PDA

View Full Version : paper woes! I need your opinions.

ellie
10-13-2007, 04:18 PM
I have moved my 81/2 x 11 paper to a file cabinet. It is all sorted by color with the "scraps" behind the full sheets. My question is: what is too little to save? What is your rule of thumb for saving scraps of paper. I have so much and it takes up a lot of room.

firefly
10-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Ellie I know what you mean about scraps! Generally I don't save anything smaller than 2 inches sq. It does help to store it by color so it's easier to find! HTH - Sally

workin4stamps
10-13-2007, 04:30 PM
yeah...about the same as what Sally said. I just eyeball it. If it looks small, I throw it away.

:-)
Traci

tesschap
10-13-2007, 05:38 PM
I do the same. If it's small than 2" square or tattered in any way I toss it.

mydogstinks2
10-13-2007, 05:40 PM
I had problems throwing scraps away at first. Now that I am I find it easier to just toss one when I don't think I'll use it. Also have your garbage can right there, once it's in don't take it back out. I agree with everyone else on the size.

Christie
10-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Same here. I use to keep it all and found that I had so much scarps it was taking over everything. Now if it's smaller then about 2 inches it goes in the recycle bin!

ellie
10-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks for your input ladies! That is pretty much what I am doing but I have so much of it! Do you guys have a ton of paper or is it just me? Then when I go to make something I have trouble finding just the right color! :eek:

My3Ds
10-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Ellie - I have soooo much paper. I love it and find myself not being able to cut/tear it for things like cards. I figure I'll leave it whole and use it for scrapbooking and just cut the cardstock. I even buy 3 sheets of the same pattern - 2 for the scrapbook and 1 to mutilate for cards. And even then, I can't bring myself to use it. I'm horrible. I do make myself toss the scraps - my dh would toss me out if I kept any more stuff.

logcabincreations
10-13-2007, 09:30 PM
You can take your scraps and punches and make all kinds of shapes...unless the scraps are too small to fit in the punches then I would toss it.

threefriends91
10-14-2007, 02:32 AM
l find if it will fit into one of my punches l keep it, but l do love paper and have to keep a garbage bag beside me or l would keep everything LOL l do however have a clear handle bag close by for the little pcs. l keep

3darlings
10-14-2007, 09:39 AM
I save my paper until I can't get a small punch out of it. You never know. My daughter uses my scraps too to do "little" projects. I have little plastic drawers with "matching" sizes in them. (I was NEVER, NEVER like this until stinkydog saved everything...now she has me doing it!!)LOL

mydogstinks2
10-14-2007, 10:11 AM
I save my paper until I can't get a small punch out of it. You never know. My daughter uses my scraps too to do "little" projects. I have little plastic drawers with "matching" sizes in them. (I was NEVER, NEVER like this until stinkydog saved everything...now she has me doing it!!)LOL

and your welcome!

JBgreendawn
10-14-2007, 11:07 AM
well, i used to be a person who never throw any cardstock away...
i kept these scraps till they were too small to punch, then i moved the shreds to paper lunch sacks by color and when one lunch sack was full of shreds, ( and four cups of tap water) I'd put it in the blender and make hand made papers out of it with a kit thing from Michaels crafts...
but, then i had a hard time using that cardstock ( hoard it something terrible) and then it just got overwhelming the amount of space that uses to store every little thing.
so for the last few months i have been tossing small cardstock, and then last week or the week before i dumped the entire basket of shreds in the bin too... ( enough for countless pieces of paper to be made) But, i just don't have the time for that, id rather stamp.

ellie
10-14-2007, 11:22 AM
I am so glad I am not alone in this. I usually buy a minimum of 2 sheets of each paper and several if I really love it. Once I get it home, I don't ever want to cut it up.