PDA

View Full Version : Rowdy Is Gone...

mjbonoan
10-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Since his accident in May we have to keep my doggie either tied up or in his crate. Last night at about 11 he started crying so I let him lose so he could go potty. I watched him play for a while, acting silly as usual, then before I knew it he was gone and he's been gone since then. Routine is that he goes out for a while and then comes back and gets tied up again, he waits for me to tie him, never gives me a hard time... he knows the routine. Well, not last night... I'm devastated... I haven't slept a wink, I keep going outside and calling his name, Mike and I went out looking for him at about 3 am and nothing. He's no where in site, we even checked the highway around us to see if he'd gotten run over and nothing... I'm going back out as soon as it's daylight!:cry2:

Please say a prayer so we find him safe!

UPDATE 7:15 a.m.: He's home!!!

Christie
10-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Oh no. I'm sure that he is just being teenager and rebeling against being tied up. Maybe once you find him, I"m sure you'll find him or he'll come home on his own, you can put up a fenced in area to keep him in so he can run and play like before. I will say a little prayer that you find him.

inkinupstamps
10-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Oh Mary Jayne, I'm so sorry! Let's hope once it is daylight you'll find dear Rowdy curled asleep and waiting for you someplace close by!

My3Ds
10-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Oh Mary Jayne - I'm hoping he's home safe and sound this a.m. I know you are very worried.

workin4stamps
10-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Oh my goodness! Mary Jayne please keep us posted. You must be worried sick! If I lived closer I would come and help you look for him!

HUGS!
Traci

iloveflipflops
10-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Oh No. How scary !!! I hope you find him soon. Poor little guy!!

logcabincreations
10-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Maybe he found another doggie to play with. I pray he returns today.

tesschap
10-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Oh no. I will pray for Rowdy and you all day. I hope you find him. Sending you big HUGS.

stampinmom3
10-11-2007, 07:58 AM
OH no! I hope and pray that you find your boy soon! Please keep us updated!!

jazzypurple853
10-11-2007, 08:00 AM
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you find him safe and sound.

ccstampin12
10-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Oh, MJ,
My stomach is in a knot just thinking about how you're feeling. I hope he returns today after his adventure.
HUGS
Joanie

mahodgman
10-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Oh no! I'm sure he will come home. Is he neutered? If he isn't, he is probably off doing boy things.

mjbonoan
10-11-2007, 08:14 AM
My Crazy Dog Just Got Home!!! He Must Have Had A Night On The Town... He's Not Neutered... I Wonder If It's Too Late To Do That, He Just Turned One!!!

He's Going To Sleep All Day And I Haven't Slept A Wink!!! And Off To Work I Go!

mahodgman
10-11-2007, 08:25 AM
My Crazy Dog Just Got Home!!! He Must Have Had A Night On The Town... He's Not Neutered... I Wonder If It's Too Late To Do That, He Just Turned One!!!

Nope, it is not too late to get him neutered. They can't help themselves when those hormones take over! He must have smelled a female in heat.

emmcee
10-11-2007, 08:30 AM
So glad he's home!!! After he gets rested up from his night out on the town, take that boy to the vet and get him fixed. LOL.

My son-in-law installed an invisible fence around the circumference of our yard and Levi wears that special collar that shocks him when he gets too close to the fence. Levi only had to be shocked a couple of times and he knows the boundaries. It's so funny to watch him go tearing off in the yard after another dog in the street and when he comes to his boundary,he puts his brakes on and comes skidding to a stop. You can see a little cloud of dust when he puts his brakes on, but he doesn't leave the yard ever. The other dogs can come in the yard, but they can't convince Levi to leave his yard.

ellie
10-11-2007, 09:50 AM
MJ, when I saw your post my heart sunk....after all you have been through. I was praying that he has found a girlfriend....then I was so relieved to read your second post....give him a squeeze from me!

mdcash
10-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Oh Mary, I hope you find him. Maybe someone took him in since it was late at night. Be sure to call your local animal control/spca and see if anyone has "found" him. I will cross my fingers and keep you in my thoughts.

workin4stamps
10-11-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm so relieved for you!!!!

Traci

mdcash
10-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Okay, so I should have read all of the posts before I posted. I am so glad that Rowdy is home.

JBgreendawn
10-11-2007, 10:37 AM
oh my gosh im so relieved,
whew, dont know about the fixing age limit, but maybe the good vet can tell you, think its just it could be a little harder for him to recup from it then a younger puppy would? but not certain about that one...

{{{ HUGS!! }}}

My3Ds
10-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I'm glad the little guy is home. Now tell him we'll have no more of this behavior.

Robinkay
10-11-2007, 10:41 AM
OMG I got here just in time to read that he is home! Thank goodness. I hope he doesnt do that again. Here at our county radio station we have a show everyday called pet rescue and you call in to tell them a description of your pet to see if anyone has them. Or if maybe you found a pet and need to find the owners.
I have only had to use it once.

toao
10-11-2007, 10:42 AM
So glad he's back.

Mary

hutchink
10-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Glad he is back home! I think it is time to get him fixed!!!! Hope you get some sleep soon!

hbpuppy
10-11-2007, 11:22 AM
OMG that would scare me to death if one of my boys did that. Mine are both fixed. I had Moses fixed at 6 months and Paris was fixed when he was 2. My ex put off fixing Paris because he thought he might breed him.

I know Tami's dog is in heat, maybe it's that time of the year.

cindi
10-11-2007, 11:26 AM
thank goodness....I know how much you love him.
so is he smoking a ciggarette & looking very satisfied with life???
lol
:)

flyingflower
10-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Heather, you mean to tell me Rowdy went to visit Tami's gal?! LOL

mom_on_line
10-11-2007, 11:35 AM

Cindi, thanks for making me clean my monitor.....:)

Glad Rowdy made it home safely!

inkinupstamps
10-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Mary Jayne, I'm sooooooo relieved for you! Well, young Mr. Rowdy had quite the night, eh? And giving you worries too.

I'm so relieved for you that he's home safe and sound.

And it is NOT too late to have him neutered. He's more "mature" than a young pup being neutered so his healing will be perhaps a bit longer but it is best thing for him AND for you. Male dogs who have not been neutered have one thing and one thing only on their minds!

Scrap This!
10-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I am glad he is home.

ccstampin12
10-11-2007, 12:55 PM
lol
:)

Cindi! That is so funny!!!!!!
LOLOLOL:biglaugh:
Joanie

ccstampin12
10-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Oh, AND I'm SOOOOOO happy Rowdy is home!
There may be Little Rowdys around one of these days!
You may be slapped with a doggy paternity suit! LOL
He certainly lives up to his name!!!!
Get some rest after work!
Joanie

threefriends91
10-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh l pray that you find him today, yes please keep us updated and l'll keep praying

ChristyR
10-11-2007, 03:25 PM
awesome Mary Jane I am soo glad to hear you found Rowdy :)

MyRnAbS
10-11-2007, 05:21 PM
OMG!! Shane! Don't scare me like this!! I'm glad he's back home (eventhough he hates me), but for your sake i'm glad. BTW, is it at all possible that you call me at home? I"m here now, and I've tried calling you to no avail! Please call me!! pLease please please!

maxiesmom
10-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh my gosh, I know I'm late to the party, have been having computer issues. I am so glad to hear he is ok and just had himself a good old time and nothing bad happened to him.

tesschap
10-11-2007, 05:53 PM

Whew - I'm so glad that he's home! I hope you have an easy day at work and can get home early to take a nap!

Paula Carden
10-11-2007, 06:55 PM
I am so glad he came back!!
Pets are family and we worry about them too.

JBgreendawn
10-11-2007, 08:09 PM
you know, i dont know if you know this but, if you do take that rascal Rowdy in to be fixed, you may want to ask about an microchip. ( they stick these under the skin like between the front shoulder blades on their backs ) and if dog control or a vet can scan them for the chip and it tells them he's yours and you'd get a phone call to pick him up...??? like if his collar fell off and they couldnt read the tags?

mjbonoan
10-12-2007, 12:01 AM
you know, i dont know if you know this but, if you do take that rascal Rowdy in to be fixed, you may want to ask about an microchip. ( they stick these under the skin like between the front shoulder blades on their backs ) and if dog control or a vet can scan them for the chip and it tells them he's yours and you'd get a phone call to pick him up...??? like if his collar fell off and they couldnt read the tags?

I was thinking about that myself... I will ask the vet. That would be a great thing!!!

Erin K
10-12-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm so glad you had the update when I saw this! Rowdy is the best!

I'd definately chip him, if I get a dog I'm gonna get it a chip

Vintagegal
10-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Mary Jayne, I'm glad to see it all worked out in the end. Whew!