PDA

View Full Version : Domino duds

HeatherJ
10-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I have made a few domino necklaces in the past and used Pinata Alcohol re-inkers to colour them. Covered them with Crystal Effects, no problems. Last night I wanted to use a Ranger Re-inker because had the perfect colour and I used the Blender Solution to get a great effect! I stamped on it with Stazon. All went well until I sealed it with the Crystal Effects. It took the ink off in big blotches! I was so surprised. I had coloured two of them so tried a light dusting of Krylon spray to seal the other one. I could see a bit of white where the ink was gone but not much. Whew..... but what if I had put more spray on, would it have lifted too?

So..... after that long beginning, (sorry!) have you experienced that before? Was it the blender solution that did me in, or are Ranger re-inkers not great when they need to be sealed?

inkinupstamps
10-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Heather, I'm not sure what the answer is. I used Krylon spray on mine and it worked well. I did use several coats but the first coat was just a very light spray. Then with additional topcoats I added more.

Did you rough up the surface of the domino before you began so that the surface had a bit of tooth for the ink to grab?

HeatherJ
10-11-2007, 07:18 PM
On the first ones I made, I think I did bleach them since I had read that somewhere. But for these I didn't because I read somewhere else that it was not necessary. Maybe that is the difference! I never thought of that. thanks!

mjbonoan
10-12-2007, 12:04 AM
I just bought a batch of bamboo tiles and got a domino set as a gift from Kim.. I can hardly wait to try them!!! Plus I just went out and bought a brand new dremel and drill press to make my own holes. Does anyone have pictures of their domino creations... I'm clueless as to how to start! I did one also and the crystal effects I used messed up my stamped image!