PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any stamping tools that you love but for whatever reason you seem to

iloveflipflops
11-22-2006, 03:07 PM
never use it????

I love my slit punch by Stampin Up but everytime I use it, I have the hardest time lining everything up that i waste so much paper and i get frustrated and have to start over....

I just made a card with it (while my turkey #1 is cooking) and it took me 3 times to get it lined up right.

I wonder if there is a secret to this punch... it should not be this hard. lol

workin4stamps
11-22-2006, 03:10 PM
are you using it upside down? I use mine upside down so I can "see" where I'm punching.

Traci

inkinupstamps
11-22-2006, 03:19 PM
LOL - after a lot of paper waste it finally dawned on me (in a real DUH moment) that I just needed to see the punch working. :worried:

Anyway, Sherri try it Traci's way. It is a whole lot easier. However...Traci...why didn't you tell me this when I bought it?! :huh: (JK)

workin4stamps
11-22-2006, 03:22 PM
you know, I think I just kinda figured that one out myself not too long ago!!

They say that necessity is the mother of invention, right??? LOL

Traci

teabear
11-22-2006, 05:06 PM
I bought an EK corner slit punch recently and after lotssss of messes, I figured out that the paper that fits inside the slots has to 1/2" smaller all around to fit properly. I wrote it on the punch with a sharpie so I won't forget. It is easier to punch straight upside down too.

workin4stamps
11-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Sherri----did you see this?? Does this help at all?

Traci

iloveflipflops
11-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Yes I see all the suggestions. I do punch it upside down but I need to figure out how much bigger it needs to be than the other paper...

workin4stamps
11-22-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm not sure what you're asking. What are you trying to use it for? Can you send me a picture of something that you're referring to.?
Traci