PDA

View Full Version : Gabe-y Baby and reform school

inkinupstamps
10-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Oh dear...I think Gabe is going to end up in puppy reform school ! He should have had to wear a dunce cap last night at obedience school. Sigh.... the lad just does not pay attention.

Oh he is sweet and loveable and cute, cute, cute but he just wants to socialize with all of the people and other dogs. His attention span to my commands is about a nano-second! :huh:

At home he sits, heels, stays, down, release on command. Get him with everyone else and the tail just wags and he's looking for hugs from people and licks from other dogs.

I think we'll be sending him to reform school........

cindi
10-12-2007, 02:47 PM
poor Gabe..he's just a party animal!
hopefully he will get better...it's so important for dogs especially big ones to be well behaved.
Good luck and keep us posted. I love hearing your doggie "tails"
:)

teabear
10-12-2007, 02:54 PM
LOL! At least you are in class doing the right thing. He's such a gorgeous pup.

My3Ds
10-12-2007, 03:08 PM
He's a boy and that's what boys do -- animal or human. Let's just hope he doesn't take off like Rowdy did. No cigarettes for him :)

iloveflipflops
10-12-2007, 03:44 PM
He is not alone. I took Ladybug to some obedience training and it was held in this parking lot and we all parked our cars nearby. Ladybug was about 5 months old at the time. She was so scared of all the cars, I had to practically drag her around. Ladybug would not do anything the other dogs were doing and it drove me crazy. She flunked out but now that she is 8 yo, it is ok. She listens finally now. HA HA

Poor Gabe!!

threefriends91
10-12-2007, 03:55 PM
My girl friend took her dog to traing school and after seeing him and the changes l told my HB as soon as we move to a house we are getting a dog and l will be taking him to traing school. Gabe only needs a little help he is such a sweety

workin4stamps
10-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Well he can be in the same class with Colby then, because Colby is exactly the same way! STILL. Colby will be a year old next week, and he has NO attention span. I have to remind him to do his business when he's outside, because he goes out there and "forgets" what he's gone out to do! The grass is quite a distraction, you know??? He also acts like a complete whacko around people. He is a perfect angel when it's just "us", but if anyone else comes around, forget it!

The vet says he will get better in time, so I'm sure it will be the same for Gabe!

:-)
Traci

Christie
10-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Awww he can't help himself!! He is just having to much fun. I bet it's cute to see him be so loveable!

inkinupstamps
10-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Well he can be in the same class with Colby then, because Colby is exactly the same way! STILL. Colby will be a year old next week, and he has NO attention span. I have to remind him to do his business when he's outside, because he goes out there and "forgets" what he's gone out to do! The grass is quite a distraction, you know??? He also acts like a complete whacko around people. He is a perfect angel when it's just "us", but if anyone else comes around, forget it!

The vet says he will get better in time, so I'm sure it will be the same for Gabe!

:-)
Traci

Gabe is going to get the old "snip snip" (neutered) in 5 weeks! Not that that will necessarily make a difference in his mindless curiosity about everything but it can't hurt! The instructor kept us after class (oh for shame...) and she said that for one thing he is growing faster than the speed of sound right now. He's just a little guy full of hormones, growing limbs and a very social personality. Nevertheless, he has to learn to follow my commands. We want to use him as a therapy dog and he MUST pass obedience classes before he can even begin that training.

He's young...a young dunce for now. But dang...he is just so sweet! :wub:

maxiesmom
10-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Oh he's just a youngster! He'll get better as he gets a little older. Dang, I want to hug all these cute doggies I see on the avatars!

JBgreendawn
10-12-2007, 05:25 PM
hang in there Mom, it's bound to get better sooner or later.

cecescraps
10-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Jennifer, you just crack me up w/ your cute doggie stories! As someone else said, "Gabe is a BOY!" 'nuff said! :) And, by the way, we call Cooper the "Trailer Trash Cavalier" b/c most Cavaliers are kinda prissy, don't bark, are very well mannered and always look so cute. NOT Cooper, his fur is always a mess, he barks like a drunken sailor, runs around like a crazy lunatic and just generally makes an A-- of himself around other people. But, we still LOVE him to pieces and I kinda like that he has his own little personality!
:) So, Gabe is just expressing himself but, I bet he'll be the best dog ever when he is suppose to be!

Cathi

inkinupstamps
10-12-2007, 05:28 PM
hang in there Mom, it's bound to get better sooner or later.

Ya think? LOL

Last night Paul went with me to class. He said, "You know we officially have the class clown in obedience school!":twitcy:

ellie
10-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Do you think Zoe could go with him?