PDA

View Full Version : In need of some creative dust sprinkled my way!

tesschap
10-17-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm heading to Syracuse on Saturday morning to attend the Upstate NY Get-together for SCS. While I am excited to attend this fun event, I am in panic mode as I still haven't completed my shoebox project, my recipe cards, or altered my grab bag gift! I have a few ideas for my shoe box - for which I have to make five finished cards & supplies for ten to be made at my table - but all of my ideas involve either heat embossing or SU Crystal Effects and neither are convenient to use at the table. If you have any extra creative dust can you sprinkle it my way as I am hoping to get these projects done tonight!

On a cooler note - while blog surfing a few months ago one of the blogs I visited mentioned vacationing at Lake George (which is 10 minutes from me and where we keep our boats) and even had pictures of an arcade that we took our niece and nephew to on the same weekend. I emailed this person - Lisa (http://www.inkerdoodles.blogspot.com/) - to see where she was from and low and behold - she lives about 45 minutes from me. We've been exchanging emails and discovered that we have a friend in common! We both decided we'd attend this weekend's get-together - a first for both of us. I'll be picking her up on bright and early Saturday morning. It's not the MOA trip I didn't get to take but I'll take it!

Ok - back to that creataive dust - sprinkle it my way - please?!

mdcash
10-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Hey T-could that part be done ahead of time and added as an embellishment?

tesschap
10-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks Melissa for the suggestion. I may do just that. I played with making a paper pin and attaching it to the card front. It is adorable - although not quite finished yet - so if I do the pin without using Crystal Effects or heat embossing I think it would be ok for them to do that part at home. Now to figure out my recipe cards and grab bag gift!

teabear
10-17-2007, 11:05 AM
It sounds like a fun meet up. Just imagine all that creativity in one room. I've always wanted to do the shoebox project thing. It sounds like so much fun. Just do whatever you have the feel for on your projects. Maybe you are putting too much pressure on yourself to make something amazing, and you always make amazing things anyways :)

flyingflower
10-17-2007, 12:03 PM
I have family visiting this weekend, so I've sent my muse to sit on your shoulder. Sorry about the glitter in your hair & on your face and ...

Christie
10-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Are you dusty yet? I've sent you a sand storm of creativity!!