PDA

View Full Version : I could use some prayers

midnitecreations
10-18-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm been trying really hard to handle this on my own, but I don't think I'm doing all that well. My very young DH (42) has been having problems with shortness of breath and chest pressure and some chest pain. So we've been going through a ton of tests. After all the tests were done, they say they are 70% sure he's got a block in one of his main arteries. We go to the hospital tomorrow for them to do an "angioplasticy". This is where they insert a scope in you and if there is a block they put a stint in.

I've been trying to put a good front on this, but it's so hard when the house is quite like now and it's just me and all my fears and worries. I normally would have told my mom, but my dad just had a back surgery which was complicated by preexisting problems. After a 10 day stay in the hospital, he just got home. I couldn't tell her, because she's already got so much on her plate. When I finally told her 2 days ago, she just cries on the phone. That just makes it worse on me.

I'd appreciate it if you would send up a prayer for me and my DH. I could use a hug too, if you guys don't mind.

GrammaStamper
10-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Renu, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure the angioplasty will go well, they are so advanced in problems with the heart nowadays.

Becky P
10-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Renu. WOW. Big stressers there, but know that all will work out well. Doctors are absolutely amazing these days!

Remember to tell your darling that you love him. And maybe let him know you are a t-tiny bit scared. He probly is too. But together you can conquer it.

Keep us updated. ((((HUGE HUGS)))) and prayers are going up.

loobylou
10-18-2007, 10:28 AM
G'day Renu
Sending you (((((((hugs)))))))))))

I hope everything goes well for dh tomorrow. My FIl has has the Angioplasty surgery. It made a big improvement in his health. I'll say a prayer for you both

iloveflipflops
10-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Oh Renu .. big hugs coming your way!! That is scary stuff but modern medicine has gotten so much better. Will be thinking about you and him tomorrow and be sure and let us know how he does.

hbpuppy
10-18-2007, 10:58 AM
My step-mom had the same procedure done last year. She just turned 47. I think it's fairly routine. She was in the hospital for a few days and then she just had to take it easy for a few more days. But I think she's totally fine now.

Good luck tomorrow.

teabear
10-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Sending lots of hugs and well wishes out to you Renu. It's so difficult to face any kind of surgery, and especially anything do with the heart is scary. So glad you shared with us. I hope your burden eases a bit.

Vintagegal
10-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Renu, I'm sending up prayers right now. Please know I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for as long as you need them. Hugs to you,

logcabincreations
10-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi Renu....all will go just fine. My mom had this done. He will be in good hands -- the Lord will have his arms around him. Sending lots of prayers and hugs your way.

patg
10-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Renu (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) to you! You should have to go about this alone. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Everything will be fine! Pat

mcourtney
10-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Sending you hugs. I went through this with my DH a couple of years ago. We're here for you.

midnitecreations
10-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Thank you. It means a lot to me what I'm reading. I'm trying to keep my mind off it, but it's really hard. Thanks.

mom_on_line
10-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Sending you lots of hugs and prayers.

Everyone I've spoken to that had it done (I work in a medical office) said that the thought of it was scariest but they felt so much better after.

Hugs!

ellie
10-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Renu, I am praying right now....please feel free to come here and talk to us anytime...we love you and are here for you.

cecescraps
10-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Hugs for Renu! I understand how scary this must be for you but, I'm sure everything will be fine. I will say a prayer for your DH tomorrow (and you too).

Cathi

tesschap
10-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Oh sweetie - I will keep DH and you in my thoughts and prayers. No medical procedure is ever fun and it is always so scary - I am so not a medical person myself but I worked for a large medical device manufacturer for many years and my DH runs a large medical device facility that specializes in cardiovascular (heart) products. Angioplasty is very common - even among younger people. The products on the market today are excellent and it is amazing how far modern technology has come. I have seen this procedure done and if I recall correctly DH will have a minor incision - most likely in the groin area - and have sand bags on top of him afterwards as he won't be able to lift his head about his heart for a few hours after the procedure. The good thing about this procedure is that it should tell your DH's medical professionals what the problem is. Blockages and clogged arteries are common and can be easily taken care of. That being said - I flip out when a member of my family needs dental work so I know how stressful any medical procedure can be for you, DH, and your family. Do keep us posted and be strong.

Hugs to you.

Christie
10-18-2007, 12:29 PM
OH Renu I'm so glad you told us. I'm sorry you and your dh are having to go through this. Thankfully they caught it now and can fix it before it gets any worse. I will be sure to keep you and your dh in my thoughts and prayers. ((((HUGS))))

ccstampin12
10-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Renu,
I had the heart catheterization test a few years ago. I would think this procedure is similar. I was lucky because I had the test on Friday, so they didn't use the sandbags...they gave me a plug in the incision instead. I had to carry a card with me for 3 months afterward as the plug was disintegrating that slowly. I felt fine once my legs got their feeling back!
I'm hoping for all the best for your DH. Hopes, prayers, and positive thoughts coming your way.
HUGS...too!
Joanie

Paula Carden
10-18-2007, 07:55 PM
(((((HUGS))))) for both of you! YOU both are in my thoughts and prayers!

lakeslady
10-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Renu my thought and prayers are with you and your husband.
I had this operation a few years ago, and the worst part was waiting for it to take place. Not a nice thing to have to go through, but like another Shackie said, it is best that they have discovered the heart problem and are in a position to do something about it. I sincerely hope everything works out well for both of you.
Big Hugs from across the pond.

Canadian, eh
10-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Sening hugs and best wishes to your husband. DH had five stents inserted four years ago, and goes for a treadmill testing every year, and things are fine. Doctors do wonders now-a-days. Good luck.

mahodgman
10-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Great big hugs to you today!