once in a while..and don't even get me going on the health benefits of monthly pedicures!
:)

Erin K
10-09-2007, 08:08 PM
I want a pedicure, someone come watch my boys so I can get one.

workin4stamps
10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Oh my goodness! I do NOT have time for that! My fingernails are usually somewhat long, but not painted. When they get too long, I don't fret about cutting them back!

:-)
Traci

countrycowgirl
10-09-2007, 09:41 PM
I have long nails that are french manicured but they are all real... not fake I do my nails every Sunday night... nail polish remover removes all the ink too! It last me Mon - Fri through work until I stamp again on Saturday... and redo my nails on Sunday.

smileycollector
10-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Goodness, I am honestly surprised by the responses. Cindi, I'll keep you in business! LoL :) For me, I feel better if my nails are polished and look nice...and getting a pedicure is luxurious! If I didn't work full-time I wouldn't be able to afford it, so I guess that's one benefit of working...although, I would rather stay home in my stampin room all day! :)

tesschap
10-09-2007, 09:52 PM
wel, except Toni..thank GOD!
LOL
My toenails are always awesome..my fingernails are very thin & weak so they are pretty short. they just stick up over the tips on my fingers..a great crafting length by the way!
some days my nails are painted with a color..others with just a clear strengthener.
c'mon girls..treat yourselves every once in a while..and don't even get me going on the health benefits of monthly pedicures!
I'd like to get a pedicure after my 60 mile walk in November. I was given a certificate for a pedicure and a swedish massage after last years walk. It expires the end of October and I can't have a pedicure this close to the walk so I gave the certificates to Drew's gf. Wanna come to the Adirondacks in mid November?

cindi
10-09-2007, 10:02 PM
I'd like to get a pedicure after my 60 mile walk in November. I was given a certificate for a pedicure and a swedish massage after last years walk. It expires the end of October and I can't have a pedicure this close to the walk so I gave the certificates to Drew's gf. Wanna come to the Adirondacks in mid November?

you pay my travel expenses & I'll come over!!!! then we can stamp together, after!

Inkisallover
10-09-2007, 10:13 PM
My nails are finally starting to look almost nice since I retired last year (meat cutter). I don't usually paint them, maybe clear for special occassions. My dd and I did a girly day and had a manicure and pedicure, lunch, shopping... But I could hardly sit still because my feet are ticklish. The guy was NOT amused. Oh well...

loobylou
10-09-2007, 10:13 PM
They are not perfect, but I work with paints and inks all day at work and wash my hands a lot
I can't keep polish on for more than a day without it looking awful.
So here thay are "au natural" right now!

Scrap This!
10-09-2007, 10:33 PM
no, I am one of those horrible nail biters.

shuggy
10-09-2007, 10:38 PM
i'm definately a short fingernail girl. my fingers look hideous with polish!! i used to be a nail biter until i started being a nurse...ick.

mdcash
10-09-2007, 10:44 PM
I keep my nails short and clean with clear polish. One of my many hats is that of a Manicurist. I don't do acrylic nails any more. I work in a salon that specializes in "natural" beauty. Sometimes it is hard to keep my nails in check though. I do love a pedicure and treat myself at least once a month.

Firecracker
10-09-2007, 10:58 PM
I have never had a manicure. Why spend money on that when you can buy stamps!!! Hugs, Heather

directmailscrapper
10-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Nope -- but my toes are pretty! My fingers are short and stubby and my nails just aren't nice.

ellie
10-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Right now, I have acrylic nails -just over the tip of my finger...not long. I go through phases. I have short, fat, fingers and I feel like having tips makes them look a little longer.

mjbonoan
10-10-2007, 01:26 AM
I just took the acrylic of my nails or started too, some have it on some don't some and then there are some of my finger nails that are half acrylic half my thin nails. I usually keep them done, but it was costing me over $125 per month to keep them looking nice. I may do them again over the holidays. I found this really great guy who does them super thin, like mine and I can scratch really good!!! My nails are always done in red!

flyingflower
10-10-2007, 08:22 AM
I think our next shack gathering should include a manicure and/or pedicure! I'll bet if we all "pay" cindi, it would cover her travel expenses and be less $ for each of us. And we can share tricks of getting different types of ink off our hands - LOL.

cindi
10-10-2007, 10:22 AM
I think our next shack gathering should include a manicure and/or pedicure! I'll bet if we all "pay" cindi, it would cover her travel expenses and be less $ for each of us. And we can share tricks of getting different types of ink off our hands - LOL.

I like that idea!!
loll

threefriends91
10-10-2007, 10:30 AM
no my nails are a mess, l did have them done when l worked but that was a few years ago LOL

buggainok
10-10-2007, 01:20 PM
It's the luck of the "genetic draw". I got good hair and nails from my mother.

My hair and nails grow so fast, I would spend all my time getting haircuts and manicures - but I have learned to do it myself!

I keep my nails long and polished classic red. People always ask if they are fake, but they are real. I usually give myself a manicure once a week or so.

hutchink
10-10-2007, 01:38 PM
No manicure for me! I have not time or energy for the that! Plus I always have ink or paint on my hands! I wish I had nice nails!

Patty
10-10-2007, 05:37 PM
I do have my nails done approx every 2 or 3 weeks. It loos more professional in the office. Not sure what I will do when I retire. Without the manicure (silk), my nails are awful--they split and break, so my hands would be ugly! I really enjoy having it done. It's one of my treats! Pedicures maybe once a month or so.

Erin K
10-10-2007, 07:50 PM
my nails are stupid and tear if I grow them more than a teeny bit past the tip of my finger, when they get to tearing length I cut them down because torn nails feel soo horrible.

No polish it doesn't stay on, not even when I get it done at the salon, it just sorta falls off in like one day, not sure what's up with that.

I love a pedicure, I need one really bad right now. I get the polish with that, but it falls off too then I go bare. They always scold me that I cut my toenails too short, but if they are longer I can feel them on my sheets ya know? Also they tear too.

it's poop.

iloveflipflops
10-10-2007, 07:53 PM
I've had 1 manicure in my life and 1 pedicure in my life. The pedicure was absolute torture as it tickled so much I just laughed and laughed. It was horrible. Maybe I will have try it again. I am sure I was a sight to see!! LOL

JBgreendawn
10-10-2007, 10:56 PM
okay so, my nails (8)( natural ) of them are usually long, but i wear clear polish on all of them I am a do-it-myselfer though...
and then my index fingers are shorter. ( I very rarely have them long i tend to use those two fingers the wrong way too much) and its not worth the cost of wraps to me... oh and i usually have an ink stain somewhere on them too... :)